Mothering Forum banner

What do you feed your one year old?

760 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  cristeen 
#1 ·
The babe just recently started wanting a ton more solids and I need more ideas. He doesn't have any molars yet, and we are gluten free. Go!

#3 ·
I feed my 11 mo pretty much whatever i'm eating. This morning he had 2/3 of a nectarine and a few blueberries. Lunch was about half a banana, and we'll have some cheese in a bit. Dinner will be whatever veg we're eating. He likes salmon and pork, but doesn't do well w beef.

#4 ·
My ds2 is just about 12.5 months now, but he's been eating bits of whateveer we're eating for the last... 5 or so months

So... he's had bits of ww pancakes, sausage, eggs over easy, hash browns, toast, peaches, hotdog, pretzels, umm... I think thats about it today. Oh. And some cows' milk & water to drink, along with breastmilk of course
Yesterday he had cheerios, pb & j sandwhich, string cheese, choc pudding, taco meat, beans, corn, tortilla, cheese, lettuce, onion, and a bit of salsa (that was on all the aforementioned taco fillings which mostly came straight off my plate
)

#5 ·
Whatever we're eating, really.

Breakfast is usually some toast or dry cereal with homemade yogurt or scrambled eggs

Morning snack is usually fruit or cheese.

Lunch is often hummus or bean based vegetable soup.

Afternoon snack would be similar to morning snack. Sometimes on the go we have crackers instead. Depending on what we're having for dinner and where I am in the cooking process mid-afternoon, the kids will snack from that (cooked beans, chopped vegetables, etc).

Dinner is a wide range of flavors. Sometimes I leave components separated for my kids (4yo doesn't like things mixed), especially if its something challenging to handle (i.e. homemade pizza- I might just serve the baby shredded mozzarella, whatever toppings we're eating, and some crusts from his sister)

#6 ·
My little guy had loads of allergies, CF, DF, EF, SF, plus GF. He only has 4 teeth.

Yesterday he ate:
brown rice and black beans, (fed to him one at a time since they were whole. He used his teeth to chew it well)
GF molasses ginger cookie
An apple
a few dates
a big bowl of steamed broccoli and more rice and beans

He nursed all day and even between eating bites of his food.

I don't know if it just my baby, but I cannot serve him the same thing over and over again. He is also on a strick against jared baby food. I have to figure what to sneak baby food in or just donate it to the local food pantry.

#7 ·
Whatever we are eating and they eat what they want. If I had waited until my kids had molars, they wouldn't get any food until they were 3. They didn't get their first tooth until 10 months to a year. We are not gluten free so they get sandwiches--tuna, pb&j, grilled cheese, quessadillas. Fruit--bananas, apples (I cut the skin off because otherwise they scraped the skin off with their front teeth and hand it to me in teeny, tiny pieces--gross; same with pears and peaches), mangos, cantaloupe, watermelon, pears, peaches, oranges, kiwi, strawberries, etc. Veggies--broccoli, carrots, peas, green beans, squash, yams, etc. Meat--chicken, pork, beef, fish. Pizza, dried beans, eggs, noodles, potatoes. They got offered salad greens but really didn't eat them. they got them because we had them on our plates.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
I don't know if it just my baby, but I cannot serve him the same thing over and over again. He is also on a strick against jared baby food. I have to figure what to sneak baby food in or just donate it to the local food pantry.
Angela had pb&j every day for almost 18 years. She would have had it all 3 meals if I had let her. She had the choice of pb&j for either breakfast or lunch. Dinner if dinner was sandwiches. None of my kids were on purees or spoon feeding much past 10 months. Applesauce and yogurt were the exceptions. It was all about self-feeding by that time. I'd even mix Cheerios in the applesauce or spread applesauce/yogurt on pancakes so that they could feed themselves.

#11 ·
I'll say that this morning for breakfast my 11 mo ate an entire scrambled egg and asked for more (I made him his own since he couldn't have what we were having). So I got him half a dozen grapes, half a dozen blueberries, a few raspberries and a few blackberries. And he ate all of it.

For lunch he ate about half a small sausage patty and a few more grapes. Dinner was a few bites of roasted potato/onion/apple, and maybe a Tbs of shredded chicken. But he was exhausted and ready for bed by the time we ate dinner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.