Need online source for Grass-Fed Bison, Raw organic almonds, and raw organic cheese - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-30-2009, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'd love to purchase some Grass Fed (preferably organic) Bison, Raw organic almonds and Raw organic cheese products. I've searched online and there are many websites to choose from. I'd love some of your suggestions and opinions before I take the plunge! Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 12-31-2009, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For raw organic almonds, I can recommend Anderson Almonds. I've been ordering from them for years. The cost is $8/pound and that includes free shipping. http://www.andersonalmonds.com/

You have to call the number on their website to order. This is a wonderful family owned business that has been in the family for generations.
#3 of 6 Old 12-31-2009, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would check with Azure Standard and see if they have a drop site near you.

www.azurestandard.com

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 6 Old 12-31-2009, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks! Azure Standards does come to my small town. I only know of one person who orders from them but she moved to Arizona. I'll check out their webpage or order a catalog.

Thanks for the raw almonds source. My local health food store just started selling them (I found out today), but the almonds are so tiny. I wonder if that's typical.

I decided to try Tropical Traditions for the grass-fed bison. I wish their chickens weren't so expensive because I love chicken. Any other sources for grass fed free range chickens?

Thanks ladies!
#5 of 6 Old 12-31-2009, 08:00 PM

i order from www.grasslandbeef.com which has chickens, bison and raw, organic, grass-fed cheeses, along with a whole lot of other stuff (though not nuts, i don't think). i really like them.
#6 of 6 Old 01-01-2010, 07:05 PM

You can check http://www.eatwild.com/ or http://www.localharvest.org/ for local farmers. Eat Wild lists only grass-fed/pastured farmers, local harvest may have farmers who aren't completely grass-fed.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page