Food Issues & Meals (Cross-posted in Meal Planning) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had many food issues over the course of my life, and have reached a point where I think it's best to take some time and try not to think about food, prep, grocery shopping, etc., unless I absolutely have to. I know that I have to eat, however, and don't want to set an unhealthy example for my children.

Can you recommend pantry/fridge/freezer staples that can form quick, simple meals that require no to little prep, and that can accommodate a busy schedule? I've been thinking things like smoothies, fruit and nut butter, etc., but if I even start thinking about it, I tend to begin to obsess fairly quickly, and I know that's not healthy.

As a little background, I have managed to overcome an eating disorder (or am still overcoming it daily), but now I can feel myself beginning to think about food in unhealthy ways, and I start to worry about portions and weighing things.

If I buy too many things at the grocery store, I get worried about all the food in the fridge, and start making plans to throw it away so I don't have to eat it. I know that my thoughts and behavior are not healthy, and I want to try to remove myself from it as much as possible. Thank you so much for any suggestions.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page