Any Raw Mamas here? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2004, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been trying raw food for a few weeks. I could use some support.

I started modifying my diet back in October on the Fat Flush Plan. It is high in protein, low in carbs, but lots of fresh vegs and fruit...plus flax...and is considered to be detox. The recommendation is for organic everything.

I had been vegetarian for years, but a year ago decided to add back chicken and fish per a doctor recommendation. I have low iron and was struggling with a number of health issues. Being a vegetarian made me a carbohydrate addict...I had no idea what to eat coming from a meat and potatoes household. I think what I am realizing that the food addictions and diet were creating my health issues almost entirely.

Long story short, I have transitioned to raw foods because I want to know how it will affect my body. So far I feel good and enjoy the food. I'm lucky enough to live near a raw foods restaurant for support and the occasional gourmet meal while I learn the ropes, but I am getting dizzy on occasion. I get especially dizzy when I do yoga or stand up fast. Detox? I do think I'm eating plenty and a good raw variety.

I feel overall very much improved. I lost twenty pounds. I kicked my coffee, sugar and carb addictions.

I need to get going on dehydrating and I need to purchase a vitamix...but one foot in front of the other.

I am nursing a toddler. I still offer my kids some cooked food, but the raw is certainly upped a great deal.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2004, 04:33 AM

We are about 75% raw. There is a raw foods thread that was really active about 1 week ago. It was active for about 3 weeks. You should check it out, Erin Pavlina started it and AmyD contributed alot as did I. Raw Rocks!!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 03:30 PM

Actually Pavlina started it... not me. Pavlina is her first name, but it's my last name. Confusing I know.

If you plan to buy a Vitamix, you can get free shipping by mentioning this code. ITEPA02
Old 02-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Banned

I did mostly raw a few years ago and had fresh carrot juice every morning and felt great!! During pg I spent the first three months vomiting(salads didn't taste) and having new twins my diet has eroded. I think I'll come here and get inspired.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:15 AM

I just found an awesome forum site for mamas!
http://pub17.ezboard.com/brawmamas

you may need an invite to get in, but it should direct you there.

how's everyone doing?

User Tag List