Forum Jump: 

#121 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
This thread is so bad, but oh so good

Might have cheez waffies where I live- they look familiar but I've never tried them, now I want to but perhaps its better if I let sleeping dogs lie.
cHhhhhhhhhEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZe Waffies. I dump my 401k for a shipping carton of those cheesy crack snacks. or the deli chips in the blue bag
#122 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 12:19 AM

Jello pudding pops!

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#123 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post
I haven't seen Count Chocula cereal in a while. That stuff has been around forever and now suddenly I can't find it. It's soooo good too, I can easily eat an entire box at one time when I have a craving for it. (Which fortunately is only about once a year! LOL)
We ate an entire box at one sitting recently. Someone gave it to our family as a "joke" present--we could not eat it fast enough!

Still available, and yummy....Captain Crunch, Crunchberries and Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cereals. They shred the top of your mouth eating them because of the rough texture, but we love them!
#124 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Peanut Butter Captain Crunch leaves that film of slick fattiness on the roof of your mouth that can soothe the torn up nature created by the rough texture.
#125 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 02:57 PM

For anyone in the Midwest, or close, HyVee sells their own brand of Cheez Balls. They are very close to Planter's, but are only available every once in a while.

I remember the Pop Shoppe. It was at our Farm and Home Supply store. My favorite was the Lime Rickey flavor.

I miss the old recipe Taco flavored Doritos (the new recipe is yuck), and every Christmas I crave Wink sour soda. I also miss Tangy Taffy flavors like chocolate and vanilla.
#126 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Does anyone remember PDQ? My gramma would by that instead of Nestle powder and I loved it. I used to sneak it and eat it by the spoonful instead of mixing in milk.

obstruct livery vehicles

#127 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmama View Post
mmmm Schwann's
Um, my Schwans man delivered some strawberry bars today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olien View Post

Marathon bars. It was who knows what covered in chocolate... 2 thin strips kind of braided together...
Oh my. That was my absolute fav. candy bar! My sister and I use to walk to 7 eleven to buy some w/our allowance. MMMMMMMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post

Yes!!!! Jello Pudding Pops were the absolute best. I wonder if you could make them yourself with pudding mix?? Wanna try? I think I might!
Yes, you sure can! I make a ton of popsicles in the summer, and once a month or so I make those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_mama View Post

do they still make combos? the snack thing? little cracker like things round with cheese like stuff in the middle. came in pizza flavors too.
Uh-huh! I see them in the check out at Wmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
Does anyone remember PDQ? My gramma would by that instead of Nestle powder and I loved it. I used to sneak it and eat it by the spoonful instead of mixing in milk.
I don't remember that stuff, but that reminded me that my mom use to buy grape Koolaid in the can. Yk, the sweetened stuff. I would eat it by the spoonful. Wow, that thought makes my teeth HURT now! Ick!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#128 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
pjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmama View Post
Peanut Butter Captain Crunch leaves that film of slick fattiness on the roof of your mouth that can soothe the torn up nature created by the rough texture.
HA! So true!
#129 of 151 Old 01-04-2010, 11:30 PM

I had forgotten about the Magic Middles and the Clearly Canadian!

I used to love Shasta pop (soda). Its still around in the 2 liter size. But these were small glass bottles in lots of different flavors, my favorites were a black cherry and this neon green one, can't remember the flavor. OH, I almost forgot the pineapple was good too!

Maybe someone here will remember this candy, no one I mention it to ever does. A few times when I was very young(mid 70's) my mom bought me this candy. It was in a little toy skillet. Filled with candy shaped like a sunny side up egg. The texture is hard to describe. It was hard but easily broken. I loved it!

wife to my modifiedartist.gif and homeschool.gif mom to my 3 monkees dd 15 photosmile2.gif, ds13 geek.gif ,ds 9 nut.gif

#130 of 151 Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen Count Chocula cereal in a while. That stuff has been around forever and now suddenly I can't find it. It's soooo good too, I can easily eat an entire box at one time when I have a craving for it.
Oh, lord! I luuuuuurv Count Chocula. When I was pg with DD2 I had an unavoidable craving for it. I tried to rationalize it by having only one bowl a day (which was SO hard!), but DH ratted me out to the midwife.
She looked at me and said, "Really?" "Really?"
Yeah, that was shameful end of my CC fix.

Speaking of Captain Crunch and Peanut Butter Crunch... we used to eat chocolate ice cream topped with Peanut Butter Crunch and bananas... Gah! Yum!

Quote:
Does anyone remember PDQ?
I vaguely remember PDQ... I can picture the box in my head, but I can't remember the taste.

Aimee CageFreeFamily
Mama to Quinn 7, Nichola 3, & Simone 5wk
#131 of 151 Old 01-05-2010, 11:50 PM

"Magic Middles" cookies
"Pizzeria" chips

They don't make Clearly Canadian anymore????

And, my all-time favorite that I am in permanent mourning over... JOSTA!!! It was a soft drink made by Pepsi (the only thing I will drink from Pepsi, too... gotta stay loyal to Coca-Cola, being from Atlanta! I literally drove to every store and contacted Pepsi, called the local bottling place, etc. when they were phasing it out in a desperate effort to find more. Josta, oh Josta, how I miss you!!
#132 of 151 Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 PM

the original "vernors" soda-pop. used to be a regionally made product, but then it was bought by some big company and now it sucks.

we used to get a vernor's float.. made with vanilla custard ice cream.... YUM!

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#133 of 151 Old 01-08-2010, 01:48 AM

Undercover Bears Oatmeal
Oatmeal with packet of "fruit" gel for drawing on the oatmeal
Clearly Canadian (cherry)
Pizzeria chips (was so disappointed when those disappeared)
Sweet and sour suckers (delicious)
Hidden Valley Pizza Ranch Dressing
Crystal Pepsi

There are probably a few other things that I'm not remembering right now.

I remember New York Seltzer. My grandmother drank it all the time and would share it with me

Anyone remember Hidden Treasures cereal? Super Mario soda comes back to mind even though I only had it maybe two times.

Has anyone else noticed that the processed foods of the 80's (and earlier, I'm sure) seemed to be made with higher quality ingredients than the grossness that is the processed foods of today?

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
#134 of 151 Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NettleTea View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the processed foods of the 80's (and earlier, I'm sure) seemed to be made with higher quality ingredients than the grossness that is the processed foods of today?

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#135 of 151 Old 02-02-2010, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

I would do just about anything for some more of those flour tortilla Keebler chips. Cheese or cinnamon sugar. So freakin' good.
#136 of 151 Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha27 View Post
I just remembered what used to be my absolute fav drink- "Clearly Canadian". It came in wierd shaped bottles and was like a sparkling soda in flavors like black cherry and raspberry? I loved that stuff! Anyone else remember this stuff?
I drank that all the time. My friend and I actually got pulled over by the police because they thought it was alchohol.LOL
#137 of 151 Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha27 View Post
I just remembered what used to be my absolute fav drink- "Clearly Canadian". It came in wierd shaped bottles and was like a sparkling soda in flavors like black cherry and raspberry? I loved that stuff! Anyone else remember this stuff?
Oh my gosh, yes. I haven't thought about that in years.
#138 of 151 Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM

I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this product... New York Seltzer. They were similar to the Clearly Canadian drinks that others have mentioned. I especially liked the Cream Soda and the Raspberry ones.

I've heard that some people have found some in the last few years, but they are entirely different. Now they are bitter or something. Not really the same thing at all.
#139 of 151 Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM

My brother and I bring up Choc-o-bliss by Hostess all them time... Those were the best... and New York Seltzer, YUM.
#140 of 151 Old 03-17-2010, 02:13 PM

I remember Clearly Canadian! I was addicted to it for awhile when I was in my early teens or preteens. Hadn't thought about that stuff in years. I also haven't seen banana popsicles in at least twenty years and I LOVED those when I was a kid. Every time I lost a tooth, I got a banana popsicle. I used to pull and wiggle my teeth to try and hurry up the process because I liked those banana popsicles so much!
#141 of 151 Old 03-17-2010, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynsage View Post
Planter's Cheez Balls...I bet they stopped making them because they were making people grow extra heads or something but I don't care, I would buy them in a SECOND if I saw them again...

imagining my shopping cart full of dark leafy greens, organic eggs, lentils, avocadoes, whole wheat pasta and an entire CASE of Planter's Cheez Balls
DUDE. Me, too. I have like a hundred pics of me as a toddler munching on those things and can still remember them. I miss their chemical goodness so much.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#142 of 151 Old 03-17-2010, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
i can still get cheez balls here...i get them at sams club or the local tractor supply store(ours is called rural king) . i think bass pro shop has them too.
I'm in Southern IL and have been to like a million Rural Kings and never seen them at any. Now I am just dying to cross the border to find cheese balls at a Rural King. Can you tell I'm pg?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#143 of 151 Old 03-17-2010, 05:48 PM

Haven't read the rest of this thread, but there was a candy bar in probably the early 90s called "PB Max"

OMG it was so good. Peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite combo, and this was a shortbread type cookie with PILES of CREAMY peanut butter on top, and then these little crunchy balls of cookie, and all dipped in chocolate.

It was FANFREAKINTASTIC.

OMG, there is a wikipedia page about it.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#144 of 151 Old 03-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
Haven't read the rest of this thread, but there was a candy bar in probably the early 90s called "PB Max"

OMG it was so good. Peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite combo, and this was a shortbread type cookie with PILES of CREAMY peanut butter on top, and then these little crunchy balls of cookie, and all dipped in chocolate.

It was FANFREAKINTASTIC.

OMG, there is a wikipedia page about it.
It talks about the Mars family's hatred of peanut butter. Huh? Who hates peanut butter? I mean, I can see avoiding it if you have peanut allergies, but hate it? That seems uncalled for.
#145 of 151 Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM

It's really hard to find but I loved Dunkaroos as a kid...I found a dollar general that sold them while I was pregnant and bought two boxes.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#146 of 151 Old 03-17-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
It's really hard to find but I loved Dunkaroos as a kid...I found a dollar general that sold them while I was pregnant and bought two boxes.
OMG! Really?!

I LOVED dunkaroos!

And Koala Yummies...but I think maybe you can still find those if you know where to look?

ETA: I just realized I've said "OMG!" three times in two posts on this thread. I obviously get too excited about out-dated candy.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#147 of 151 Old 03-19-2010, 12:52 AM

I clearly remember the specialty beverages that kids drank when I was in Elementary:

Clearly Canadian at St Louis Bread Co
Fruitopia at school from the vending machine
Sobe when your aunt let you and your cousins get it at the gas station
and... Orbitz. Disgusting beverage with floating bits of goo. Does anyone remember this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbitz_%28soft_drink%29
#148 of 151 Old 03-19-2010, 01:36 PM

King Vitamin cereal. Mmmmmm.
#149 of 151 Old 03-25-2010, 04:02 PM

I saw that other people posted a lot fo my similar things.

O'boises potato chips were so good. i think about them all the time. They were so crunchy and delicious and VERY salty.

Jello pudding pops were one of my favorite things about vacation.

New York Seltzer water. I LOVED this stuff!!

Crystal Pepsi

And of course, Clearly Canadian. My sister and I came across this several months ago, so you can have itg mailed to your house. I always loved the black cherry.
http://www.beveragesdirect.com/products/clearly/
#150 of 151 Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 AM

coconut cakes, but I think they still sell those at the hostess store. They are round chocolate cakes with a white filling inside covered in marshmallow and colored coconut. Just loved those as a kid but I think I've had them within the last 5-10 years

Also remember "push-ups" and I have no idea if they still make them or not (frozen popsickle thing) it was orange and you peeled the top paper off then pushed up the little plastic stick in the center. Havent seen them but then again, haven't looked.

I had no idea they didnt make jello pudding pops anymore, oh I'm so behind the times... but I am quite sure we bought a huge canister of cheez balls a few years ago because I bought it just for the container lol so they must make them somewhere.. they do make cheese curls which are almost the same just different shape right?

I loved Wacky Wafers (sweetheart like candy, came like 10 to a pack all dif flavors in wrapped a clear freezepop type of plastic tube thing)

Remember the Kaboom cereal too that someone mentioned. Have no idea why that has stood out for me all these years but I loved it.

Thank Goodness they still make Capt'n Crunch. I still indulge every now and then.

I also loved the grape Hubba Bubba bubblegum... do they still make it? And then the Big Red (sticks of cinnamon gum) ... havent seen them but it could be where I shop nowadays

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page