Are we in the END TIMES? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2007, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been doing a lot of research on some scary things that are happening in this country. It's led me to believe that we are in the end times. My latest research has brought me to someone who has researched the Bible and has discovered that many of the End Time events have already happened (in the political world). He also talks about some important events that are about to happen.
I would like to share a video of a church service where he speaks of
these things.
I think it's time to get the word out, and to be prepared for the
things that are to come. It may be more important to prepare our
children for the Kingdom of God, rather than for college at this
point. (no, I'm not saying our kids shoud skip college....I'm just talking priorities).

Click on the link to watch the webcast. If you click on the TV
icon on the last line titled "Are we Living in the Last Days?"...you
should be able to watch it.

http://www.calvaryabq.org/services.a...C.%20Rosenberg

I also have his book "Epicenter". It's facinating. I don't want to be one who is "left behind." I think the world is going to be a horrible place to live after the rapture. And this may only be months away. It could be a few years, but if you realize that it really could be very soon, it's creates the urgency that is needed to get ready.

Matthew 24:21 "There will be a lot of misery at that time, a kind of misery that has not happened from the beginning of the world until now and will certainly never happen again."

What could some of the misery be? Nuclear bombs? Disease -bioweapons/plagues? population control/genocide-vaccines? One world government/slavery?

I'm interested in any feedback on this one.
Mary K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 03:41 AM

I believe we are.

Bobbi

Wife to Chris

Mama to Maggie

.http://snoodledoodles.blogspot.com/

Old 11-11-2007, 10:16 AM

I attended Calvary ABQ for many years before we moved from NM. I have the utmost respect for Skip and think he is a fantastic teacher. My dh was saved under him and I will always regard him as my pastor. Although I beleive we are living in the last days, who is to say how long those are? You see, God's day is 1000 years or so......not sure, but not 24 hours. There are still many more events that must take place. I for one think it could be my children's lifetime, or their childrens. I don't think fear or worry is something to entertain. Spread His love and pray! And yes, still plan for the future and certainly pray for it.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:35 AM

I believe there are many who are trying to force events in order to bring about their perception of what the "End Times" will be, but I believe their perception of the meaning of the apocalyptic books is incorrect (and dangerously so at that). Because of the efforts of those who are trying to force events to occur, I think we could bring about our own destruction. However, I do not have any reason to believe we are living in a time where we will see Jesus' Second Coming, more so than any other time. Jesus said we cannot know when He will return.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Because of the efforts of those who are trying to force events to occur, I think we could bring about our own destruction.
Wonderfully put, thank you for being the voice of reason.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB's Mom View Post
I don't want to be one who is "left behind." I think the world is going to be a horrible place to live after the rapture. And this may only be months away. It could be a few years, but if you realize that it really could be very soon, it's creates the urgency that is needed to get ready ...

I'm interested in any feedback on this one.
Mary K

Well, I for one think you should get ready. The single most important thing to do is to mail me your car keys. Then when you go on up, you can just leave me a note where it's parked.

'K?

Just goofin'.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Jesus said we cannot know when He will return.
He said we will not know the day or the hour. He did say we will know the season. He wants us to pay attention to the signs. If he didn't want us to know he was near, he would not have told us of the things that are to happen (and the things that have already happened.) I think it's dangerous to ignore these things.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:36 PM

No. I don't believe so. Not in the sense as described above.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
He said we will not know the day or the hour. He did say we will know the season. He wants us to pay attention to the signs. If he didn't want us to know he was near, he would not have told us of the things that are to happen (and the things that have already happened.) I think it's dangerous to ignore these things.
Yeah, that. I think we're screwed. I just hope I know what to do and when to do it if the End Times come when I'm still alive. I don't mean intelectually- I "know" what's supposed to happen and such, but I hope I have some good instincts to back it up. I know my son does (has those instincts) and I'm pretty sure my little girl does, but my Hubby's gonna have a problem. He will be the one who's yelling up at the clouds (God) asking, "Is that all you've got?!" How can you leave your Hubby to go with God? How can you not go with God and stay with someone who's not? I pray the End Times are still a thousand years away.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
People have been thinking this since the 10th century, if not earlier.

Don't hold your breath.

My gut reaction to statements like the title is usually "according to which religion/culture?

"What will you do once you know?"
Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM

I hope you're right, Meiri. But you never know.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:48 PM

It depends who you ask I guess.
Me, I think that while we migth well be at the beginning of the end, I still think it is going to take MUCH longer than our lifetimes for it to come to fruition. I think "the end" will be mankind's destruction of the earth as we know it, and I do think that at some point the earth will begin to regenerate itself once it's rid of us pesty pests...

But - if you ask my Jehovas Witness friend, she says that end times are here, and she actually HOPES that Judgment will happen in her lifetime.

Each religous system has their own belief. I'm not too concerned - it will happen when it happens and nothing we can do will change it.

Working at home, tattoo'd, metalhead momma - homeschooling Evan (1.22.'06) and Abigail (8.2.'08) fencing.gif , and happy partner to Kyle jammin.gif . 
Old 11-11-2007, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I just hope I know what to do and when to do it if the End Times come when I'm still alive.
That's the easy part. Just believe in Jesus Christ that he is your Lord and Savior and you shall be saved.

Matthew 24:6-14
"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

As for your husband, God wants us to spread the word, and save souls, but if he refuses to believe, then you must save yourself. You most likely won't be together in the afterlife anyway if you end up in the place where there is "gnashing of teeth."

Remember God's promise in John 3:16
16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."
Old 11-11-2007, 06:32 PM

I think it can be a distraction to speculate on when and how the end will come. We all know for certain that the end is coming, for us, some time in the next 50 years or less, and that is what we have to be prepared for, regardless of what is happening in the world.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiri View Post
People have been thinking this since the 10th century, if not earlier.

Don't hold your breath.

My gut reaction to statements like the title is usually "according to which religion/culture?
:
Old 11-11-2007, 10:01 PM

I believe that we are living in end times, but I don't think we need to hault our daily activities. I do think it's important to gain Christ, and to be in the Word, and to be built together with other believers. We need to keep our eyes on Christ, but we also need to continue to plan as if we will (and we might) live out the rest of our lives in earth.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

Old 11-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Really? It's not that important to me when the "end times" will be. I definitely don't think it should be the reason we strive to live like Jesus. If our only reason to follow him is because of fear,then how deeply rooted is our faith? Now is the time to live as Christ asks us to, not because "the end is near!" or something, but because we love him and choose to serve him with our lives, because he is worthy and because we are able.

I am curious though, how does one prepare themselves for the end times? Are you talking spiritually? Emotionally? Physically? I think if we are striving daily to live with integrity, to embrace the fruits of the spirit, and to honor the Lord with our lives, then we have no reason to live in fear. Whatever happens is out of our control, but I have no doubt that the Lord will there be with us, guiding us and loving us.

Deep breathes and big hugs Mama.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:56 PM

No, I'm not worried about it. I'm more concerned with what people will do to each other than the end of the world as the Bible describes it.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:59 PM

I do believe that we are in the End Times. I do believe that it will happen within my lifetime. I am not afraid, because I am spiritually prepared, which is really the only thing that counts. And besides, if I am wrong about the timing, I have lost nothing. Because my relationship with my Lord & Savior would be important to me either way. So no loss at all.

I see it coming. Like my Hubby says, we have been feeling the pre-labor pains for many years now. I do believe that any day could be "it", but I still prepare for the future. Thought it would be so much easier if we knew the exact day, then we could plan accordingly!

I am excited and sad all at the same time.

Finding that delicate balance between not worrying about the future and preparing for it is difficult. But I really try, especially where my children are concerned.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:42 AM

I think we are in a sort of end times, but not in the Christian sense, as I am not a Christian.
I think humanity is coming to a crossroads of sorts with our knowledge, and conciencness (SP). Also think in terms of environmental problems that we are going to be forced to deal with very soon.
The Mayans of Central America belived that our current world cycle will end winter solctice 2012. Of course there is much speculation on what they ment by that, but I do believe something will happen. I hope it is like a great awakening where people become kind.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Why is it dangerous? I think it's more dangerous to have the idea that Jesus will come and save us from the mess we created here. There's a certain abrogation of responsiblity in it.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

I think the dangerous part would be to be caught off guard. If you have not yet accepted Jesus Christ as the Savior, then you will be left here to suffer through the hard times.
"For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again." Matthew 24:21

Yes, man is responsible for the mess we have created. The devil works through us to do evil. Sin has existed since Adam and Eve. I think the devil is achieving many things right now. I think hard times are ahead.

I'm guessing that some of the things in the near future are already starting to happen. The whole issue of population control includes creating bio-weapons (diseases and plagues -such as AIDS and lyme disease and other infections that injure the immune system), contaminated vaccines which don't protect us from disease, but actually inject us with disease (beware of the coming mandatory vaccine program), poisons in our food that the FDA has not only approved, but is promoting, chemtrails that are spraying our cities with chemicals and bio-weapons that are making us sick, toxins in our drinking water, nuclear wars? ...and we are heading towards a one world government which is trying to take God out of our society. They are already teaching our children in the schools to accept the idea of a one world government.

So, yes, we have created quite a mess for ourselves. And yes, Jesus will return to take us with him, those that believe. We may not escape all of the things that are to come, but the last 7 years will be the worst, and we will not be here for at least some of those years if you are a believer.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
So, yes, we have created quite a mess for ourselves. And yes, Jesus will return to take us with him, those that believe. We may not escape all of the things that are to come, but the last 7 years will be the worst, and we will not be here for at least some of those years if you are a believer.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. If you (not you, personally, of course) believe that you will be escaping the worst of what you believe is to come, then you will not be working to prevent these types of horrors. A danger of dispensationalism is that it causes people to see horrific events and developments as something to be happy about because it confirms (in their minds) that the time of Jesus' return is at hand. I remember reading posts on sites I visit about how excited people were that we were going to war with Iraq for precisely this reason. Sorry, but I don't think Jesus would be pleased.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingPeace View Post
I remember reading posts on sites I visit about how excited people were that we were going to war with Iraq for precisely this reason. Sorry, but I don't think Jesus would be pleased.
Are you serious?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 PM

I seems like if you believe in the "end times" as dictated in the bible ny various men, you would want to be loving like Jesus. I t is really self defeating to be spewing such hatred like "invade Iraq for Jesus". Jesus supposidly said to live for today and to love you enemies.
If i did believe in the raputer it seems ad though Jesus would take those who actually follow his commandments to LOVE.
On a related not, I watched the movie documantary Jesus Camp last night, and was disturbed on so many levels, not the least of which the adults were imparting this millenarian belief upon childre. There was actually a mother homeschooling her boys to believe that global waming was nothing to worry about. Probably because she believes they will all be raptured anyways so why listed to science.
The earth is but ours to exploit and when it is all ruined, Jesus will come back and rescue all the righteous? This is very dangerous, IMO.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingPeace View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about. If you (not you, personally, of course) believe that you will be escaping the worst of what you believe is to come, then you will not be working to prevent these types of horrors. A danger of dispensationalism is that it causes people to see horrific events and developments as something to be happy about because it confirms (in their minds) that the time of Jesus' return is at hand. I remember reading posts on sites I visit about how excited people were that we were going to war with Iraq for precisely this reason. Sorry, but I don't think Jesus would be pleased.

:

Scripture doesn't support the idea that all the good (protestant) Christians will be whisked away and escape all the bad things that are going to go down. There's a lot of self-righteousness in that idea that really makes me uncomfortable.

It's possible the second coming will happen in my time, but highly unlikely. People have been "predicting the end" for a long time now, and they always end up with egg on their face, so to speak. I'm not preoccupied with it.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Has anyone watched the link that I originally posted? Just wanted some comments on what Mr.Rosenberg had to say about all of this.

By the way, I'm not sitting around waiting for all of the bad stuff to happen. I'm trying to do my part to prevent these things because I don't want to suffer, and I don't want to see anyone else suffer, even my enemies. God wants us to love one another, and help one another, and to take care of the earth and the things he has given to us. It's our duty. However, there is evil in the world, and I do believe these things will happen. But, NO, that doesn't mean to just sit back and watch it happen, or be happy that it is happening. If we are kind to our neighbor, and help even one person who is in need, then we are doing something that is pleasing to God. And doing our part to help the environment is also pleasing to God. Good things can happen, even in bad times.
I am afraid of some of the things that may be to come. I know I need to put my trust in God and not be afraid, but it's hard sometimes, especially when you are dealing with a lot of things, such as illness, special needs children, strained relationships, financial problems, etc..... To think that the bad is going to get worse is scary. But I know I need to trust in God and pray that he will bring me peace and show me what I need to do. Helping others is something I desperately want to do, however, with my special needs kid, and 2 other young kids, it's something that's difficult to do right now. I'm realizing that I need to try to find the time to get more involved, because I might not have the leazure of sitting around, waiting for the kids to get older so that I'll have time to do service to others. I guess my service right now it to my family, but I feel the need to do more.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
God wants us to love one another, and help one another, and to take care of the earth and the things he has given to us.
Alrighty then, let's start doing that. Work for peace, no more war, no more blood for oil, no more food production for surplus, no more destruction of other species...shall I go on? I would love, love, love to see the day when the people that profess to believe in what "Jesus taught" actually live that way. Won't hold my breath.

Quote:
I am afraid of some of the things that may be to come
Why? That seems like a total squandering of the precious time "God" did give you here on earth, doesn't it? Work for good and be a peaceful person. Be kind, love one another...how freaking hard is that?

Seriously, the folks that are making tons and tons of cash off these books, shows, and websites that deal with the rapture are doing their damnedest (don't pardon the pun) to make sure all these events "fall into place". These guys are rolling in dollars, driving huge earth killing SUV's, and screwing as many hookers as they can before Jesus comes to take them to heaven...PUULLEEAASEEEE!!

I would rather be anywhere else (you know what I mean) than have to spend an eternity with those hate and war mongers. Thank you very much!:
Old 11-12-2007, 07:57 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Work for peace, no more war
I didn't realize I was promoting war. I don't want war. I'm not in Washington holding signs that say "please go to war." I havn't killed any animals other than the fly that was on my vegan dinner last week. I am a Christian, and I want peace in the world. I don't want any bad things to happen. I don't drive a car that pollutes the environment.

There are some very powerful people in our government who are doing evil things. They say they are Christians, but they are not. If you research the "Illuminati" you will find that they are actually devil worshipers. So, once again, you have the devil using people to do evil. The devil is deceitful and lies and says he is good, when he is not. There are some true Christians out there trying to warn everyone of these evil people, trying to get the TRUTH out there so that everyone can follow God's plan, and not the devil's plan.

I agree that there are some people out there who are predicting the future, who seem to be promoting events that lead to the end times, and there are people in power who are not earth friendly, and who have their fun with hookers. But these are not the people that Jesus is coming for. These people are the devil worshipers who will be spending an eternity in hell.

There are other people who love Jesus, who want to help others, be loving, and are talking (yes, JUST TALKING) about events that are to come. It doesn't mean they are promoting these events. It doesn't mean they are getting rich from talking about these events (writing books doesn't make you a millionaire, in case you didn't know). Even people who are making money from their books are not all bad people. They are trying to get a message out there, and they just happen to be able to bring home a small paycheck to support their family if they sell a few books. And, yes, some of them even donate money to needy people. These are the people that are doing God's work, and these are NOT bad people. You can't assume that everyone who makes money from book sales or interviews is evil. If they didn't make any money, they wouldn't be able to spread their message. It's just like a minister in a church. The church members give their offering (to God) and the minister gets paid a salary from the offering. It's not because the minister is greedy. He needs to buy groceries, just like the rest of us. It's the job he's chosen to do. It is a JOB. It does result in a paycheck. That doesn't make him a bad person.

I have a home business. I sell products to people. They pay me money, and I use that money to pay bills, and tithe to the church. The business that I have just happens to be a business that provides memorial products to comfort those who have lost a loved one. I enjoy bringing comfort to people who have lost someone they love. It is something that I have chosen to do. If I gave everything away at cost, and chose not to make any money doing it, then I wouldn't be ABLE to do it. I would have to go out and get a REAL job, to help pay the bills. Then there would not be a website like my website to offer these special products to people who need items of comfort. I wish I could give these things away for free, but I'm just a regular person who has bills like everyone else. I need money coming in, so I can help put food on the table. Just because I make a profit, that doesn't make me an evil monster, does it? My intentions are good. I'm showing love and compassion to others through what I do. I donate items when I can.

You need to be able to separate the people who say they are good (but who are really evil) and the people who are truly good. Nobody out there is perfect. Even good Christians make lots of mistakes, but don't beat up the people who have a good heart and are truly trying to do the right thing.

User Tag List