diet pop (soda) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-14-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I've been losing weight that I really need to lose. While pregnant with our third and fourth children I gained 100 pounds from where I was both before our first and between our second and third. I've lost 50 of it so far but a big reason I'm able to eat less is because I'm drinking 3-4 cans of diet pop every day. I know it's bad for me but I don't know how else to lose the weight. I've tried zero calorie natural drinks, like flavored sparkling water, but I eat more and start gaining weight back. I don't eat much of any sugar, refined carbs, or processed foods other than the pop.

So I guess the question is: what is less healthy, diet pop or being 50lbs overweight? Are there any alternatives?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-14-2010, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Do you drink diet sodas that contain caffeine? I wonder if you are if the caffeine consumption affects your energy and appetite.

I don't really know, it's just a thought.

I found the same thing happening with me as you and when I started to drink fresh lemon tea with raw honey I found I lost weight more easily and felt better.

#3 of 6 Old 12-14-2010, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I very seldom drink anything with caffeine. I don't care for coffee or tea and I don't keep caffeinated pop in the house because it make me jittery. I drink non-caffeine root beer or fruit flavors. 

#4 of 6 Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i find i drink a lot of diet pop when i'm trying to lose weight.  it is not because the pop helps with weight loss, it is simply because i am substituting one weight gaining habit (snacking) with a zero-cal one (diet pop)

i am still working on losing my baby weight, and also drinking way too much pop.  i am also working on consciously cutting back.  for me, it is seriously just a substitution habit. i find the pop satisfies my sweet tooth and i no longer crave snacks.  water just doesn't have that same effect.

WAHM to a toddler, preschooler, and kindergarten student. 
:

#5 of 6 Old 12-14-2010, 08:53 PM

I don't think it is as a simple as lose weight and drink diet pop or don't drink diet pop and be overweight.  The ingredients in diet pops are IMO after research and speaking with a nutritionist are very scary and have health consequences that are also linked with them, especially with excessive consumption.   People can smoke cigarettes with the main thought in mind weight loss or take diet pills for the goal of weight issues, but that doesn't mean those are ideal situations for long term happiness, longevity and health.  I would try to really find something else or some other way to help control your weight, maybe with the help of a naturopath doctor for in person support and help.  Good luck to you.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#6 of 6 Old 12-15-2010, 05:58 AM

Do you have a HFS near you that sells diet pop sweetened with Stevia?  That's at least going to be a big step up from the artificial sweeteners!  I buy a diet root beer from my HFS, and they have other varieties as well!

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page