Easy Bake Oven- recipes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2009, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm kinda in a bind.

I've had a family member inform me that my daughter, who has celiac and a dairy allergy, will be receiving an easy bake oven for Christmas. No negotiations on this one and I know my daughter is going to be thrilled and want to use it immediately since she's into baking. In reading the info online, it looks like I can make my own mixes as long as they are free of egg and fat.

Anyone have a cake mix that is gluten, dairy, egg and fat free that can bake at a low temp? Anyone have any home-made easy bake oven mix experience and can help me?

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 08:39 PM

We've used this one and it's pretty good. Sorry I don't have any better ideas, we always make our own little easy bake oven cakes using recipes I've found online. I'm GF but my daughter isn't, so that recipe above is the only one we've tried that I could eat. I would imagine you could sub gf flours in some of the scratch recipes out there, I've just never tried it. Good luck!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:19 AM

We just went gluten-free for our youngest DD. She got an Easy Bake oven on her birthday four days ago. lol I found this the next day.

Leigh

User Tag List