December 08 - What's For Dinner? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last
Nutrition and Good Eating > December 08 - What's For Dinner?
Alyantavid's Avatar Alyantavid 02:13 PM 12-09-2008
Tonight is potato pancakes, bacon and toast.

MamaGwynn's Avatar MamaGwynn 02:18 PM 12-09-2008
Last night we had Salmon and steaks, both cooked on the stovetop, broccoli, bread, and winter squash soup.

I'm planning the rest of the week tonight so I'll post later!
ChristyH's Avatar ChristyH 03:57 PM 12-09-2008
Tonight I'm making white chicken chili
flminivanmama's Avatar flminivanmama 07:50 PM 12-09-2008
burgers, purple cabbage salad, and potato chips
KatWrangler's Avatar KatWrangler 11:51 AM 12-10-2008
Last night was sticky chicken in the crockpot. Homemade Mac and cheese, mix vegies.:

Not sure of tonight since we are all sick. ::
Alyantavid's Avatar Alyantavid 01:25 PM 12-10-2008
I was supposed to be going to my work Christmas party tonight and the boys were going to have pizza with Grandma, but my oldest is sick so we might all be having pizza.
becoming's Avatar becoming 06:06 PM 12-10-2008
Tonight we're having roast chicken. I have about 4-5 smallish red potatoes to use up, but I have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions? We're also going to have either field peas or lima beans and maybe homemade bread if I can get my butt in there and make it.
ChristyH's Avatar ChristyH 06:27 PM 12-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
Tonight we're having roast chicken. I have about 4-5 smallish red potatoes to use up, but I have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions? We're also going to have either field peas or lima beans and maybe homemade bread if I can get my butt in there and make it.
It usually makes more but these are so good

Crash Hot Potatoes

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-hot-potatoes/

Oh and it's church tonight so we'll be eating there. Not sure what they are having
wife&mommy's Avatar wife&mommy 06:38 PM 12-10-2008
Cobb Sandwiches, Grapes & roasted potatoes.
MamaGwynn's Avatar MamaGwynn 11:18 PM 12-10-2008
Tomorrow- Red Beans and Rice
Bread
Green Beans
Sundaes for dessert
Friday- Whole Grain Pancakes with blueberry maple syrup
Saturday- Tuna Casserole made with whole grain pasta & mixed veggies
Sunday- Cabbage soup
ChristyH's Avatar ChristyH 11:27 AM 12-11-2008
Not sure what we're having tonight but I've had REALLY bad morning already so I'm thinking something comforting like Chicken Pot Pie or beef stew
wife&mommy's Avatar wife&mommy 01:16 PM 12-11-2008
The plan tonight is spinach, mushoom, & bacon quiche.
Alyantavid's Avatar Alyantavid 01:20 PM 12-11-2008
I'm not sure yet, we normally have dinner at my mom's on Thursday but I've got a sick kid so we'll be staying home.
KaraBoo's Avatar KaraBoo 03:07 PM 12-11-2008
My husband is out of town so I don't really need to cook. DD and I snack all day. It's how we prefer to eat. I'm sorry to say we had pizza one night and take out last night (at least I had a salad!). tonight I'm cooking, though: pork chops, orzo and a salad for me to go with.
azmomtoone's Avatar azmomtoone 05:07 PM 12-11-2008
Tuesday - fish soup
Last night turkey alfredo (frozen leftover turkey from thanksgiving)
Tonight, sour cream chicken (new recipe.....we got two things of sour cream free and didn't know what to do with them)
haven't planned beyond that....more than likely leftovers tomorrow
tolovemercy's Avatar tolovemercy 05:19 PM 12-11-2008
meatballs with sauce and pasta. i'd say "and a vegetable", but ya know...it's probably not gonna happen.
flminivanmama's Avatar flminivanmama 06:12 PM 12-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
Last night was sticky chicken in the crockpot. Homemade Mac and cheese, mix vegies.:

Not sure of tonight since we are all sick. ::
I know I am a day late - but I'd make chicken soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
a day late w/ you too... but roasted or boiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
Not sure what we're having tonight but I've had REALLY bad morning already so I'm thinking something comforting like Chicken Pot Pie or beef stew
aww - I hope the rest of the day is better

last night I made lasagna rolls. the filling was made with ricotta cheese and acorn squash & I made a white sauce for the top.

tonight I am making stuffed green peppers (stuffed with rice, salsa, and refried beans and topped with cheese) and cheese quesadillas w/ guacamole & sour cream.

I've been posting pictures of things I make for dinner on facebook - just last night & tonight but I am thinking of doing it regularly....
flminivanmama's Avatar flminivanmama 06:25 PM 12-11-2008
ChristyH's Avatar ChristyH 06:36 PM 12-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
aww - I hope the rest of the day is better

I've been posting pictures of things I make for dinner on facebook - just last night & tonight but I am thinking of doing it regularly....
Thanks! It's been a little better, DH's trunk bit the dust this morning and I keep wondering why this stuff always has to happen around the holidays. But we're healthy and fed and that's really all that matters, right

Great idea about the pictures!! I might have to start doing that too
MamaGwynn's Avatar MamaGwynn 11:33 PM 12-11-2008
You've inspired me to take pictures of my dinners! :
Alyantavid's Avatar Alyantavid 11:43 PM 12-11-2008
We ended up with takeout.
flminivanmama's Avatar flminivanmama 11:01 AM 12-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGwynn View Post
You've inspired me to take pictures of my dinners! :
my SIL just started a "what's for dinner" facebook group... If you are on facebook & want to join - I think this should take you to it
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=50379393967
we're just sharing pictures of our dinners LOL

::
Alyantavid's Avatar Alyantavid 03:37 PM 12-12-2008
Tonight is a new recipe for pasta, hamburger and a red sauce. With mixed veggies.
MamaGwynn's Avatar MamaGwynn 04:04 PM 12-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
my SIL just started a "what's for dinner" facebook group... If you are on facebook & want to join - I think this should take you to it
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=50379393967
we're just sharing pictures of our dinners LOL

::
I joined! Thanks!
flminivanmama's Avatar flminivanmama 05:52 PM 12-12-2008
Tonight is roast chicken... not sure of the sides.
ChristyH's Avatar ChristyH 06:58 PM 12-12-2008
Tonight is our Christmas Party for our Sunday school class at church, lots of goodies to eat as everyone is bringing a covered dish! I can't wait.

I'm making Bacon and Onion tarts, homemade onion dip (see a theme happening lol ) and boursin cheese potato gratin.
Alyantavid's Avatar Alyantavid 02:49 PM 12-14-2008
Last night we ate a party for our town's light parade. Tonight is split pea soup, bread, ham and crackers.
ChristyH's Avatar ChristyH 05:34 PM 12-14-2008
Not sure yet but I'm thinking about Wienerschnitzel and trying my hand at spatzel

Anyone have a really good recipe?
ChristyH's Avatar ChristyH 11:28 AM 12-15-2008
Last night we did end up having schnitzel and spatzel, it was sooooo good! I added some green beans and made a little gravy and my hubby was a happy camper.

Tonight I'm making beans w/ a ham hock and cornbread. DH has been begging me to make them for a while
Alyantavid's Avatar Alyantavid 01:47 PM 12-15-2008
I don't know tonight. Either takeout or dh's cooking, its my birthday and I'm not cooking!
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up