The 17 day diet continued-ACTIVATE and now ACHIEVE (post 82) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 135 Old 05-21-2011, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Steph- you are doing great!  It is all about the small changes so consider yourself a success.  Be kind to yourself-you have so much going on right now. hug2.gifAlso making note on the matcha green tea! thanks!

Altair- have you thought about feeding your family the same way you are eating to save money or they not interested? My family eats what I eat but my son gets a side of rice, potatoes, pasta, etc on the side.  All stuff I have in my pantry and cheap too. My groceries bills have gone up but we don't eat out at all so in the end I I spending less money.

Looka- the snack thing was the hardest for me too. Carrots, celery, peppers just don't do it for me.  My husband drank a lot of miso "soup" (a dollop of miso in broth) and I like a mug of carrot/ginger soup.  Fills you up and is comforting. 

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#92 of 135 Old 05-22-2011, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

5/22 day five of achieve:

hot water with lemon

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 egg over easy

coffee with 4 TBS MimicCreme unsweetened coffee creamer (just ok)

6 oz greek yogurt

1/2 cup strawberries

1/2 cup blueberries

green tea

grilled chicken breast

carrot ginger soup

green tea

oven roasted turkey cutlets

sauteed spinach/onions/mushrooms

sliced tomato salad topped with basil and olive oil

exercise: 60 minutes on the running machine

RECAP:

OK it is crunch time! Big family wedding coming up in a few weeks and I want drop a few more pounds before then.  I did finally try on the 2 dresses I ordered and they both fit! orngbiggrin.gif One is a navy wrap dress with ruffle trim and the other is traditional LBD fit and flare. Now to find shoes....

This diet is getting easier and easier and has become second nature. I am still following the diet very closely and am keeping the carbs and fruit earlier in the day. I have been using my kitchen scale for the proteins but after years of dieting I *know* what a protein size is, I just rarely paid attention. While he warns weight loss slows in the cycle I am hoping to keep some momentum by being a stickler and maxing my exercise.

Oh and for those you interested non dairy creamers who haven't tried them MimicCreme is an ok product: http://www.mimiccreme.com/creamers.html. This stuff is 10 calories a TBS so pretty reasonable. Being a true cream lover and being very partial to real half/half OK is really high praise for me. Then again it could be desperation talking. I MISS my coffee. 

#93 of 135 Old 05-23-2011, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

5/23: day six of achieve

hot water with lemon

2 eggs w/ scrambled mushrooms, onions and spinach

2 mugs green tea

cottage cheese

fresh pineapple

green tea

kimchi salmon

mixed green salad w/ lemon vinagrette

1/2 a fresh roll

1 chicken sate

1 large scoop of chicken gra pow w/ half of the egg

1 glass white wine

exercise: 50 minutes on the arc machine 

Disclaimer: I planned to make thai chicken lettuce wraps tonight.  I took the chicken out of the freezer this am but when I got home tonight it was still partially frozen. I hate defrosting in the micro so in a moment of weakness I agreed to go for dinner at our favorite thai place. It was SO SO good. But so much for being on the straight and narrow! At least I did extra exercise today and I kept my portions in control too. Back on the wagon tomorrow!

#94 of 135 Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 PM

Had a hard weekend-- well, a very enjoyable weekend, but hard in terms of dieting.  I cheated, and I gained back 2-3 lbs!  Ugh.  Depressed me and made me cheat again today.  Trying to get back on the wagon, but I really hate this hungry all night feeling. 

Hollybearsmom-- I do make the same dinners for all of us, it's more the other things he needs (whole fat yogurt, breakfasts b/c he doesn't like eggs, grassfed full fat dairy for him, etc.)

#95 of 135 Old 05-23-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair View Post

Had a hard weekend-- well, a very enjoyable weekend, but hard in terms of dieting.  I cheated, and I gained back 2-3 lbs!  Ugh.  Depressed me and made me cheat again today.  Trying to get back on the wagon, but I really hate this hungry all night feeling. 

Yup-same here.  Dh was down for the count all weekend with the rotavirusy type thing that the kids had.  So far, I have been spared.  I wasn't prepared with groceries though & that's never a good thing.  Went to Whole Foods tonight & got our normal stuff from there-eggs, egg whites, berries, vegs, & the lunch stuff for the kids.  Tomorrow I need to run to Shoprite for some more chicken. 

Challenges I am having...salads are getting boring.  Might have to do more steamed veggies & spices instead.  And I have my Book Club this week (Thurs) which is really just a monthly dinner/wine night.  We DO read the book, but also do full dinner at a different house each month (so no control over the menu), desserts & lots of wine.  I can't count the # of times I went planning on only a glass with dinner & skipping the crazy desserts all the skinny gals bring & opting for the fresh fruit I always bring.  Any unique tips to prevent it for being a major set back!!!????!!!!! 

Also-

Talk to me about bone stocks?  Always just used broth so don't know the difference. 

HollyBearsMom-What kind of stock did you use in your Carrot Ginger Soup?

Altair-Can we get that Spinach/Ricotta/Chicken bake recipe???? 

Is there anyone reading this in the Montclair, NJ area who would be my walking buddy???? 

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!
#96 of 135 Old 05-24-2011, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Steph- I made my soup with stock I had made from leftover roast chickens. I simmered the bones with onions, carrots, a whole head of garlic, a lemon, fresh thyme, tarragon, parsley and bay leaves. It was actually a little strong for this soup but I liked it.  I think WF used a veggie broth so theirs is much more carrot-ie.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting info on the difference between stock and broth.  My personal understanding from a long ago cooking class series is the following but I tend to use the terms interchangeably much to the chagrin of my culinary friends!

• Broth is made meat and bones so chicken broth would be a whole raw chicken or two, water, herbs and veggies. The end result is strained, meat and bone discarded, It is light in color and the flavor is clean and light.

• Stock (sometimes called bone broth) is made with lots of bones so chicken stock would be leftover bones, water, herbs and veggies. Often the bones and/or veggies are roasted first. The end result after straining  is a dark colored liquid that has a rich and meaty flavor. Often the bones will release lot of gelatin and the stock will congeal as it cools

I hear you on book club- mine is the exact same. I say go, enjoy yourself and try to keep things in moderation. If you can fit in some xtra exercise that day too!

#97 of 135 Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

5/24 day seven of Achieve:

hot water with lemon

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 egg over easy

green tea

banana

6 oz greek yogurt

1/2 cup strawberries

1/2 cup blueberries

grilled chicken

mixed green salad

green tea

mug of carrot ginger soup

(out to dinner for a GNO)

3 glasses of wine

5 shrimp w/ cocktail sauce

grilled asparagus salad- dressing on the side

2 vodka cocktail ( my husband was making cocktails when I got home!) drink.gif

RECAP:

It was nice to have a banana today.  Perfect before the gym but I was starving about 15 minutes after I finished it. I barely made it home for lunch I was that hungry. I don't eat fast food but the drive in was looking awfully tempting

Oh and I found shoes for both the dress rehearsal and the wedding!  What do you think of them?

These I got in kind of a burnished silver to wear with a navy dress: http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi26622&rootCategory=cat70016&catId=cat1040069&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70016

these I bought in back to wear with my LBD: http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi26263&rootCategory=cat70016&catId=cat1040069&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70016

#98 of 135 Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

5/25 day eight of Achieve:

hot water w/ lemon

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 egg over easy

green tea

6 oz greek yogurt

1 cup strawberries

grilled turkey burger

romaine salad with lemon vinaigrette

green tea

Brad's raw leafy kale "naked"

another grilled turkey burger

garlicky spinach and onions

exercise: 60 minutes on the running machine

RECAP:

I had a mad craving for a salty/crunchy snack this afternoon as I was carpooling back and forth to school, tutoring, etc.  I stopped in at the new HFS that opened a few months ago and found these: http://www.bradsrawchips.com/collections/all/products/naked-1 Pretty high calories/carbs considering it's kale but there is lots of other stuff on them too. It was just the thing to satisfy me!

Between the wine, the thai food and the cocktails this week I am not feeling very confident with my results.  I feel bloated and sluggish.  Gotta get refreshed tomorrow and back on the straight and narrow!

#99 of 135 Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyBearsMom View Post

2 vodka cocktail ( my husband was making cocktails when I got home!) drink.gif

RECAP:

It was nice to have a banana today.  Perfect before the gym but I was starving about 15 minutes after I finished it. I barely made it home for lunch I was that hungry. I don't eat fast food but the drive in was looking awfully tempting

Oh and I found shoes for both the dress rehearsal and the wedding!  What do you think of them?

These I got in kind of a burnished silver to wear with a navy dress: http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi26622&rootCategory=cat70016&catId=cat1040069&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70016

these I bought in back to wear with my LBD: http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi26263&rootCategory=cat70016&catId=cat1040069&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70016

lol-last night DH (after a super stressful day for both of us) asked me to make "my diet" margaritas so I did & we each had one.  (I do 1.5 parts simply limeade, 1 part tequila and 1.5 parts seltzer with a tiny splash of Grand Marnier)

LOVE both shoes but the burnished silver are AWESOME.  I really dig those.  I think the navy dress was a wrap dress right?  Where did you get it from? 

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!
#100 of 135 Old 05-25-2011, 04:14 PM

I really want to try & keep up with accounting for my daily food.  It's so hard for me to get to it each day...a

Day 2 Activate (take 2)

2 eggs w/ egg whites added in

broccoli

1/4 cup low fat jack cheese  (i am trying to slowly phase out cheese in my eggs-lifelong habit)

40 oz iced double matcha green tea w/lemon

2 PGX fiber capsules

1/2 grapefruit

handful fresh raspberries

Lara bar  (big no no but no time for real lunch today)

Chicken/Shrimp fajitas-i gave in & had 2 tiny tortillas.  I should have planned better a couple hours ago because I was starving by dinner. 

I will have my treat of a sugar free/fat free pudding cup once we get the kids in bed...

I didn't get my walk in but tomorrow morning we are walking to DD1s school to help the teachers walk the kids for a library trip & I'll be pushing the double stroller up a huge hill. 

#101 of 135 Old 05-25-2011, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

I got the dress from avenue- its no longer up on their site tho, hope that means it was best seller!  It is a basic wrap dress with a ruffle trim.  The shoes are really high for me!!  I will be taller than my husband, hope I don't break my ankle, LOL.

And now *I* want a margarita!!! darn you!  orngbiggrin.gif

#102 of 135 Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 PM

Hehehehehe...gotta love a good margarita!  ;) 

I need a dress for a very casual wedding on 6/4.  I really love the quality of the clothes from http://www.kiyonna.com/plus-size-clothing/Wrap_Dresses.html but their sleeve length is a little long for June.   BUT my arms are one of the parts of my body that I hate the most...they are awful & right now, I wouldn't show them.  So sleeveless isn't an option either.  I could always do a shrug but I see these on the Avenue's website...sleeve length looks nice-not too short, but still some coverage.  And since I am really short, (5'2), they would probably give a little more coverage even.  I just hate that they don't do free returns.  Not sure about their sizing.

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/V-Neck-Faux-Wrap-Dress.aspx?PfId=238850&DeptId=22784&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Faux-Wrap-Scroll-Dress.aspx?PfId=234345&DeptId=21670&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

Even when I was a size 10, I stuck to wrap dresses...just feel like they are flattering most of the time...so I am kind of googling for just wrap dresses I guess.  I never seem to find them in person though.  I should swing by an Avenue & check...and maybe LB and Macy's.  Uggghhh...it is a very last minute wedding so I didn't have that time to get motivated like I should have...a few lbs & I would feel a little more "up" about it. 

I am excited for you!  People are going to notice a major difference!!!!  We should PM before & during pics. 

#103 of 135 Old 05-26-2011, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

I LOVE those wrap dresses on the kyona site!  Wish I had seen them earlier.  The Tory cinch style is really cute and probably the closest to to mine. I really like the vneck one from avenue too, the color is awesome!

ok, if i can get over my privacy fears, LOL, I will send you my starting pics. I usually delete all photos of me but I am sure I can find one....

#104 of 135 Old 05-26-2011, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

5/26 day nine of Achieve:

hot water with lemon

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 egg over easy 

green tea

6 oz greek yogurt

1/2 cup strawberries

1/2 cup blueberries

grilled turkey burger

romaine salad with lemon vinaigrette

green tea

sirloin steak

roasted asparagus

tomato and basil salad

exercise: 45 minutes on the arc machine, 3 mile walk with friends

#105 of 135 Old 05-27-2011, 06:37 AM

ugggghhh...I was soooo good at Book Club last night.  Had a couple vodka/seltzers with a splash of V8 fusion.  Snacked mostly on celery & cucumber & only a small amount of cheese.  Skipped the potato salad with dinner & only had the grilled chicken breast, broccoli, green salad & some pickles.  And I brought my sugar free jello pudding cup & fresh strawberries with me & actually stuck to those instead of the several different pies the girls brought.  It's been so long since I have had that kind of discipline in a social situation!!!!

BUT...it appears I have finally succumbed to the bug my family had the past 10 days or so.  I tossed & turned from midnight till 5am because of this crazy nausea & then finally got up & started getting sick around 5:30am.  I am on the couch now, aches, pains, sweats, stomach churning & exhausted.  I am starving but can't even think about eating anything right now...

Question-is it insane to try & have the sleeves of a dress hemmed a little???? 

#106 of 135 Old 05-27-2011, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Well as feared I did not lose any weight this week. greensad.gif  My cheatin' ways got the best of me!. But..... I am NOT gonna let it get me down.   I have to focus on the fact that I have lost TWENTY pounds so far! 

Recap to date:

Friday April 8: weigh in to get starting point

Weds April 13: start diet 

Friday April 15: down 6 pounds

Friday April 23: down 4 pounds

Friday April 29: down 2 pounds

Friday May 6: down 2 pounds

Friday May 13: down 2 pounds 

Friday May 20: down 4 pounds
Friday May 27: down zero pounds

#107 of 135 Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Steph I am so sorry!!  ugh no fun.  Try to stay hydrated especially if it is is as hot in NJ as it is Mass.

On the other hand YOU ROCK with your determination and will power!!!!!! woohoo!

I think there is no problem with hemming sleeves on a dress. Where your sleeves hit can make all the difference in how the shape and length of your arms look.  Try have someone come over and pin them while the dress is on you so you get a true visual tho, doing it yourself could end up with them too short. (don't ask me how know.......think prom years ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellairiesmom View Post

ugggghhh...I was soooo good at Book Club last night.  Had a couple vodka/seltzers with a splash of V8 fusion.  Snacked mostly on celery & cucumber & only a small amount of cheese.  Skipped the potato salad with dinner & only had the grilled chicken breast, broccoli, green salad & some pickles.  And I brought my sugar free jello pudding cup & fresh strawberries with me & actually stuck to those instead of the several different pies the girls brought.  It's been so long since I have had that kind of discipline in a social situation!!!!

BUT...it appears I have finally succumbed to the bug my family had the past 10 days or so.  I tossed & turned from midnight till 5am because of this crazy nausea & then finally got up & started getting sick around 5:30am.  I am on the couch now, aches, pains, sweats, stomach churning & exhausted.  I am starving but can't even think about eating anything right now...

Question-is it insane to try & have the sleeves of a dress hemmed a little???? 

#108 of 135 Old 05-27-2011, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

5/27 day TEN of achieve:

Hot water with lemon

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 egg over easy

green tea

ice coffee w/ 1/2 1/2

6 oz greek yogurt

1/2 cup strawberries

1/2 cup blueberries

grilled turkey burger (can you tell turkey breasts were on sale this week?)

"hummus"

romaine lettuce

green tea

grilled shrimp 

grilled asparagus

sauteed videlia onions

green tea

2 "vespers"

exercise: 20 minutes on a machine that is like an elliptical but instead of moving front to back, your legs move side to side. 40 minutes on the arc machine

#109 of 135 Old 05-28-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

5/28 day eleven of Achieve:

forgot my hot water with lemon!

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 egg over easy

coffee w/ 4 TBS coconut creamer

banana

green tea

6 oz greek yogurt

1/2 cup strawberries

1/2 cup blueberries

green tea

grilled chicken breast

"hummus"

sliced cucumber

green tea

couple slices steak

5 baby carrots

grilled shrimp

onion/spinach saute

vodka/seltzer

exercise: 20 minutes on the side/side machine, 50 minutes on the arc machine

#110 of 135 Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

5.29 day twelve Achieve:

Hot water with lemon

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 egg over easy

green tea

6 oz greek yogurt

1/2 cup strawberries

1/2 cup blueberries

green tea

grilled chicken

cucumbers

green tea

exercise: 30 minutes on the arc machine

Dilemma!!!!

going to to dinner at a friends. menu was supposed to mixed grill, salad, veggies, cold rice salad. Perfect right??  Well, the host just called and they decided to make pizza's on the grill and wanted our input on toppings. Now before I did this diet I would have jumped all over this idea! How yummy!  But I am so close to this wedding I don't want to start eating white flour now. greensad.gif But I am not going to tell them to change the menu either. I know some people would but since this is not a life threatening allergy and I felt no need to say anything about our diet based on the original menu then my dilemma is to suck it up or be rude so I vote for suck it up.

So my plan is to bring a huge bowl of grilled shrimp, my homemade hummus and lots of veggies for dipping.  I am in charge of apps so that will help fill me up and then I am telling myself to only have one slice of pizza. I had already planned for wine/drinks by eating light during the day. Please send me all your willpower vibes!!

#111 of 135 Old 05-30-2011, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

I so overate last night! greensad.gif

6-8 grilled shrimp w/ my spicy cocktail sauce

at least a 1/2 cup of my "hummus" with carrots

1 smallish free formed grilled pizza with sauce, cheese, sausage, onions, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and basil

a big scoop of corn and black bean salad

3 vodka ginger lemonades (tons of sugar!)

I did pass on the cheese and crackers, a second pizza, ice cream and macerated fruits

The Y is closed today and all my walking buddies are busy. I am going to try to get on the treadmill later or maybe get my family out for walk.  The family walk is never that much exercise tho since it is stop and go, stop and go......

#112 of 135 Old 05-30-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

5/30 day thirteen of Achieve:

Hot water with lemon

1/2 cup oatmeal\

1 egg over easy

green tea

coffee w/ coconut creamer

6 oz greek yogurt

1/2 cup strawberries

1/2 cup blueberries

green tea

grilled chicken breast

spinach and onion saute

Dinner at Legals! Yum!

grilled salmon

steamed broocoli

seaweed salad

few bites of DH's crab cake

2 glasses chardonnay

exercise- nothing formal, gardening, hanging/taking down laundry on the line, mall walking*

*on that note my son is officially out of "kids" sizes.  Nothing at Gap Kids, Lands End, Gymboree, etc fit him any more. greensad.gif God help me if I have to start shopping at A&F, AE and Hollister! 

#113 of 135 Old 05-31-2011, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

5/31 day fourteen of achieve

hot water with lemon

2 eggs, scrambled

green tea

feta stuffed lamb burgers 

sauteed onion and spinach

exercise: not feeling great today, did nothing

#114 of 135 Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

6/1 day fifteen achieve:

hot water w/ lemon

2 eggs, scrambled

green tea

2 grilled chickens breasts

green tea

8 oz cottage cheese

lamb burgers stiffed w/ feta

sauteed spinach and onions

#115 of 135 Old 06-02-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Today's the day I leave for the big wedding! Since I won't be home tomorrow I treated today as weigh in day. I lost 3lbs so that's a grand total if 23lbs!!!

I am giving myself permission not to track while away. I have done my homework and believe I have a pretty good chance of staying on track. I have a packed cooler for the road and know there are at least one or two healthy options at each of the parties. I would love to maintain but if I gain a pound or two no worries!

Have a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#116 of 135 Old 06-05-2011, 05:43 PM

Hey HollyBearsMom,

I wanted to pop in & say hey & great job on your continued success!!!!  I have been MIA...my Grandpa had a stroke last Friday & ended up passing away this past Thursday night :(.  Tomorrow we have the viewings & Tuesday the funeral.  A tough time for our family.  While he was 87, lived a wonderful life, enjoyed 11 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren plus another one on the way it is still so sad to lose him & see my Grandmother say goodbye as well. 

I have tried to stay on track but my heart wasn't into it & it just hasn't been the healthiest week AND there has been quite a few drinks here & there. 

I saw pics of myself from the wedding I had yesterday & it sucked.  I actually felt good when I left the house but then saw the pics & they made me want to crawl in a hole.  My Grandpa, my weight, our financial woes, house selling woes, DH lost the one consulting gig that was paying anything on Friday & both kids have the stupid molluscum virus...I feel very overwhelmed!!!  I think I need to start kickboxing or something similar where I can really vent frustrations & such...

Looking fwd to hearing good news about your weekend & maybe a PM with a pic of you :)  I'll send one of me if you send one of you...lol

#117 of 135 Old 06-06-2011, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellairiesmom View Post

Hey HollyBearsMom,

I wanted to pop in & say hey & great job on your continued success!!!!  I have been MIA...my Grandpa had a stroke last Friday & ended up passing away this past Thursday night :(.  Tomorrow we have the viewings & Tuesday the funeral.  A tough time for our family.  While he was 87, lived a wonderful life, enjoyed 11 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren plus another one on the way it is still so sad to lose him & see my Grandmother say goodbye as well. 

I have tried to stay on track but my heart wasn't into it & it just hasn't been the healthiest week AND there has been quite a few drinks here & there. 

I saw pics of myself from the wedding I had yesterday & it sucked.  I actually felt good when I left the house but then saw the pics & they made me want to crawl in a hole.  My Grandpa, my weight, our financial woes, house selling woes, DH lost the one consulting gig that was paying anything on Friday & both kids have the stupid molluscum virus...I feel very overwhelmed!!!  I think I need to start kickboxing or something similar where I can really vent frustrations & such...

Looking fwd to hearing good news about your weekend & maybe a PM with a pic of you :)  I'll send one of me if you send one of you...lol

Steph- I am so sorry about all you are dealing with.  My heart especially goes out to you about your grandpa. hug2.gifDoesn't matter how long the life was it still really sucks to lose a loved one. Please take very good care of yourself.

I think kickboxing is an awesome idea.  Do you have a Wii?? When I am really frustrated I like the Wii boxing session on the Wii fit. Works every time, LOL

The wedding was wonderful but have yet to see photos of myself.  I *felt* I looked really good but I know I have a body dysmorphic (sp?) issue. I am usually completely shocked when I see just how big I really am. While intellectually I know I am obese I always "feel" smaller/thinner/less blubbery. Once I see some of pics I will send you one promise!! That said the wedding itself was AMAZING! A real "lifestyle of the rich and famous" w/ out being tacky at all. This was the band-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3IUCLt6Fc You can't beat a great band!

We got back this AM, have not weighed myself yet.  Will get back on bandwagon tomorrow!

#118 of 135 Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

OK so I am back. I have successfully completed the first three 17 day cycles!  Wow, time does fly!!

Since I still have a significant amount of weight to lose (low end 40lb, high end 60lbs) the author gives you three option but mostly recommends starting from the beginning. I was actually going to start at cycle two but......

I broke my foot yesterday!!   gloomy.gif  I am in a cast and will be for at least 6 weeks unless I need surgery. angry.gif I am so angry because I have made such good progress and this is going to completely derail me. angry.gif

So at this point I plan on going back to cycle one since I can't exercise at all. I am going to try to keep free weights near by for upper body.  I am visualizing not needing surgery and instead getting a great waterproof walking cast.  Then at least I can get around and not be on my fat ass all day.

So here is my first day back at tracking:

June 7-day one part II ACCELERATE:

Hot water with lemon

scrambled eggs with feta

green tea

1 cup strawberries

6 oz greek yogurt

1 1/2 grilled chicken burgers

romaine salad 

pan seared salmon

green beans

#119 of 135 Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 PM

good luck with healing, my mom just got over a broken foot no surgery! i had her taking cell salts... i dunno if they helped lol

mama to one '07 and one '09
#120 of 135 Old 06-07-2011, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatreestar View Post

good luck with healing, my mom just got over a broken foot no surgery! i had her taking cell salts... i dunno if they helped lol

How long was she in a cast?  Could she drive?  Ugh thats my fear, no driving!

Tags
Weight Loss , Sugar

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page