What has your child eaten today? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 03-30-2010, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sort of a spin on the "what have you eaten today" threads.... I'm trying to sort of keep reasonable track of what my kiddo (she's 2.5) has eaten and I figured others might want to do the same. So....what has your child eaten today?

For today, so far:

Snack: a few pieces of ham, strawberries
Breakfast: eggs, sauerkraut, strawberries
Snack: LaraBar, half an apple
Lunch: Panera grilled cheese, whole cucumber
Dinner: Two chicken legs, some roasted sweet potatoes
Dessert: Organic lollipop. She begged.

All that stuff is organic, nitrate free, etc, where applicable.

She also nurses three times a day- first thing in the morning, naptime, and going to sleep at night.

ETA: I posted this in the main forum rather than the subforums, but since many of us have very different eating styles...everyone play nice.

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 36 Old 03-30-2010, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is currently 2pm and my 2 year old dd has eaten breastmilk and a few handfuls of frozen corn kernels. (I was putting groceries away and she grabbed the bag. I offered to warm some up, no dice.)

She has has one or two bites of some of the other stuff I've offered.
I have offered
Breakfast- Old fashioned oatmeal w/ brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins
snack- grapes or banana
lunch- diced grilled chicken breast, applesauce (homemade), sweet potato oven fries and steamed broccoli

all of those are food she normally likes and eats Oh well. I'm so glad we're still nursing or this would really stress me out.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#3 of 36 Old 03-30-2010, 10:00 PM

DS is about to turn 3.

Breakfast: Rye porridge with maple syrup, pastured butter, and raisins; half a grapefruit; a soft-boiled pastured egg, dandelion tea with raw honey (all organic, mostly local)

Lunch: Curried chicken salad with pastured (Polyface Farm!) chicken, Safflower Mayo, almonds, raisins, and curry powder; apple; corn chips (all organic except mayo)

Snack: Raw whole grass-fed goat yogurt (local) with maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg; pear; candied ginger; blackberries (all organic)

Dinner: Trader Joe's pizza with (no nitrate) pepperoni and sausage and sweet red peppers; lima beans and green beans with pastured butter; few baby carrots (only carrots and limas were organic)

BTW: He ate moderate adult-sized portions of everything! This kid eats!
#4 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 12:19 AM

William is 15 months and he's a picky eater. Today he had :

a handful of Cheerios
half a pear
a slice of sandwhich meat
he licked a pickle. lol.
a quarter of a slice of PB and J
2 arrowroot cookies
Half a rice cake

a bottle of half rice milk, half goat's milk. Trying to switch completely to goat's milk.

And he nursed about 4 times.

I think that's everything

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#5 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 AM

Very cool! Sometimes I am at a total loss about what to feed DD (16 months).

Today she had:

strawberries
oatmeal with a bit of maple syrup
a handful of the "organic" version of life cereal
peas and carrots and the "organic" version of chicken nuggets
a kashi granola bar
an organic lollipop
some of my avacado/turkey sandwhich
grape tomatoes

She nurses in the morning and evening.

I personally feel that she needs more food but can't figure out what to give her and how to get it in to her. She was very open to all kinds of foods as an infant and that has slowly changed. We are also still trying to figure out possible food intolerances/other issues. For example her fave food is seafood but she breaks out in a rash after eating it.

ETA tonight:
an orange
1/2hr later...annies cookie bunnies
more grape tomatoes
nursing now

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#6 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
dd is 3

She skipped breakfast but at school she ate an early snack and then a later morning snack plus lunch. These are the foods she ate at those three times.
nitrate free beef hot dog, an orange, a banana, organic cheddar cheese stick, some green peas.

Afternoon snack -- smoothie (coconut water, pomegranate juice, strawberries, raspberries, black berries, peaches, pineapple, several handfuls of spinach and plain whole milk yogurt) and some wheat thins (they were left in the car by dh and though we don't normally buy them I'd rather just let her have some than create a forbidden fruit)

Dinner -- flank steak, tried some asparagus by her own initiative, but didn't really like it. When all the steak was gone she had some leftover smoothie from the afternoon.

Jennifer, mama to darling dancing Juliette, and sweet baby Jameson
#7 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 AM

^^^ Clad Sounds just like us. William is allergic to milk and sensitive to several fruits. I'm constantly at a loss as to what to feed him. And some days he'll take what the previous day he would have thrown on the floor

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#8 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 AM

dd1 (6, with sensory issues and is just starting to get over her pickiness) warm milk with honey and a plain gluten free waffle for breakfast, whole wheat toast with peanutbutter for snack, whole wheat pb sandwich for lunch, with raisins and carrot sticks on the side. everything spaced very far apart, because heaven forbid anything touch eachother! @@. pork shoulder (slow cooked in the crock pot with a bunch of random seasonings, courtesy of dh) and cabbage on the side for dinner. hot cocoa for desert.

dd2 (1 on thursday!) breastmilk until lunch, lentils/rice/carrots for lunch with a sippy of water, more breastmilk till dinner when she had half an avocado, plain whole fat organic yogurt, and some banana.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#9 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 AM

DD is 18 mths. Yesterday she ate:

Nursed
Breakfast: 1 Egg (local/organic) scrambled in coconut oil, 1/2 piece wholewheat homemade toast with butter and vegemite, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup (about) of whole milk
Morning snacks: more banana, a kiwi, some organic crackers, cheese, raisins
Lunch: 1/2 piece of ww toast with Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs spread on it, milk
Afternoon snacks (she was at a cocktail party with DH for his work): Pineapple, melon, mini quiches, Strawberries
Dinner: Maybe 1 bite of roast beef (pastured, local, hormone/antibiotic free), 1 inch cube of roasted potato (roasted in home rendered lard!), a few pieces of glazed local carrots, some sauteed leek, a fair bit of organic ketchup (we were eating leftovers and there was no more pan juice gravy left, and she loves ketchup!), about 1/2 c yoghurt with maple syrup, milk.
Nursing before bed.

DD eats most of her cals in the morning and is a fruit fiend. She's rather have fruit than, say cupcake (as I discovered the other day when we were out and I offered her a treat of a bit of cupcake)

Leila, mama to Eleanor (10/08) and Emmett (4/10)

Visit my blog! www.rookblog.com

#10 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
BTW: He ate moderate adult-sized portions of everything! This kid eats!

I'm seven months pregnant and I cannot eat that much

My DS is 32 months and this is what he ate yesterday (he has self-weaned at 28 months but I do not give him dairy milk):

- Breaskfast: A small bowl of oatmeal prepared with coconut milk, coconut oil, dried figs, almonds, cinammon and a bit of raw honey.
- Snack: A glass of freshly-squeezed red grapefruit juice.
- Lunch: Chopped cucumbers and sliced red peppers (I prepared a nice platter for him with organic grass-fed oved baked beef meatballs, chopped hard-boiled eggs and raw veggies but this is all he ate )
- Snack: a pink-lady apple with a small bowl of cashew nuts (he likes cashews a lot!)
- Snack: two small slices of sprouted grain bread with some organic cheddar cheese
- Dinner: quinoa with red peppers and leeks and sheep's milk yogurt (normally I prepare his grains with some beef broth but we are at my mom's at the moment).
-Snack: Orange
#11 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingercat View Post

I'm seven months pregnant and I cannot eat that much

He certainly does eat a lot, and at many meals beats me, even DH sometimes. But as for total daily intake--he doesn't drink any calories at all and there is little snacking in our family, just the afternoon snack of yogurt and fruit most days. But yeah, its still a lot! We rarely even look at the children's menu! The last time we went out his entree was $12.
#12 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Today was:

Breakfast: three pieces bacon, strawberries, bite or two of eggs
Snack: lollipop and yogurt covered raisin from her OT- they did an easter egg hunt
Lunch: Ham, half a homemade roll courtesy of my sister, cucumber, cheese
Dinner: GF mac and cheese, chicken, and brussels sprouts

#13 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Banned

Today was DS's 3rd bday, so I let him choose where we went for lunch. Luckily he picked one of my favorite places. DD is one.

Breakfast: smoothie (yogurt, blueberries, banana, flax seed meal, tiny bit of OJ) for both kids, WW english muffin with a slab of butter for DS (in addition)
Snack: apple, part of a granola bar (DS only), sunflower seeds
Lunch (we went out): grilled chicken, zucchini/carrot/celery/broccoli, brown rice, sweet potato fries.
Snack: PB sandwich on ww bread, almost a whole carton of blueberries
Dinner: lemon and garlic pork loin, sauteed kale, probably boiled potatoes with dill.
Dessert: Strawberries and part of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from the bakery

I'm sure there were a few M&M's in there somewhere, and DD nursed more times than I could count.
#14 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 PM

GREAT thread!! Lots of good ideas. Today my kids (4 and 2) ate:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, blueberry pancake w/ strawberries and honey, sausage, OJ
Snack: mix of (raw) pumpkin seeds, (raw) sunflower seeds, dry cereal, pretzels, peanut butter filled pretzels, chocolate chips
Lunch: Chicken noodle soup, oranges
Snack: Sliced pears, cherries, and frozen wild blueberries (Trader Joes)
Dinner: Grilled hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, beets

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#15 of 36 Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 PM

William, 15 months, had :
cheerios
half an arrowroot cookie
about a quarter of a homemade banana oatmeal muffin
a bite or 2 of pear
a bite or 2 of PB and J
Lots of sandwhich meat
About one whole egg. This is a total first for us. He's tasted it before but never actually ate it. I'm so excited!

He's had 2 ricemilk/goat's milk bottles and BF about 4 times.

#16 of 36 Old 04-01-2010, 02:58 AM

Wow, redvlagirl! I only wish my 18 mo old would eat that well!! Each day I honestly struggle to get him to eat well. Some days he just drinks milk and hardly touches anything else. It's the finickiness that makes it hard - what he loves one day is not going to be working the next. I really worry about how to get him enough veggies. Thanks everyone for the great ideas.

Today ds had:

ww bread with almond butter- 1/2 slice
milk
2-3 oz apple juice
1/2 banana
sippy of strawberry flavored kefir
crackers
5 bites of an orange, which he normally loves and can eat forever
a tortilla with homemade refried beans and cheddar cheese

Sarah, WAHM and partner to incredible DH, mama to DS (10/08) and DS (6/10). Missing baby boy lost at 13 wks 12/19/12. angel2.gif

#17 of 36 Old 04-01-2010, 09:24 AM

Great thread!

Yesterday my almost 3 yr old ate:

B- Pear, and handful of local free range chicken, and 4 gluten free maple syrup black cherry muffins (pretty small size though)

L- brown rice noodles with peas, carrots, chicken, broth, and green beans on the side lots of grass fed ghee

S- popcorn and more muffins

D- leftover noodles and veggies from lunch, black eyed peas, and celery, and bone broth

Drinks- nettles infusion, apple cider, water

Supplements- molybdenum, water kefir, flax oil, cod liver oil, magnesium
#18 of 36 Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 AM

DS1 is 3... he's had half a bagel w/ cream cheese. We're heading to playgroup in a few minutes and are having a spring/easter party so there'll be lots of food there... I'm taking bannana nut muffins
#19 of 36 Old 04-01-2010, 12:17 PM

This a great thread Blueridge, I'm getting lots of great meal ideas.

My DD is 4 and so far today she's had cereal with a few pieces of banana and some grapes for breakfast. For lunch I made a fruit salad for everyone and she had some of that, along with some yoghurt. I'm lucky because she absolutely loves fruit!

This afternoon because she's been so good, we made ginger bread men (or ginger bread people as she insists ) so they're currently on the cooling rack waiting to be iced. I'm going to try and stop myself eating them all but they smell so good!

Jess at Tate and Lyle
#20 of 36 Old 04-01-2010, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

So far today, she's had:

Snack: one and a half bananas
Breakfast: GF pancakes dipped in real syrup, eggs
Lunch: about two cups (!!) of sugar snap peas, some fish, a few strawberries, piece of cheese, two bites of LaraBar

#21 of 36 Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 PM

Dd is 8 and is a very adventurous eater. I cook just about everything from scratch. The past couple of days she has been eating very "mainstream" kinds of foods because we're on vacation, but she has great variety in her diet, in general.

Yesterday:
- BF: oatmeal and banana
- Lunch: cucumbers, yogurt, ww spaghetti with olive oil and garlic (pasta aglio e olio)
- Snack: homemade cantaloupe, blueberry, strawberry, peach fruit "salad"
- Dinner: sirloin steak (local, organic), roasted carrots, sweet potatoes and onions, and homemade bread with sundried tomato dipping sauce; fruit salad and Breyer's all-natural vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Today:
- BF: Homemade pancake with home canned strawberry sauce
- Lunch: ate at a restaurant... dd had fish and chips (house made potato chips... man, they were so yummy - gotta try at home!!!)
- Snack: raw broccoli florets and yogurt with lemonade
- Dinner: PB&J, carrots, fruit salad
#22 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 12:05 AM

DS is 2 (26 months) and dairy-free. Today he ate:

Breakfast: Coconut milk yogurt with heirloom grain cereal flakes, 1/2 chicken apple sausage, 1 kiwi (and breastmilk)
Snack: Dill pickle wrapped in a slice of uncured ham (the pregnant mom might have demanded this one ).
Lunch: Organic pasta with tomato sauce and turkey meatballs
Snack: Fuji apple and a few peanut butter pretzels. And breastmilk.
Dinner: Grilled chicken, cucumbers in vinaigrette, and sweet potato oven fries. Might have had applesauce too (I wasn't downstairs for dessert).

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

#23 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 12:20 AM

today
dd(almost 3)- 1/3 c oatmeal with maple syrup raisins and flax oil
1/2 tortilla 1/3 apple
1 c grapes 4 strawberries
5 cucumber sticks, 2 T hummus 5 kashi crackers 2 cherry tomatoes
1 1/2 pickles 1 1/2 oranges
some easter candy grandma sent, i didn't realize what it was and i wasn't able to get it put away before they got into it.
1/4 cup beans with sour cream tortilla chips cheddar cheese, raw milk avocado with blue cheese dressing

ds(1)- breastmilk
three bites oatmeal 2 bites banana
breastmilk
4 bites apple 2 bites tortilla
breastmilk
breastmilk
breastmilk(i think he is getting a new tooth)
5 grapes cut up
1/2 pickle
1/2 orange
some easter candy grandma sent, i didn't realize what it was and i wasn't able to get it put away before they got into it.
1 bite cheese 1 bite tortilla chip 1 bean couple sips raw cow milk
breastmilk

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

#24 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 AM

DS1 had:
breakfast: blueberry bagel w/ cream cheese
snack: (at playgroup) banana nut muffin, bananas, cookies
lunch: leftover home-made pizza
dinner: more leftover-pizza (twas leftover night and thats what he wanted)
#25 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 03:40 AM

DD is 19 mo and had
Breakfast: 2 slices of homemade bread. One with butter, one with cream cheese

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Leftover homemade lasagna

Snack: breastmilk

Dinner: 4 potato pancakes with a little bit of cinnamon sugar and applesauce

late night snack: breastmilk

DS is 3 years old and had:

Breakfast: Banana and one slice of bread with cream cheese and a cup of milk

No snack

Lunch: A few bites of lasagna

No snack again

4 potato pancakes with sugar and applesauce

Before bed snack was another cup of milk I believe (I was at work so I guess DH gave him some milk)

joy.gif
#26 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 PM

DD1 (5 1/2) isn't here-- she's at my mom's for a few days. So who knows? I'm probably better off NOT knowing!

DS (3)- a sandwich on my homemade whole wheat bread, toasted, with uncured ham, slices of cheddar, and an egg scrambled in cultured butter, strawberries with some whipped sweet cream, a few crackers, more slices of cheddar, orange juice, milk

DD1 (3)-- the above, plus an apple

That's breakfast and a snack; we haven't had lunch yet, but that's going to be their choice of two leftover soups. One is beef-and-lentil with celery, garlic, onions, and carrots, and the other is chicken-and-brown rice with the same veggies. We had the chicken one last night for dinner, and the lentil on Tuesday.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#27 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 03:46 PM

Great little diets in here, maybe the parents with little ones not eating so well just aren't likely to post in here, but either way I see some great diets in this forum!

Today, DS (3):

Breakfast: 2 slices Ezekial cinnamon raisin bread with raw, organic, pastured butter; lemongrass and ginger tea with raw local honey

Snack: 1/2 Pear, few raisins, almonds (all organic)

Lunch: Carrot ginger soup (made with homemade chicken bone broth); egg salad (from making Easter eggs), corn chips )all organic)

Snack: Organic popcorn (stove-top popped in organic, grass-fed ghee, topped with the same plus sea salt) and dried tart cherries

(He's eating a bit less than usual due to a cold)
#28 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 05:08 PM

Mine are 20 months and 3.5 years old.

yesterday:
early morning snack (while I drink coffee): shredded wheat (dry) and a glass of milk
breakfast: toast with cream cheese, banana
lunch: open face pimento cheese sandwiches (whole for the big; 1/2 for the little), pineapple
snack: apple (sliced and shared between the 2 of them)
supper: red rice (sort of like jambalaya with rice, tomatoes, andouille, and veggies), cucumbers in Italian dressing

Today:
early morning snack (while I drink coffee): shredded wheat (dry) and a glass of milk
Breakfast: egg cooked in toast
Lunch: refried bean tacos (1 for the little; 2 for the big); chips and salsa (eating out)
supper: obviously will include some fruits and veggies
#29 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Loving this thread!

DS is 23 months.

Yesterday he ate:

Breakfast
Half an almond/coconut/buckwheat flour banana muffin
Greek yoghurt with mixed berries (from freezer)
Two pieces of homemade outdoor reared pork sausage
Leftover beans in tomato sauce
Handful organic sultanas

Lunch
Sample of organic blue cheese at supermarket
Nearly a punnet of baby plum tomatoes

Snack
Slice raw vintage cheddar

Tea
Wild Alaskan Salmon fillet pan fried in butter & coconut oil
Corn on the cob with butter (from frozen)
(there was homemade coleslaw with homemade mayo too, but he didn't eat any)

Today

Breakfast
'Hot chocolate' made with pasteurised but non homogenised milk, cocoa powder, splash of vanilla and organic heavy cream
One egg scrambled in butter
Handful of baby tomatoes

Lunch
Blinis and oatcakes with leftover salmon mixed with creme fraiche and red onion (only a couple of mouthfuls)

Snacks
Slice of homemade, soaked, sugar free hot cross bun loaf with pastured butter
Handful of cheese and chive oatcakes
Almond/coconut/buckwheat flour banana muffin

Tea
Sirloin steak, cauliflower in cheese sauce (made with butter, heavy cream and organic cheddar) & potatoes fried in duck fat

Just water to drink and LOTS of breastmilk these last few days (back to 2/3 feeds during night after starting to sleep through), which I am putting down to last molars coming through, but could also be growth spurt since he appears to be eating a bit more than normal too.
#30 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

We weaned as of yesterday. Today, dd ate:

Snack: strawberry cereal bar (ugh, but it was organic), banana
Breakfast: poached egg, strawberries, asparagus
Lunch: ham, cucumbers, olives, piece of cheese
Dinner: roasted chicken, sweet potaotes, broccoli
Snack: Lollipop from her swimming instructor.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page