Mothering Forum banner

Omega 8003 juicer question

875 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Veslemor 
#1 ·
We are looking at purchasing a juicer, probably Omega or Champion. It is hard to pick as the reviews on Amazon make my head spin. LOL! I am wondering about the efficiency of the juicers. What kind do you have, how long does it take to make one serving of juice (such as greens, carrots, beets, apples) and how long does it take to clean. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I love my Omega juicer. Juicing and cleaning are pretty quick. Most days I just rinse the components with water (except for the juicing screen which I use a tooth brush on- 5 seconds to do that). Most of the time is spent chopping the produce to fit into the tube, so I guess the time depends on if you have good knife skills (I don't, but it still doesn't take much time).

Outside of juicing, I also someitmes make my own nut butters, which takes a little time since you have to run it thru the machine more than once. Also I do make pasta occasionally, and that's really a snap. I use this thing all the time, and I recommend it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.