If you live in VIRGINIA, where do you buy bulk foods from? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-15-2011, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I need a source for things like flour, rice, beans, oats, etc.

I live in Northern Virginia.

Buying in bulk from a place like Whole Foods or the grocery store is a joke, really.  They have these cute little bins that are pretty much for display only, maybe hold 5 pounds of each thing, and there is no cost savings.

I need more like 10-25 pounds of everything!

I got all excited looking around on the Azure Standard website, only to find out they don't deliver to VA. :(

I know UNFI does, but their prices are pretty high honestly.  About the same if I bought in smaller packages from the store.

So, where do you buy in bulk from?

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

#2 of 4 Old 05-15-2011, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Look up Yoder's Country Market in Madison County. joy.gif

I don't come here anymore. MDC has become overgrown with ads & useless extra forums.
#3 of 4 Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I order from Quail Cove Farms.  You place your order and they deliver to a "hostess" house.  You can look at the "Schedule" page for their coverage area and the FAQs for how to get started and how to find out if they have a drop off location in your area already.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#4 of 4 Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks!  It's funny you mention Quail Cove Farms.  I just heard about them from a local friend too!  They have everything I was looking for, and there is a drop off point a few minutes from my house! yeah!

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page