Freezing dishes with rice pasta-any tips? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2011, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am hoping to do some freezer cooking soon and am wondering if anyone has frozen things with rice pasta?  I am thinking a casserole type dish with pasta, ground beef, tomatoes, veggies and ricotta.  Should I cook it part way or just mix it with tomato sauce and not cook it all before freezing?  I don't want it all to turn to mush!  Thanks!

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We used to eat Trader Joe's rice pasta. GAG. Now we eat Tinkyada rice pasta. Much more expensive, but definitely worth it.

I haven't frozen freezer dishes, but I have frozen leftover pasta. I put it on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and spread it out. Once it is frozen I put it in ziplock bags. When my kids want pasta, I pull out how much they want. I coat it lightly with water, and microwave. Then I add sauce and they've got lunch. Pasta is fine that way.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

User Tag List