Ideas/Recipes for Make-Ahead Meals - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have good ideas and/or recipes for meals that can be made ahead of time? I love to cook but lately finding it a bit tough with a 4 weeks old and almost 4-year old. I did manage today so far to get french farmhouse chicken (garlic and wine sauce) prepped to cook in a bit and serve with jasmine rice and salad but the final part of cooking will likely be with DS in a sling. Would love to get more ideas for meals that can be made earlier in day or better yet, days in advance (and kept in fridge or freezer). My ideas so far are:

- veggie lasagna
- pot roast and veggies in crock pot
- chili
- meatballs

All ideas and recipes are appreciated and happy to post my recipes if anyone wants as well!

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
#2 of 3 Old 07-06-2009, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
a favorite in our house is phyllo packets. thaw the phyllo sheets (I use half a sheet per packet) early in the day, during nap time I get everything chopped and back in the fridge. Then when we're ready, assemble. its super quick to assemble once everything is chopped. We like chicken, broccoli, green onions, and brie cheese inside. You could put just about anything in there though. Then I just wrap it up, no special way, just experimented till I found how I liked it, bake at 350 for about 30 min.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#3 of 3 Old 07-06-2009, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving to Nutrition and Good Eating

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page