How long are freezer meals good? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due in 11 weeks and my MIL wants to have a day of cooking soon and make freezer meals. I am all for it but I am wondering how long most freezer meals stay good? Is 3 months too long to keep them in a freezer? Is there anything that doesnt stay that long?
We are doing mostly pasta dishes( spaghetti, baked spaghetti, lasagna maybe), Mexican chicken or a creamy chicken dish (made with chicken, tortilla shells and cream of chicken soup mostly), Spanish Rice (hamburger,rice and beans), Sloppy joes. . . . etc.
I also want to make some muffins and cookies, whats the longest they stay in the freezer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM

General rule of thumb is 6 months. But seriously, keeping them longer does not make them go bad. It just means they deteriorate in quality. They're still perfectly edible.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 AM

i have been wondering the same thing since i am not familiar with freezing,,,just a beginner,,, anyhow i noticed my cookbook say you could keep lasagna frozen for 2 months. so, i am going to try to wait till 2 months before my due date to start freezing....although like the pp said, i'm sure stuff will last way longer

::

User Tag List