Flour Mill for home use - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I are looking into getting our own home flour mill... I am wondering if anyone has great suggestions on machines they liked.  We are looking to stop buying any bread products from the grocery store.  Thanks for any advice you have to give!

#2 of 7 Old 02-13-2011, 08:37 PM

I love my Family Grain Mill! I also have the oat groat attachment so I flake our own oatmeal, too. I bought it online at Pleasant Hill Grain.

stephanie asl.gif

#3 of 7 Old 02-15-2011, 03:55 PM

Another vote for the Family Grain Mill.  I use mine 2-3 times a week and it's still going strong.  I got mine at Urban Homemaker.

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#4 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 12:37 PM

We bought the Wondermill / Wisper Mill used for about $150. It is normally like $260, pricey! However, we've used it for 3 years, 2 times a week and it works as good as when we bought it.

#5 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

thanks so much, this is helping to narrow it down!

#6 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM

I just a bought the L'Equip Nutrimill over Christmas and it is phenomenal and I believe the best on the market, although it is quite pricey at just around $260.  I'm a little older and have waited a long time to get one and was able to get the best one I could find.  You can adjust how fine or course you grind it which is great!  Perhaps you can find a used one on ebay or craigslist.  ;-)

Mother of 3: 1 C-section 6/06; 2 HBAC's 12/08 & 10/10 h20homebirth.gifjumpers.gifhomeschool.gifgoorganic.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gif
#7 of 7 Old 02-28-2011, 01:09 AM

I have the Nutrimill too and I love it. We use ours at least 2-3 times per week and have now had it for a few years. It needs almost no maintenance. My only issues with it are that it is loud (can't run it when anyone is sleeping) and it does create dust in the house. I run it outside on the deck, or put a towel over it. But it does give a great range of textures. I wish it could flake oatmeal, though!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page