Help me plan for a week's worth of meals for $100! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fresh 20 now has a gluten free button!  you should check it out. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post

We used the site Fresh 20 before we found out I have issues with gluten...wonderful meal planning site. Now I plan out our week myself. Breakfast, lunch, dinners (inludes DH's lunches for work that he packs) all for about 80-100. Its about finding CHEAP recipes. Ones that dont use alot of ingredients, or expensive ones. I like cooking with a lot of what is in my pantry,,,which is alot of bulk grains and beans. I buy everything organic and local. Fruits and veggies (in season) I get from our local organic farm and everything else comes from Wegmans natural store.

My meals for the week are:

Quiche night w/ soup and salad

Veggie Burrito night  (the sour cream used in this nights meal was also used the night before in top of the soup! same with the green onions. Dress up your soups with extras!)

Pizza & Family Game night (pizza is a simple gluten free crust, mozz cheese, sauce and basil...mushrooms if I have extra from the quiche night) w/salad

Fish, mashed pot with Boursin cheese (AMAZING!), and wild rice w/salad

Vegetarian chili with gluten free corn bread muffins

Pasta carbonara (w/ crushed almonds instead of bacon) w/ salad

homemade mac and cheese (w/ gluten free noodles)

lunches are always easy breezy...soups, sandwiches, annies mac and cheese, pitas, fruit

Breakfasts are from the following: eggs, toast and jelly, muffins, pancakes

Once a month I stock up on staple items from Trader Joes (its about 45 minutes away) and bulk items at out local organic market.

Forest  treehugger.gifMushroom whale.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Getting in on this meal/budget planning late.......whenever I know $$'s are tight, I always substitute another form of protein for meat...eggs and dried beans are my fav...and I saw u had some celery going bad....I saute mine in evoo, and freeze until use....sour creme..(I have had this same problem)....baked potatoes, or meat, mushrooms and noodles....there is a place in IOWA...FRONTIER that I get spices, dried beans, etc.....look on the net and call them for a catalog.....most of the prices are good there......also a can of tomato paste goes a long way instead of a jar of sauce.....peace......

User Tag List