Do you let your baby eat their birthday cake? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 04-05-2004, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was thinking about angel food cake & whipped cream & fruit instead of frosting. That's what my diabetic cousins used to get, so it must be less sugary right? hadn't thought about the eggs issue, he didn't like hard boiled egg yolk so he really hasn't had any yet. hmmmm...
#32 of 33 Old 04-05-2004, 04:07 PM

BrettsMama~

I would love your applesauce cake recipe.

A friend's son seemed to go into sugar shock on his first birthday, he had a 9 inch cake from the grocery store. You could tell he was not used to all that sugar. He seemed kind of drunk and then fell asleep. I don't want that to happen. I am sure I will get heck from my family, but I don't care.

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#33 of 33 Old 05-16-2004, 01:32 AM

My mom made ds's first cake from Cathe Olson's (Simply Natural) cook book. Dh and I did not see any reason he would need a traditional cake full of sugar, dyes and such. We put it in front of him and he had a blast.

We got alot of flak from family, saying we denied him the experience. I challenge anyone to look at pictures from the party and say he was denied! MIL even wrote in his birthday book that she would let him practice on real cake this year while "mommy's not around"!!!! Little does she know comments like that mean she doesn't get to baby sit!

The reality is if your child has not yet experience "real cake" he/she has no idea and just enjoys the fun of swimming in what ever you give him/her. They won't remember what you denied them and you will know your babe is still happy and healthy!

Feb2003, I think the cheese idea is great, I mean really - It's his favorite, so why not? Maybe it will become a new tradition for your family :

-Sara, working Mom to Fletcher (2003) and Magnolia (2008):, wife to Jim the best SAHD in the world (1999) NVC has changed my life

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page