My kombucha mother started growing a little bit of mold- just lightly in a spot on top. it looks similar to bread mold. i had let it sit for a while so the mother was like an inch thick. I threw away the whole new mother but I have the old mother and all the liquid that was underneath-which I put in a new jar. I was planning on making more tomorrow. Do you think what i have is still good? should I wait for a new mother to reform first and see if there is any sign of mold then make more or just start more now? or just throw it way- which I'd hate to do cause I don't have a spare mother sitting around. I do have some strawberry flavored kombucha in my fridge still tho...anyways WWYD?