What is your favorite comfort food that is also kind of disgusting? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 134 Old 12-07-2009, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
That stuff is incredible. Both my boyfriend and I love it and could eat an entire box in one sitting. I used to get made fun of in HS because I'd bring it with my lunch to snack on and everyone teased me for eating dog food. It's just too bad that it's like $5 for a small box of it....if you can find it. I definitely don't consider "kinda disgusting" though. Just yummy!
I remember in college my one friend loved Crackling Oat Bran. I thought it looked like dog food too, but I ate it one day and loved it. It has been reformulated since that time and has more cinnomin or something in it and it's not as good as it was at that time (late 1980's).

I love Pringles as much as I would love to hate them I just can't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 134 Old 12-07-2009, 10:24 PM

saltines broiled with cheddar cheese and a large marshmallow on top until the marshmallow is brown. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDD!!
#123 of 134 Old 12-08-2009, 02:06 PM

-cup o' soup shrimp flavor
-marichetta pepperoni (the natural casing kind, doesn't have plastic wrapped around it, yuck!)

I used to enjoy microwaved marshmallows, and salami (but not together).

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#124 of 134 Old 12-08-2009, 02:25 PM

So, the hot buttered cheerios? I'm making them today. I'm justifying it by saying it's so cold out that we need the extra fat and carbs. I'll try one, but I'm trying to avoid/fix a yeast overgrowth that's causing thrush, so I can't over do it. Fear of the pain should keep me from binging.
#125 of 134 Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Some of these make me and others...
My comfort food growing up was fried bannock, or bannock straight out the oven slathered in butter so yummy. Another favorite was called "cracklings" basically it was bits of pork skin baked until crispy. Turkey, ham and chicken skin has never made it to the table, always picked off and eaten before it gets there
I don't have many comfort foods now, mainly just chocolate whatever is around

Oh another one I just remembered! Bone marrow sandwiches! on homemade bread with salt and pepper. And meat and potato sandwiches. They always tasted so good when my dad used to make them.

My gosh. I'm crying right now because my dad died when I was 10 and I will never ever have one like that ever again. 23 years and I just realized it.

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#126 of 134 Old 12-08-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnice View Post
I remember in college my one friend loved Crackling Oat Bran. I thought it looked like dog food too, but I ate it one day and loved it. It has been reformulated since that time and has more cinnomin or something in it and it's not as good as it was at that time (late 1980's).

I love Pringles as much as I would love to hate them I just can't.
I used to love Crackling Oat bran too! I asked my mom about that the last time she was down to visit but she couldn't remember the name. I haven't seen it anywhere since I was little.

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#127 of 134 Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM

in and out burger double double with fries and a chocolate shake... i haven't had that in over a year! we live on the east coast now... no in and out!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#128 of 134 Old 12-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
in and out burger double double with fries and a chocolate shake... i haven't had that in over a year! we live on the east coast now... no in and out!

h

ohhhhh! I would do really bad things for some In-N-Out.

Heck, I'd drive to California just to get a burger. mmmmm, thanks - 'cause now I am starving.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#129 of 134 Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM

like someone earlier i love pecan pie although really really love chocolate pecan pie. also love love chocolate chip pancakes. can't make them from scratch that often to either make a bunch homemade and freeze them or now using batter blaster (organic pancake batter in a can) and get those on the griddle at least once a week.

good stuff
#130 of 134 Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post

My gosh. I'm crying right now because my dad died when I was 10 and I will never ever have one like that ever again. 23 years and I just realized it.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#131 of 134 Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Whataburger honey butter chicken biscuit-the only thing I miss about living in TX. I also dearly miss street cart lumpias from Hawaii.

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#132 of 134 Old 12-09-2009, 10:23 PM

I just remembered these...now I must go make some...I don't know what it's called but you melt butter in a baking dish, lay saltines on top bake it for a bit then take it out of the oven and pour chocolate chips and nuts on top, chill, break it up and pig out....I'm drooling!

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#133 of 134 Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Today I noticed a lady bought tamales from a can at the grocery store, my first thought was "yuck!" then I had to remind myself I like those.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#134 of 134 Old 12-10-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post

h
Oh fricken yum! We use to live in Southern Cal. There was an In and Out Burger on the corner by the hospital where I had my daughter (in Laguna Hills). My OB's office was in the same complex. I would drag big ole pregnant self and my son who was not quit two there for a snack after my appointments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
Today I noticed a lady bought tamales from a can at the grocery store, my first thought was "yuck!" then I had to remind myself I like those.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page