A Waste Free Lunch Story from a Reuseit Mom + an Offer to Win Her Fav Lunch Pack- Congrats Ell-Bell - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#61 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i love the rebel green reusable lunch bag in the pretty planet print. so cute and recognizable, you'll instantly know it's yours. i thought it was great that it came with an organic cotton napkin too!

i just joined and this was the first article i read. it's so helpful because my baby just started kindergarten!!

#62 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 03:52 PM

I love the idea of the Laptop Lunch Bento Box 2.0 (http://www.reuseit.com/store/lunch-lunch-bags-boxes-c-248_249.html). Would love to use that instead of baggies. 

#63 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM

I like the little containers with removeable inner trays.  So you can use it for a lot of one thing or bits of a few things, ideal for a 5 year old!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#64 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 PM

This would be perfect for DH to have a hot lunch while he's working! http://www.reuseit.com/store/thermos-king-stainless-steel-food-with-spoon-p-2660.html

#65 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 04:44 PM

The cloth napkins on your website are such a great idea!

#66 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 05:14 PM

I love all of the varieties of reusable lunch bags.  I had no idea so many different options were available!  This is defnitely something our family will be utilizing!  Thanks eat.gif

#67 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
lao

I LOVE the stainless steel "bendy" straws!!  I had seen glass before but did not buy because I was afraid I would break them!  I wonder if these can be cleaned-maybe with a chenille straw?

Great products!

Lisa

#68 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 PM

Love, love, LOVE the stainless steal food containers!! That's the first time I've seen them and now I want some! :) And I "liked" reuseit on facebook :)

#69 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Can't decide what I like. I like the Earthlust steel water bottles, but then again I might choose one made in USA if I were buying. Really impressed with how much stuff they offer is made in USA. Also I like the Lunchskins, the reuseit baggies, and lots more.

#70 of 98 Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 PM

These are our favorite.  I can pack one utensil every day without worrying that she has the right thing.  I stuck a small label sticker with her name on it on the handle, and we've used two of them for 3 years now, that's a lot of lunches!

http://www.reuseit.com/store/light-fire-kids-spork-p-1969.html

#71 of 98 Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 AM

I love lunchskins! I saw a women with one at the park the other day and was fawning over it!

http://www.reuseit.com/store/lunchskins-sandwich-p-1883.html

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

#72 of 98 Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 PM

I love the light my fire black sporks!!  I like your site...I'm going back to do some shopping, thanks!

#73 of 98 Old 09-07-2011, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

These sandwich "wrap-n-mat" things look brilliant: http://www.reuseit.com/store/wrapnmat-regular-p-137.html   We re-use plastic bags right now, but they are a pain to wash, and often my sandwich falls apart when I am stuffing it inside.  This would solve both problems as it looks easy to wash and just wraps right around the sandwich.  Brilliant!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#74 of 98 Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks so much for this reminder.  I am so glad to find a resource for containers of different sizes.

Proud mommy to DDs (12/04) and (11/07)
#75 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 AM

I really like the reusable sandwich and snack bags. I hate those plastic ones! I own 2 sandwich bags for my son but I really need some for snacks too. Plus I love the colors available.

Mama Gina

flower.gif hippie.gif knit.gifhomeschool.gif  h20homebirth.gif  namaste.gif
Noah 14bikenew.gif, Emma 12 flowerkitty.gif, and Andrew 8 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif

#76 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 AM

I've never seen a replaceable-head toothbrush! What a great idea.

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#77 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 AM

woah. stapless "staplers" blew my mind. liked on fb too.

#78 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 04:03 PM

I get tons of compliments about my son's Goodbyn, but now he doesn't want to use it everyday, and so we're using my lunchbag for him.  I'd love to get him a new insulated bag along with these (http://www.reuseit.com/store/%C2%A0humangear-gotoob-mini-reusable-container-p-1934.html) for his yogurt and these (http://www.reuseit.com/store/lunchskins-sandwich-p-1883.html) for his sandwich, veggie chips, etc.

(And I already like you both on FB.  :o) )

#79 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 04:04 PM

#80 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 04:49 PM

The stainless steel straws are awesome! I have a picky 2 year old for whom I make super smoothies every morning. He drinks almost twice the smoothie if it's through a straw, but I hate messing with the plastic ones and this would be SUCH a good solution! "Liked"!

buddamomimg1.pngWriter/Designer/Hip Hippie Russian Mama to Torngtongue.gif (3yo) and Kboc.gif(4mo)

#81 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 05:24 PM

Oooh!  I have found a solution to storing my fresh produce in Ziploc bags...which I'm vowing to rid myself of!  The Flip & Tumble Reusable bags look awesome- bring them to the store, avoid the plastic produce bags, wash the produce right in the bag and store them in the fridge!  Perfect!  Just what I was looking for!

#82 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 PM

What an awesome site...I love the replace disposables section. I am really getting into bento boxing my kid's lunch this year and this site has further inspired me!

#83 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM

Love the produce bags and nellie's dryerballs! Never been to this reuseit site before but think I will return! "Liked!"

#84 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 PM

I LOVE the "I'm Not a Plastic Bag"!!  

I will admit, when any of my 3 boys leaves their lunch box at school, they use a plastic bag (meant to be an incentive to look in the lost-and-found or the bottom of their locker, for their lunch box).

However, your very witty "I'm Not a Plastic Bag" is like a plastic bag without the shame; PLUS it's more reasonably priced than most school-lunch boxes; PLUS it looks like it would have plenty of room for reusable containers!  That's my biggest challenge, in packing lunches.  I have two teenage sons and a 'tween, so they want a lot of food in their lunches!  But a sandwich box, a side-dish container and even a small drink container strain the zippers on most lunch boxes, even the soft-sided ones.  So, where's a Mom to put the container with fruit (which the 'tween will only eat if it's sliced...); the carrot and celery sticks and dip; and the cookie?

What a great idea you have!

Update:  I just bought two.

One woman in a house full of men:  my soul mate:  partners.gif  orfencing.gif... twin sons:lurk.giflurk.gif(HS juniors) ... step-son: guitar.gif (a freshman) ... our little man: kid.gif  (a kindergartener) ... and there is another female in the house, after all:  ourdog2.gif. 
#85 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 07:08 PM

I love making my kids waste-free lunches, and I want to check out the To-Go Ware lunch kit, snack stack, and 2- and 3-tier food carriers from reuseit.com. I am hoping to move away from plastics to other alternatives, such as stainless steel.
#86 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 PM

I enjoy the reusit.com site and have bought quite a few lunch items for both my kiddos.  I am thinking the fit and fresh kids value lunch pods may be next.  I love the idea that the ice pack is attached.  It won't take up all the space of the ones we currently use or could be used concurrently.  Living in AZ, I am always fearful of putting anything that need refrigeration (like cheese sticks or milk) even in thermal stuff.  This might be a nice option!

#87 of 98 Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 PM

I'm digging the Camelbak Kids reusable water bottles.  It's time for my boys to ditch the sippy cups!

#88 of 98 Old 09-09-2011, 05:45 AM

I love the To-Go Ware stainless steel lunch kit, snack stack, and 2 and 3-tier carriers. I make waste-free lunches but want to move away from plastic to other alternatives. Great site!
#89 of 98 Old 09-09-2011, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've visited Reuseit.com and found a lot of things to add to my wishlist!  My favorites were the LunchSkins Reusable Sandwich Bags.  I'm in Maine, and I think the red lobster print is adorable!   One of my daughters would LOVE the brown wolves print as well.  :) 

Another of my favorite items was the CamelBak Stainless Steel Kids 12 oz water bottle.  It's the perfect size to send to school and seems like it would be easy for my children to use.  The butterfly design is cute.  I am impressed with the sporks, as well.  My girls would love those!

I've liked Reuseit on FB. 

OK, my fingers are crossed.  praying.gif  Winning the 6-pack lunch kit would help us make the shift to reusable lunch accessories.  Right now, I'm using disposable sandwich bags for my 1st and 2nd grader's snacks and lunches, and I don't feel great about it.guilty.gif

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#90 of 98 Old 09-11-2011, 12:45 PM

I like the shape of the snack and sandwich bags.  Some bags I cant get my hands into, but these look well designed.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page