Meals for hubby while I'm out of town with the kids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone, I'm going on a trip at the end of the month with my mom and sister and our kids, and hubby will be on his own for meals while I'm gone. I know this is silly to have to post this but if I don't make meals that are readily available and quick for him to make, he will literally eat out for every meal. I wouldn't care about that part except the cost. I'm already spending $150-200 on this trip, I'm in charge of the finances, so I see the account daily, and I know he'll spend that or more on food alone while I'm gone. Can anyone give me some ideas of meals to make for him that are quick(the most important thing, since he works late and barely has time to eat as it is). A few plans I already have:

Frozen pizza(not healthy, but he'll eat this anyway, at least it will be cheaper than take out)

premade hamburger patties(maybe? I don't know, he likes all the veggies but probably won't take the time to cut them up and therefore wouldn't eat the burgers without the veggies)

Nachos(he'll be eating this anyway)

casseroles are about all I can come up with that he might actually take the time to pull out of the freezer the night beforoe and heat it up at night. But who know. Seriously, can a man live on sandwiches and pizza for 9 days straight!? lol

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Yes, he could live on sandwiches and pizza for 9 days. My dh would probably throw some ramen in there too.  :)

soup- make a big pot of chili or whatever so he can heat up individual portions throughout the week. He can have it with sandwiches.

burritos- you can premake the burritos so he just has to warm them up- meat or bean & cheese or even a breakfast burrito

pre-cut veggies & hummus

salad

hard boiled eggs

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 PM

I'm thinking of things you can divide up into individual serving containers. Do you have a microwave? Is this just for dinner or for lunches, too?

spaghetti and meatballs 

enchiladas

chili and corn muffins

hamburgers (Slice and bag the veggies. And maybe ask him to eat it during the first days of your trip so they don't have time to get mushy.)

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 

User Tag List