Prediction Number Three. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
some time ago, I made Prediction Number one, which was greeted with disgust and distain.

That Bush would unilaterally lead USA into war with Iraq.

That prediction came true.

Then, about five months ago, much to the disgust of some, I made prediction number two, which was that the USA would have another four years of Bush.

That too came true.

My third prediction is one I really can't get wrong and is this:

These next four years, will lay the foundations to separate the "sheep" from the "goats".

By "their" fruits you shall know them.

By that I mean in two senses.

It may take a little while to see where Bush will lead those who wish to be lead by the nose. So the first "sense", is politically, both nationally and internationally. We, the louts from overseas, will obviously watch with interest.

But what about in the second sense, which is individually? For each American? (And for each non-american)

All sunshine makes a desert.

While much is being made about the "badness" of a divided nation, I don't think it is a bad thing.

Many of you are depressed about the result, but what's to be depressed about? You are not "personally" responsible. You can't "do" anything about it.

If everyone makes sure their doorstep, neighbourhood, and street is clean, and the issues that are important to them are tended to, that is all you can do.

Some people who didn't really know what they stood for, four years ago, now do. If nothing else, many people on both sides of the debate know themselves perhaps a bit better.

Everyone, on both sides of the fence, who is passionate about something, owes it to themselves, and whatever that issue is, to get on with it, to be true to themselves, so that they can look back and at least say; "I followed my heart. I didn't sit back, and watch it all, as if it was a soap opera."

To me, this is a fascinating time. It's like watching a finger starting to write on a wall, holding one's breath, and wondering what the next word will be.

The question we must each ask of ourselves is, will we be weighed in the balances and found wanting ourselves?

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#2 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 03:49 AM

Thanks for that, MT. There's still some life in the old, grey nag...
#3 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 03:55 AM

well put.

Thanks for a new perspective.

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#4 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:06 AM
dlb

Location: between the silence of the mountains, and the crashing of the sea....
Hey you.

I am hurting and afraid, and hoping to be comforted. This is a scary time, and unfortunately I didn't get my street cleaned today.
#5 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb
Hey you.

I am hurting and afraid, and hoping to be comforted. This is a scary time, and unfortunately I didn't get my street cleaned today.
But you know, tomorrow is a new day, and there's always something you can do for someone, even if its only a smile, a song, or a flower arrangement.

It really is okay. You can only do what you can only do. We are a work in progress, and its the walk that counts. And the heart that motivates it.

Keep short accounts, and do your best.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#6 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:19 AM

bump
#7 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary Briss
Thanks for that, MT. There's still some life in the old, grey nag...
Maybe.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...b5c30000001610

#8 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:25 AM

Fabulous!

I knew you were watching with great interest!

A fine fettle we are in now, eh?
#9 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:32 AM

Yes, I know you told us so. PPPBBBLLLTTTT!!!

Happy to see you.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#10 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Els' 3 Ones
Fabulous!

I knew you were watching with great interest!

A fine fettle we are in now, eh?
Course I was watching E3O.

Fine Fettle? Depends what you mean... IMO you might be where you need to be, E3O. Perhaps its make or break time. does anything decent come out of slumber?

For too long, in my opinion, Americans have assumed two things. That the world revolves around America, and that all good things come to he who sits and waits.

Perhaps this is the wake-up call people need to reassess their priorities.

And to make their life (and death) count for something.

#11 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy
Yes, I know you told us so. PPPBBBLLLTTTT!!!

Happy to see you.
Oh dang. I didn't mean it in that way.

It was sort of an eye-catcher, or side bar.

And after all, everyone had a 50% chance of being right. Or wrong.

#12 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 04:42 AM

I know you didn't I was messing with you.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#13 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 06:14 AM

Thanks, MT - I'm glad to see you here as well.

This forum needs a voice of reason and calm right about now. Thanks for providing it...
#14 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 06:52 AM

You look marvelous!!!
#15 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 07:25 AM

You're looking good MT. Nice to see you.

I'm up at 2.30 am, trying to find some perspective (and trying to ignore having come-and-go contractions at the same time - after three weeks it gets boring)

I liked your post. I might even reread it then try to get some sleep.

Good to see you!
#16 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Banned

Hey, MT - long time no see!

Yes, I agree 100% that everyone who's moaning and throwing up their hands needs to stop it and get back to work. It is time for a serious regrouping.

Whether this is a matter of Biblical proportions, OTOH, is a matter about which I find it useless to speculate.

The direction this country is going is a frightening one, and we all need to be putting serious thought in not only how to respond, but also how to retake leadership on all accounts, and in what form.
#17 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 09:30 AM

Momtezuma Tuatura...... I am in such a muddle.... what do I do when I am so d@mned scared of your prediction number three, despite my non-believer status? I am searching for ways to channel the raw energy, the fear I feel in my bones over this 2004 election in the States.....

I am trying so hard not to be angry, but oh my am I angry.....

I have even briefly entertained thoughts of moving back to the states to try and do something, anything, just to try & make sure that the beautiful parts of American culture are not lost in this madness of global warfare & premptive strikes & pathetic tit for tat...... crazy thoughts, but really, this hijacking of American culture cannot be allowed to stand.....

or is that a self-fulfilling prophecy of some sort, a grotesque attempt to hold off the final gasp of a dying empire.........

Jeesh, I am feeling dark tonight. Sorry guys, last thing we all need right now I suppose

I would love to find a little light somewhere though.......

Aussiemumhippie.gif (40), DH caffix.gif (39), DD reading.gif (13), & DS 2whistle.gif(11).

#18 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 12:01 PM
dlb

Location: between the silence of the mountains, and the crashing of the sea....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
But you know, tomorrow is a new day, and there's always something you can do for someone, even if its only a smile, a song, or a flower arrangement.

It really is okay. You can only do what you can only do. We are a work in progress, and its the walk that counts. And the heart that motivates it.

Keep short accounts, and do your best.

Thank you for the reminder. Its so easy to despair right now.
#19 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 12:18 PM

Hey MT, nice to see you around here. You look great . Sadly you were right but we gotta move on from this and work harder to make sure this country doesn't totally go into the ground.
#20 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 12:22 PM

You look GREAT!

I sadly am a blue nag..in a blue state.

alas....

I will go clean my street. And you're right.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#21 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 12:43 PM

Is that really you?? How beautiful you are!

Thanks for the words of encouragment.
#22 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 12:51 PM

I have to say MT, I envy your location. Love to be living in New Zealand at the moment.
#23 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 01:19 PM

Ah, can't wait for the street to be cleaned.

Really, the whole earth needs cleansing...

A war, a pestilence perhaps...a sickness...something or someone will surely come along to cleanse away our moral failings...can't we just pop a pill or something, fly away to a better place? Would that we had any control....sigh...
#24 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursing Mother
I agree with prediction # 3.....totally.

They'll be a seperation....thats for sure.

I believe now there is really only "one thing" holding us together.

I pray for unity, but in my heart I know it won't come.

The prediction is bleak imo, yet true.
I do not understand. You fully supported prediction #1, you made prediction #2 come true via your actions and now you agree with prediction #3?

Why do you pray for something your religion tells you cannot be? Why do you pray for something then take actions which prevent it totally?
#25 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Dear BritishMum Hope all goes well. Spread out contractions are boring. But "spread out contractions" in terms of the world, are necessary.

Quote:
from marlena

Yes, I agree 100% that everyone who's moaning and throwing up their hands needs to stop it and get back to work. It is time for a serious regrouping.

Whether this is a matter of Biblical proportions, OTOH, is a matter about which I find it useless to speculate.
God only knows, Marlena. : :LOL

He will tell us bits and pieces, but only he knows the master plan.

Quote:
from aussiemum

Momtezuma Tuatura...... I am in such a muddle.... what do I do when I am so d@mned scared of your prediction number three, despite my non-believer status? I am searching for ways to channel the raw energy, the fear I feel in my bones over this 2004 election in the States.....
Without prejudice, ask God. He has promised to give strength and personal answers as to their own walk, to all who ask with honest intent, and a truthful heart.

Don't, whatever you do, go to a church to find someone to ask. That's the best way to disconnect the line. What you want is "one to one" reality, with no interference or static.

Quote:
I am trying so hard not to be angry, but oh my am I angry.....

I have even briefly entertained thoughts of moving back to the states to try and do something, anything, just to try & make sure that the beautiful parts of American culture are not lost in this madness of global warfare & premptive strikes & pathetic tit for tat...... crazy thoughts, but really, this hijacking of American culture cannot be allowed to stand.....
I don't see it as a hijacking of American culture. This is, what American culture has been in the past, in various forms and ways. Ask the First People.

Quote:
or is that a self-fulfilling prophecy of some sort, a grotesque attempt to hold off the final gasp of a dying empire.........
No point in being angry to the point of impotence. Yes use it as fuel if you like, but don't let it get in the way of constructive thinking. It's not a self-fulfilling prophecy. Its the fulfillment of the inevitable outcome of action results in reaction. It's the writing on the wall. All "Nebuchadnezzers" have faced this.

Quote:
Jeesh, I am feeling dark tonight. Sorry guys, last thing we all need right now I suppose

I would love to find a little light somewhere though.......
You know, Aussiemum. You only appreciate the sunshine, when you work through the valleys. But the key thing everyone has to resolve is what death means to them, and which bets they are going to hedge.

Because there can only be one "right".

Not all options are viable.

when you figure out what death means to you, and decide what you will do with the rest of your life, so that you can account for what that means to you, then you will be at peace with yourself.

Quote:
from canobeans

Really, the whole earth needs cleansing...

A war, a pestilence perhaps...a sickness...something or someone will surely come along to cleanse away our moral failings...can't we just pop a pill or something, fly away to a better place? Would that we had any control....sigh...
Don't worry, Jill, all that is on its way. And there is no point in facing it in a morbid state of mind. The key is to do what we know we should now, both physically, personally, family wise etc. IMO, now is the time to resolve differences, to live each day as if its our last.

And plan as if we will live forever.

Then we can face whatever the future throws at us with our heads held high.

Quote:
from playdoh do not understand. You fully supported prediction #1, you made prediction #2 come true via your actions and now you agree with prediction #3?

Why do you pray for something your religion tells you cannot be? Why do you pray for something then take actions which prevent it totally?
Playdoh, I know that Nursing Mother won't agree with my assessment, but I'll run that risk.

One vote does not... a difference ....make. Has anyone considered that an electronic election is the best/easiest way to rig an election? Who says Bush got in there in any honest way? Any more than last time?

God sometimes needs Pharoahs. Without pharoahs, his people just sit in their slumber, and allow themselves to be slaves. And even within his people, he has to separate the sheep from the goats, the "churchians" from the "christians". The bible says that not all who call on his name, will belong to him.

Let those who chose to see Bush as a sheep, see him as one.

Let those who see him as a sheep in wolves clothing, get their priorities worked out because everyone has to answer, at least to themselves, if not to God himself, for their future actions.

Playdoh, the Bible says that no man can "vote" in a person that God does not "want" there. That doesn't mean to say that any "Pharoah" is wanted by the people, but simply fulfills a role. I view Bush as a "Pharoah". Certainly not an "antichrist" - he doesn't have the requisite background for that.

But he will be an anvil needed, so that the hammer can temper the mettle. Look at what he is doing here, on this board? He is making people think, assess, work out what and who they stand for a why. There is no more precious tool, than an anvil. Every cloud has a silver lining.

IMO, these times are requisite character forming times, just as has been all "history" that went before. As "metal" refining.

I have a choice to accept the challenge and hold my head up high, or run away. No-one will "make" me accept the challenge, but there will come a time when I have to answer for myr actions.

That's all that matters now.

Quote:
from Nursing MotherI understand the jest of what she is trying to say here and am just attempting to explain my "twist" on her thoughts.
Very small jest, as Abi picked up, but really no jest.

It is, hopefully, to encourage people to accept the challenge, rise to it, and prove to themselves, who and what they are, whatever path they chose to take.

It was prompted by the depression and sense of uselessness I felt here. It's was a form of the old sports locker room "pep" talk, the "gee up" and chin up sort of stuff.

we all need it sometimes.

#26 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 05:56 PM

Hilary, she meant Gist. Yes, I know, life is an Infinite Gist sometimes.

Don't know about hte predictions, but the cleansing sickness that COB talked about may beat wars that one might otherwise have to enter.

I will never be able to understand what someone would want to have to do with a god that allows all this. But if one really believes that evil will win and politicians are mere pawns in the hands of the god that wants all this evil just to increase the ignorants' hope of rapture and whatnot, I AM starting to understand why one would vote for Bush.

natural fundie living. whatever.
#27 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonee
I will never be able to understand what someone would want to have to do with a god that allows all this.
what would you have Simonee? God as a despotic dictator, whose followers have to just do as he tells them to?

What God wants are a people who will love him as much as they love themselves, and love their neighbours as much as they love God. And do all that, because they want to do it, and they want to come to Him.

Any God who rules by force isn't going to win converts. And that's why Jesus came, because the old testament ways were not working. They were alienating people by the "have to" and the "must do" and the "obligations" that the Sanhedrin insisted on. What he originally wanted had become a man-focused empire.

Quote:
But if one really believes that evil will win and politicians are mere pawns in the hands of the god that wants all this evil just to increase the ignorants' hope of rapture and whatnot, I AM starting to understand why one would vote for Bush.
Simonee, I would never have voted for Bush under any circumstances. But neither would I have voted for Kerry. I wouldn't have voted for Gore either. He had a real weasel face.

Most christians believe that evil will win, because Jesus told us that in order to have those who wanted to, to come to God of their own free-will, that would be the outcome. Why? Because he knew that the majority would NOT want to come to God, and the way the world works, its the majority that holds sway.

God is not the "ruler" of this world.

He made it plain in the Bible, that because of what Satan had done, and because the battle is over the voluntary giving of hearts and minds, that the "battleground" down here was "ruled" by Satan, within certain limits.

Those limits are, that people who come to God voluntarily, step outside of what some might call "cosmic forces". Once you honestly pledge your life to God, then you can see miracles happen in your life.

But if you chose to stay outside of that parameter, then God is not going to come and : you over the head and make you come to him.

He is not going to sweep in and get rid of the Hitlers, the Stalins, the Bush's etc, because the whole tenet of what God is about is predicated on the FACT that we must do it freely, because we WANT to do it.

What the world is all about, are the working out of the consequences of what man's wisdom allows to happen.

And that is why the holocaust happened. Because the people who should have stood up and done what was right, did not. And those who did not belong to God, or had no conscience, went right along with it all, and thought it was all all right.

Very few people "did" what was right. Some did, and films have been made about them. If everyone had done what God had wanted, Hitler would never have got any traction in the first place.

But "people" , in their own wisdom, think they know best. And they think God is a lunatic and they can run the world better in their human strength. And look where it has got them.

God has to allow all this to run its course, and has to continue to do so, because he is NOT a dictator, and he wants people to understand that brute force, violence and dictatorship are never the answer. And that people have to do what is right, because they want to, and know its the right thing. Not because someone says so.

And that they have to LIVE it.

It's amazing that people who are not christians somehow expect God to come along and vaporise every creep that exists on the face of the earth.

That creep is only there because some human allowed that creep to become a creep and stay a creep. That too, is called "consequences".

Morris West wrote a trilogy with three books. "The Shoes of the Fisherman" "The Clowns of God" and "Lazarus".

In "The Clowns of God", the deposed pope (deposed because he spoke the truth, and the religious powers that be realised that such truth would negate their power) had a meeting with the Russian ambassador, who asked for the Pope to intercede with God to come up with a miraculous answer for the impending wheat shortage and resultant looming starvation in Russia. In a pique of anger the deposed Pope replied:

"You cannot write God out of your manifesto, and expect Him to turn up at harvest time."

That is what the world does not understand, Simonee.

People can't write God out of their lives, and yet at the same time expect God to right all the wrongs they have perpetrated, or rail at Him for not preventing the very consequences of their own "wisdom" which turns out to be stupidity or wickedness.

That is not what God is all about, or has ever been about.

It's so simple that most people don't understand it.

#28 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
Don't worry, Jill, all that is on its way. And there is no point in facing it in a morbid state of mind. The key is to do what we know we should now, both physically, personally, family wise etc. IMO, now is the time to resolve differences, to live each day as if its our last.
Oh, dear. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you, but that post wasn't really for you. I guess a weird spell came over me or something. I must have the flu.

Me, I'm as chipper as a chipmunk about the world. I don't believe we are headed for this big apocalypse that some people choose to believe in...why they choose to, I do not know. What a downer of a way to live, believing it's all going to hell and you have no control over it...no wonder some people don't want to work at improving the world. Shame we have to share the planet with those folks -- not for much longer though, I guess that's the way their thinking goes.

Personally, I think we might be on the verge of a breakthrough in the evolution of humanity -- as long as the CIC doesn't get us all blown to smithereens in the meantime. He is helping to show us what doesn't work and we will learn from that. We've come a long way, but we have a long way to go. Onward and upward to the next level.

Nice to see you around, by the way, and your photo is lovely.
#29 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursing Mother
No, actually I meant Jest, as I said.
Who are you trying to kid? You are the Queen of Malapropisms, for goodness' sake!
#30 of 113 Old 11-04-2004, 06:46 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page