Anyone have a Vitamix dry blade container? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2009, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have the Vitamix dry blade container? What do you make with it? Have you found it useful enough to justify the cost?
Would love to hear more! I know it can grind any grains and is used a lot to make bread.

How often do you use yours and what do you make with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have one and I don't use it very often. I did come in very handy when we couldn't find the coffee grinder. I have used it to grind wheat berries but the result, and the resulting bread, is a bit grainy. In order to get the wheat fine enough to use the vitamix has to be on so long that the friction causes the flour to heat up. I can see it getting burned if I'm not careful. Another thing I have found is that for some reason that I can't wrap my mind around flour, even whole wheat organic, is less expensive than wheat berries. I have no idea how that could be but that alone is enough to keep me from grinding my own wheat. To me, it's more of a novelty than anything else.

I have yet to come up with a really useful purpose for it but I'm still looking.

I got it at a state fair for $75 and I feel I paid too much for what I use it for, unlike the wet container which I use all the time. I'm thinking of getting a wet blade to replace the dry blade in the little one so I can make small batches of smoothies and sauces without dirtying the big one. The thing I got that I really like is the special vitamix spatulas, they were free at the fair and are just right for getting everything out of the tall container.

User Tag List