Natural multivitamin (chewable) for toddlers/children - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-24-2011, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a good, natural chewable multivitamin for children (3 and above).  I'm not looking for anything synthetic.  I can't really find too many and I was hoping you guys could give me suggestions.  I currently give him a liquid one in his yogurt drink, but honestly, it doesn't taste all that good and sometimes he doesn't drink all of his yogurt.

Any ideas? I'm hesitant about the gummy ones because of the sugar in them, so I'm really looking for something other than gummy. 

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#2 of 7 Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 AM

We use the Rainbow Light chewables from Whole Foods. They are a whole-food based vitamin.

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#3 of 7 Old 03-24-2011, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by womenswisdom View Post

We use the Rainbow Light chewables from Whole Foods. They are a whole-food based vitamin.

Thank you. I did see that one, but just glanced at it.  Aren't they gummys though?  From what I saw, most of them under that brand are, but maybe I'm missing the nongummy ones. Which one do you use exactly?

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#4 of 7 Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We use both the Raingbow Light (Vit C) and Whole Foods private label (multi & Vit D). Yes, they are gummies. Yes, they have a bit of added sugar. Yes, I resisted but I couldn't find anything that wasn't nasty tasting. I just cut them up so they aren't a choking hazard. After a year my 3 year old still says Ooooh, gummies.

#5 of 7 Old 03-25-2011, 01:04 PM

The rainbow light nutri stars are not gummis. Dd loves them and has eaten them for going on over a year now....

#6 of 7 Old 03-25-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Has anyone tried the Rainbow Light Kids' One Multistars?  I don't see the age requirements for those, and I was wondering if they are gummies, or nongummies like the Nutristars,and if they taste good.  It seems as if most of the vitamins for Rainbow Light (reminds me of Rainbow Brightsmile.gif) require 4 years of age and up, but the Multistars doesn't require 4 and up. It just says children of all ages, and I'm wondering what the difference is.

I contacted the company but have not heard back and they only have one customer service repblush.gif

#7 of 7 Old 03-29-2011, 02:54 AM

DS takes Vitamin Code brand children's chewables.  He likes them.  He is 2.5 and takes 1 per day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page