Any try high vitamin butter oil and fermented cod liver oil? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2009, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone try and see results? I'm thinking of giving some to my toddler for health benefits. What do you ladies think? It's quite expensive though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2009, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Absolutely worth it in every respect. However, I will say that the taste factor is a bit of an issue for some. I recommend the Cinnamon Tingle flavor CLO and we like the Raspberry butter oil.

GP's stuff is fantastic quality.

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Hi blueridgewoman

That's great to know... since I already ordered some (high vitamin butter oil and fermented cod liver oil) it cost 104 dollars total but I do live in Hawaii so shipping is always more expensive.

How much do you give to your babies? Do you give it everyday? I plan on mixing some in my daughter's smoothie if the taste is not that good.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:01 AM

I'm going to try CLO myself, and I'm thinking perhaps a medicine syringe? Has anyone tried this? I can let you know if it works tatsu.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
Old 12-18-2009, 10:32 PM

I give my son the fermented cod liver oil gel, fruit attack flavor. I think it tastes hideous on it's own so I mix it with his applesauce and he doesn't even realize it's in there!

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
Old 12-19-2009, 05:14 AM

It helps with my dd's eczema immensely.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:19 PM

I just squirt the cinnamon CLO in the back of my throat and chase it with cold water. My butter oil is separate (although you can buy them together) so I just take it off a spoon and chase it with cold water.

I do have the combo CLO/BO cinnamon tingle for DS and he actually likes it and asks for it.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Old 12-19-2009, 06:13 PM

from about 18 months to 2.5, my daughter was fine w/the the CLO and the Butter Oil, though we took them seperately. after that, she started to reject them based on taste and we're still experimenting w/how to get it into her. (the chocolate cream one is nasty!) but it's good stuff!

User Tag List