Ceiliac who is going grain-free - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-22-2011, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've recently read a couple of things/spoke with some folks which has made me think that possibly going entirely grain-free for a while might help my health further, and rid me of some of the eczema I've had my whole life.  Are there any other grain free families out there?  Any suggestions on blogs/books etc?

#2 of 4 Old 05-24-2011, 01:08 PM
g&a

You might try the paleo diet people. I believe they are grain free.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

#3 of 4 Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 PM

There is a grain-free thread in the TF forum.  eat.gif

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#4 of 4 Old 05-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post

There is a grain-free thread in the TF forum.  eat.gif

this.   come on over!  i have been diagnosed with celiac as has my dh, dd and both ds's (presumptively since dh and I both have it-but dd was diagnosed separately.)  Anyway we've been grain free for many years, with some minor deviations here and there.  I always come back though.  even if I go a week eating non gluten grains, I feel it.  I'd love to be able to have rice but it's just not worth it.  So yes, I feel that The Paleo Solution is a great book to read on the subject if you're looking to avoid grains.  The Primal Blueprint is good as well, and is a gentler book but The Paleo Solution really delineates WHY so many do so well off grains.

good luck!  We all went grain free when we found out dd and I had celiac.  Again, once in a blue moon I'll let my kids have rice (sushi or rice bread) but mainly we just all stay grain free and my kids, though they're all in school, are fine with it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page