CANNOT FIND--PLEASE HELP--raw chocolate banana-avocado pudding recipe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

There was this fabulous recipe maybe a year ago in the magazine for raw choco-nana pudding I think is what they called it.

I remember it was avocado, banana, coconut oil, and cocoa powder, don't remember if there was anything else or the amounts.  I remember my kids LOVED it and I really want to make it.....  Help!

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#2 of 15 Old 07-07-2011, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

From the May/June 2010 issue of Mothering Magazine - Raw Choconana Pudding:

1 avacado

1/2 ripe banana

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/4 cup honey

1 tablespoon coconut oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

Blend all ingredients in food processor until pudding like, add water if needed.

HTH! :)

#3 of 15 Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 PM

I make LO this a lot lately, because he won't eat much and it has lots of yummy calories and nutrition. I don't measure, I just put one banana, one avocado, a shake of cocoa powder and a spoonful of honey, and add a little milk so I can use the blender. Tonight I added some vanilla coconut milk creamer for a flavor and richness. Sometimes I add cinnamon too.

#4 of 15 Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

thanks!

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#5 of 15 Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I combined what the above two posters wrote and we LOVED it. I could easily get addicted. My 5.5 year old asked for more.

1 avocado

1 banana

1 tablespoon honey

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/4 cup liquid (I had coconut milk available)

Blend and eat.

I texted everyone about it and a couple people mentioned the ick factor of using avocado. I decided to recreate using a banana to replace the avocado so used a total of 2 bananas and no avocado and kept everything else the same. I thought it tasted the same (as did my son,) but it was runny, not pudding. I considered freezing it to see if it would make a good popsicle, but my son drank it instead.

This is definitely chocolate banana pudding, I wonder if it would be less bananay if you only used 1/2 banana as Elaynesmom stated.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#6 of 15 Old 07-13-2011, 10:51 PM

this is the one we use minus the cinnamon or garnish and we just add a banana to it

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Chocolate-Pudding-_raw_-Recipezaar

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#7 of 15 Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM

I love this recipe! I froze it and made "fudgsicles". So good!

#8 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 PM

we have started making a morning smoothie kind of like this but adding 1/4 or so of whole flax seeds (soaked overnight, DON'T SPROUT entirely, they're too bitter!  But just a little makes them gooey and activates the good enzymes)

the blender cuts them down a lot but it's still a little chunky, and it makes it so thick if you add enough, that it is more like pudding, you can eat it with a spoon.  My older kids like that.

yum

Liora, Frum Jew In Beijing, Mom of Three (one "Almost Autistic" healed in 3 years with biomed and one amazing girl with Down syndrome using Targeted Nutritional Intervention (TNI)
#9 of 15 Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 PM

I love that issue!

#10 of 15 Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmyk View Post

I love this recipe! I froze it and made "fudgsicles". So good!

Ahhh, you got me. I must do this.

2twins.gif DH, me, DD '11 blowkiss.gif and a new rainbow1284.gifbabyboy.gif born at home April '14! 

familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif cd.gif goorganic.jpgh20homebirth.gif winner.jpg 

#11 of 15 Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM

Wow this sounds amazing! I'm totally making this for DD! What kind of coco powder should I buy?

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#12 of 15 Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillymonster View Post

Wow this sounds amazing! I'm totally making this for DD! What kind of coco powder should I buy?

I always get Ah!laska organic cocoa powder. It's the only organic one I can find near me. It's WAY more delicious than Hershey's or something similar. I made this pudding the other day and froze it in popsicle molds. Holy wow.

2twins.gif DH, me, DD '11 blowkiss.gif and a new rainbow1284.gifbabyboy.gif born at home April '14! 

familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif cd.gif goorganic.jpgh20homebirth.gif winner.jpg 

#13 of 15 Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 PM

The Ah!laska organic cocoa powder was too darn expensive, so I got the closest natural cocoa I could from Spouts, Chatfield's - All Natural Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened, Alkaline Free. Made this in my immersion blender. OMG. It was tasty. I don't think my avocado was ripe enough however-- but the texture was good. I did SundayCrepes version-- but thought it definitely needed more then a tbs of honey. But I admit to being a sweet tooth. I poured the rest in my toddler's IKEA popsicle molds. She's going to be a very happy kiddo tomorrow when I bring them out.

I tried not to eat too much when I realized how carb-laden it was. O_o

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#14 of 15 Old 09-05-2012, 06:36 AM

I'd like to pack this for DD's school lunch think it would be fine with an ice pack?

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#15 of 15 Old 09-06-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiePie View Post

I'd like to pack this for DD's school lunch think it would be fine with an ice pack?

I bet it'd be fine winky.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page