good non-gmo popping corn? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Ideally, I'd like to find this locally and not order online. I just bought a whirlypop and am really eager to pop some corn experiment with different flavorings and such..yummy! In the stores I'm only seeing big brands like orville redenbacher and jolly pop and such. I hesitate to get those since most corn is gmo and I figure the big brands probably are :/ Anyone know of a brand thats either organic or at least gmo free that I should be able to find local? all the health food stores around here are, though not excessively far, out in directions we don't usually go for other reasons so its kinda annoying to go just to look for popcorn. but i will if the regular stores just won't have anything good..

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If there is a Trader Joe's near you, they have started selling organic popping corn in the past month or two. Also, I think I remember seeing an organic bag of Jolly Time at our local grocery store...hope either of these help. :)

Old 05-21-2011, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There is no GMO popcorn.  Popcorn is different from the sweet non-GMO we eat and different from GMO corn which is used for processing.  It is a specific, and non GMO, type of corn.  Non organic probably has pesticide residue but that is a different issue than GMO. 

Co-creator, Joyful Wife, and Grateful Mama to angel3.gifenergy.gifand sleepytime.gif
Old 05-21-2011, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Oh, nice, thats good to know at least. I ended up picking up some organic popcorn at whole foods the other day since we happened to be in that neighborhood. 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw

User Tag List