Mothering Forum banner

How do you make the perfect Kale chips??

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jeslynn 
#1 ·
Hello ladies,

I hear you all bragging about your daily staple of Kale chips, and I would like you to share your wisdom. I have tried these countless times, and have never had success.

Mine either burn, or turn out chewy, never crisp. I tried slow cooking at 300 degrees, or quicker cooking at 425 degrees. I have used olive oil, Bragg's, and just plain, and can't seem to get the formula down right.

how often do you have to toss them? or don't you? I have tried flipping them while cooking, not flipping them....still didn't get it.

Please, help! I really want to make these on a regular basis. Also, i have tried the black, curly, and not as curly kind -- is there one kind that works better than others?

thanks so much!!

Denise

#3 ·
I use my dehydrator. I can't seem to get mine right in the oven. I just have to be carefulo not to overdehydrate them or they turn crumbly. I put toasted sesame oil, soy sauce or tamari, finely minced ginger and garlic, toasted sesame seeds, and rice vinegar on mine.

I have found that as much as we love kale chips, we love the above ingredients, just massaged into the kale leaves and eaten raw. SO good!!! My kids gobble it up.

#5 ·
I don't like mine chewy at all so I like them prettty crispy. I do 325 for 10 minutes and then check it every 4 minutes from there if they aren't ready. I put some olive oil in a bowl and then just brush a little on and then sprinkle some sea salt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.