Research Study: The types of foods that parents give to their children - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This was shared with us in the Mothering virtual office and we thought our community would be interested in participating.

Quote:
The NAMC has always tried to support the efforts of researchers who want to identify what mothers' needs are. In that spirit we're sending along this request from a researcher from Bowling Green State University. Please respond to the researcher directly if you meet the criteria and are interested in participating.

Info on the survey:

BGSU 
Bowling Green State University 
Department of Psychology 
206 Psychology Building 
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0232

Research Study: The types of foods that parents give to their children

My name is Amy Storfer-Isser and I am a Doctoral student in the Psychology Department at Bowling Green State University (BGSU) in Ohio. I am conducting a research study about the factors that influence the types of foods that parents give to their children. If you are a parent aged 21 - 50, have a child between the ages of 2 and 6, and have the primary responsibility for feeding this child, I am interested in your opinions on this important topic.

Participation in this study involves completing a 20 minute on-line survey. Participation is totally voluntary and will not affect your relationship to BGSU in any way. You are free to stop participation at any time without penalty. I anticipate no risks to you for participating in this study (no greater than those normally encountered in daily life). I greatly value your participation and hope you will agree to do so!

Full details about the survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G9C9R6D

If you agree to participate, you can choose to enter into a raffle for a chance to win a gift card to amazon.com. Five prizes will be awarded - four $25 and one $100 amazon.com gift card. If you are among the first 100 participants to respond to the survey, you will triple your chances to win. If you would like to enter into the raffle, you will be asked to provide your name, email address and phone number at the end of the survey so that I can contact you if you win a gift card. To protect your confidentiality, your name, e-mail address and phone number will be maintained in a separate database that is password protected. Once the raffle prizes have been awarded, all names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers will be deleted from the records. I will be the only person with access to the data, and the results will be reported in aggregate form. In addition to the chance to win a gift card, your participation in this research study may benefit society by increasing our understanding of the types of foods that parents give to their children, although there may not be a direct benefit to you.

To protect your privacy, please remember to clear the browser cache and page history after you submit the survey.

If you have questions regarding this study, please contact Amy Storfer-Isser, Psychology Department, Bowling Green State University, (419) 372-4457, [email protected]; or Dr. Dara Musher-Eizenman, Psychology Department, Bowling Green State University, (419) 372-2948, [email protected]

For questions or concerns about your rights as a research participant, you may contact Chair, Human Subjects Review Board, Bowling Green State University at (419) 372-7716 or at [email protected]

The Mothering user name is maintained by Mothering staff.  Any posts/threads created by the Mothering user name may be featured or shared on Facebook, Twitter or other social media. If you have questions regarding the Mothering user name, please contact [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is there a link or anything like that?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 3 Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It might save some people some time if the OP mentioned that parents of kids with food allergies aren't eligible to participate.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page