The Historical Jesus was Losing my religion... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-25-2004, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, but mostly in the foothills of the Cascades
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

I didn't want to hijack Thistle's thread, so I started a new one.

It is very late and I should be asleep, but I stumbled on Thistle's thread and just had to jump in. Please forgive me if I am a bit curt - I really *do* need to go back to bed!

For those of you looking for books on the historical Jesus, I recommend these:

Jesus Lived in India: His Unknown Life Before and After the Crucifixion, by Holger Kersten

The Lost Years of Jesus: Documentary Evidence of Jesus' 17-Year Journey to the East, by Elizabeth Clare Prophet

These were both quite eye-opening for me! I was raised Lutheran, and was even one of those geeks that carried my bible around with me in High School. Eee-GADS!! Ten years later, after an abusive relationship, I started my journey in earnest. Studied some Native American philosophy, Taoism, practiced with a very good meditation teacher, and eventually became a disciple of a Hindu guru. Then I started thinking about Christ again, and found these books. While I still consider my 'personal saviour' to be my Hindu guru, these books helped me to better understand my early Christianity.

Ok, it *is* late, and I am not thinking clearly. I hope to pick up this thread tomorrow.

(MotherNurture, I am in the eastern Seattle suburbs, and I have spent many, many, happy hours at East West! )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-27-2004, 11:39 PM

Shakti,
thank you so much for the book recommendations. I can't wait to find them! My husband was telling me the Jesus living in India stuff.. it sounds fascinating... I read another book before my last pregnancy by Elizabeth Clare Prophet.. I think it was Nurturing the Spirit of your Unborn Child or something like that.

Where do you live on the Eastside? I live in Woodinville. My new ritual is going to Whole Foods and East-West Bookshop on Saturday mornings when I can make it downtown...
#3 of 7 Old 05-28-2004, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, but mostly in the foothills of the Cascades
Would you believe that I have written you a long reply and lost it? Not once, but twice!!!! : My first two replies were quite inspired, but I am not sure that I can do it again! This may be the short version:

We are in North Bend. I sure wish you were closer! Maybe we could meet for coffee some time? Have you been to The Sunlight Cafe? It is right across the street from Whole Foods.

I have really been feeling the need to resurrect (!) my spiritual side lately! We have been sooooo busy with house building that we have little time for ourselves.

Oh, dear, I really have lost my train of thought after losing my reply twice. So sorry! I had written a whole tome! I will try to come back later and re-create it.

Cheers!
#4 of 7 Old 05-30-2004, 03:47 AM

Shakti,

my dh has a friend (co-worker) who lives in North Bend. My dh works at T-Mobile in Factoria area of Bellevue. I don't get up to North Bend very often (occasionally I'll go up to the outlet mall for children's clothes). I have not been to Sunlight Cafe yet but it looks interesting. Right now, I usually get a 2 hour getaway (alone, with dh at home with kids) on Saturday morning to go to Whole Foods (and East-West when I have a little money!).

How long did it take to build your house? We are moving hopefully in the fall but want to stay in the general area - Bothell-Woodinville-Redmond area.
#5 of 7 Old 06-02-2004, 11:31 AM

Elizabeth Claire Prophet is just one in a long line of authors who have cooked up this Jesus in Tibet hoax.

Just read about the whole history of it in the Incredible Shrinking Son of Man by Robert Price.

It started back in the 19th century.

Googled and found a link by Price on the subject:

http://www.westarinstitute.org/Perio...bet/tibet.html
#6 of 7 Old 06-02-2004, 09:41 PM

Sorry to jump in here like this, but I really don't think what DarylLLL said was particularly patronizing or offensive. If she doesn't mind my putting words in her mouth (sorry...), she was trying to point out that this idea, interesting as it may be, doesn't stand up to critical scrutiny (although it sounds like a great basis for a novel. Dan Brown, are you listening??). Why get offended or take it personally??
#7 of 7 Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM

moderator's note:
I have removed certain posts to this thread for various reasons. If you feel I have made an error in enforcing the guidelines, please take it up via PM with me. If you have any question about the guidelines themselves, please take a moment to read through them here, and again, feel free to PM me any questions you may have. Any further conflict will result in this thread being locked and/or removed from this forum permanently. Peace

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page