Spinoff: religion and choice - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-22-2006, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigianna View Post
We don't live in a tight-knit church-going community. We have friends from church but we have friends from many other settings too. I wouldn't *want* to live in a tight-knit church-going community. And we do have pop culture in our house; I try to keep out the less family-friendly elements, but I don't think exposure to pop culture is necessarily a bad thing. It's a valuable part of understanding society. Also, I think homeschooling expands what they're exposed to, not limits it. They aren't limited by the structure and preconceived ideas of school. We don't necessarily set out to "teach diversity," but kids can see naturally differences in people's lifestyles and ideas.
That makes sense, so ultimately if your dd, lets say, decided she wanted to be a minister in the church when she grew up, you'd be all for that, right?

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2006, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeber View Post
That makes sense, so ultimately if your dd, lets say, decided she wanted to be a minister in the church when she grew up, you'd be all for that, right?
I'm not sure what you mean by "all for that," but I would respect her choice even if I didn't agree with it.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:54 PM

That is what I meant by all for that...respect it regardless...cool.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.

User Tag List