I have a ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is propel ok to drink while pregnant? My doctor said its ok to drink flavored water but she didnt tell me wat kind I can get so I got a bunch of propel I just want to know if its ok to drink and wont harm the baby im 6 months pregnant too so please someone help me out this is my first time being pregnant and I need to know everything there is to know about my baby and keeping her healthy

#2 of 3 Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

If it contains apartame (Nutrasweet), sucralose (Splenda), or acesulfame K/potassium, I would not drink it. Diet drinks have been linked to preterm birth.

Water with cucumber slices, or a squeeze of lemon or lime is nice. Iced tea brewed with your favourite tea is nice. Water, real fruit juice and milk are good options as well.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#3 of 3 Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would not drink any of that.  I would drink water, just water!  With maybe some cucumber, lemon, or lime(from real pieces of fruit) would be fine of course.  Fruit juice that you make yourself, smoothies that you make yourself, raw milk, and water are all fine.  Any of the processed store bought stuff I would certainly avoid.  Please check out this site some more, it sounds like you have a lot to learn!  Please look into eating organic(you can start by reading my posts here  http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1321919/reasons-to-go-organic-and-tips-to-make-it-affordable#post_16560891 ) ), cloth diapering, and avoiding chemicals(explore the site www.ewg.org )   You can be on the road to a healthier lifestyle by just doing a little research!  If you would like to talk more or ask questions, you can PM me.  There are some very smart mamas on this site too, so post with any questions!

BTW, I think these are the best prenatal vitamins  http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Code-Prenatal/dp/B0032EZOAM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1312438202&sr=8-2    There are many threads that different mammas have started asking what others think is the best prenatal, and I have seen other mammas recommend this one the most as well!  Also, this is the best DHA supplement I think  http://www.vitacost.com/Carlson-Elite-Omega-3-Gems-Fish-Oil-BOGO 

That site has a lot of organic products, and also has the prenatal vitamins that I mentioned, and they are currently having a sale, $5 off $100, $10 off $125, or $15 off $150 purchases. 

Please also remember that a Dr will NOT tell you everything you need to know in order to have a healthy pregnancy.   You MUST do your own reasearch- for example, a pregnant women needs LOTS of protein.  I think it is like 70 to 90g a day?

Anyway, so when are you due?  I am due with #2 on November 2.  I recommend Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth for a good book to read while pregnant!  It is SOOOO informative, and it covers everything!  With #1 I thought I had researched everything and knew everything there was to know about giving birth, but then with #2 I read that book, and realized that with all the other books I had read, I had learned practically nothing, and had I just read this 1 book last time I would have saved a lot of time and been less confused!  Lol.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page