Holy Gas, Batman! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-25-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In an effort to curb my sugar cravings I am following the 2 week jump start from Jackie Warner.  Basically you don't focus on taking anything out the first two weeks, you just add in the following:

whey protein (I drink a shake with banana in the morning)

1 cup oatmeal (I have this for lunch and I soak it overnight with lemon in the water to make it easier to digest)

2 fruits

3 cups veggies

2 eggs

2-3 L of water

I have no sugar cravings at all (I'm on day six) which is a minor miracle, but I have the WORST gas.  My belly is bloated, my tummy hurts.  I don't want to have to take gas pills everyday.  I was already eating 2 fruits a day so that's not it.  I'm guessing the veggies (I was only having one serving a day previously).  Today I tried cooking my veggies instead of eating them raw and only had 2 servings instead of 3.  I'm guessing my body will eventually adjust but

1. how long will it take for me to be able to eat healthily without discomfort and

2. what in the world do I do in the meantime??

Any help appreciated!

Thanks Ladies

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 05:59 PM

I would take probiotics.  I started a "clean eating" program just over a month ago and they really recommend probiotics to help balance your gut. I get mine from yogurt but if don't want dairy there are lots of supplements out there.

Pardon me while I puke.gif

Old 05-25-2011, 06:15 PM

I have a pretty healthy diet and I CANNOT eat oatmeal daily. I can eat it every once in awhile, maybe twice a week (not back to back) but if I eat it more I get horribly gassy and bloated. I also can't eat eggs daily.....not so much gas but they become difficult to digest and give me heartburn if I eat them so regularly. Yeah cooked veggies are easier to digest, you could just lightly steam them so they still pack a lot of nutrients.

If your determined to follow the diet strictly I would consider taking probiotics and maybe digestive enzymes.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.  I think I will start using yogurt in my morning shake for the probiotics.  hopefully that will help.  I really love oatmeal, but if that is the problem, I might have to eat it only every other day.  I honestly don't usually get both eggs in.  I am so stuffed eating all this!  I will try some digestive enzymes. I picked up beano, which says it's a digestive enzyme, hopefully that will work?

User Tag List