Protein ideas with no gluten. corn, soy, dairy, - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 09-04-2011, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 4 year old has possible Aspergers and is on a pretty restrictive diet.  No gluten, dairy, corn, or soy. She really looses control of her behavior when she hasn't eaten an adequate amount of protein.   She is SUPER picky with her foods, but is a pretty good raw fruit and veggie eater.   She cant handle the stickiness of nut butters.  Any good ideas for protein? 

#2 of 28 Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 PM

Are you a vegetarian?  If not then:

Common flesh sources:  Beef, chicken, duck, eggs, fish,  pork, squab, turkey,  & venison,

Common veg sources - Black eyes peas, butter beans, chick peas, kidney beans, & lentils 

Possible grains & starches:  millet, oats, potatoes, quinoa & rice.

#3 of 28 Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

My girl is 4 too..she is allegic to gluten,soy and dairy..So besides the corn we are in the same boat so to speak..Here are some ideas for protein snacks/small meals.

Chicken legs(even cold)baked with salt and pepper.

Boiled eggs(with salt and pepper).

Hm chicken broth with gluten free noodles and egg in it...The egg scrambles in the boiling broth..I also put carrots diced in it for more veg.

Leftover roast dipped in ketchup.(simply Heinz is gluten free and no HFCS)

Hm Chicken nuggets(gf bread crumbs,eggs and salt,jpepper,and garlic/onion salt)..Baked in oven..Dipped in Ketchup.

Hamburger chili(you could also add beans but my girl doesn't like them),she likes to sprinkle daiya shredded cheese on top.

Scrambelled eggs(cooked in canola) with sausage(we use Tennesee Pride turkey natural links/patties..check for corn).

Hamburger Hash..I make this with either rice or potatos..Pound of hamburger sauteed with onions,seasonings of choice and mushrooms diced..When that is sauteed I add either a bag of boiled white rice or some par broiled cubed potatos and then stir fry it...she loves it rice more than potatos..Leave the drippings in the pan with hamburger..It really flavors the rice and potatos..

Does the child like jello? Jello is pure protein..I buy a natural kind that Kozy shack makes but I also make it hm..L loves jello with diced fruit in it..Or in cubes or as jigglers..

Fun snacks are hard for allergic kids like ours..What I would do since your child is so sensitive and needs the protein..Whenever you offer a food whether it is fun or dinner make sure you offer a protein..whether it is a peice of lunch meat of a small boiled egg..

Let me know if you are looking for specific things like dinner ideas ect...I don't have to eliminate corn but we eat pretty simple around here due to L's allergies and budget..I could pass on some more ideas if you need them...

#4 of 28 Old 09-05-2011, 01:47 PM

You could make muffins or cookies in which you use natural sweeteners and/or cut the sweetener and add lots of nuts or nut butters.

There are also refrigerator cookies made with nuts/nut butters, dried fruit, coconut, soaked rolled oats if you like, etc.  Those aren't as sticky as plain nut butters.

I don't know if this is okay for your lo, but I give my dairy-sensitive ds goat or sheep milk cheese and yogurt.

My los just started liking hummus -- you can make it yourself from any kind of lentils or beans.

Does she like beans?  My kids will eat refried or otherwise spruced up black or pinto beans every day (heck, they'd probably eat it every meal).

Eggs are great if your lo will eat them.

Mushrooms are delicious and high in protein (I know some kids won't eat them, but it's worth a try.

You could do smoothies with fresh or frozen fruit, nut butters, healthy raw oils, etc.

I know it's not high in protein, but all the good fats make avocado a great, grounding, satisfying food.  If your lo doesn't like it plain, you could try guacamole, that's how I got ds to start liking it.

You can soak and low-temp roast your own nuts and seeds and season them how you like (plain, salt, honey, curry, or other spices).

I also buy natural (organic, no preservatives, etc.) hot dogs and sausages for my kids -- they are always a hit.  My kids also like home made meatballs or burgers (I use ground turkey and/or venison).  They LOVE teriyaki; I wonder if there's some kid of soy-free seasoning that your lo loves (lemon-pepper or tomato sauce or pesto, perhaps)?

#5 of 28 Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Wow..lots of great ideas.   I happen to be vegan,mostly raw, but I cook just about anything for the kiddos if its healthy.  She does claim to be vegan quite a bit, but I think its just a way to avoid eating something with protein!!  No preservatives, or processed foods, with the exception of a few gluten free crackers.

Jello, a good source of protein??!!  It never occurred to me.  She has never even tried it. 

Mushrooms are eaten quite a bit.  I didn't realize they had much protein.

Hummus is a big hit about once a month.  More than that and she wont touch it.   Same with lentils, black and kidney beans.  They are super good to her maybe once a month, but that's it. 

Sunny girl...i have tried a few no bake cookies with her and they all seem to have the sticky and chunky textures she doesn't like.  Would you mind sharing your recipes?

I have tried smoothies (frozen banana, blueberry, and almond milk) with nut butters or protein powders mixed in, but she can always taste the added protein and wont drink it. 

She wont eat whole nuts.  Avocados are "yucka". 

Mylie I would LOVE any dinner ideas you have.   We have been dealing with the soy, milk, and corn since day one, but the 100% gluten free is pretty new to us.     The hamburger hash sounds yummy, but she wont eat things that are mixed together except for simple pasta with a no chunk or visible herb marinara.eyesroll.gif

Thanks for the great ideas everyone.  

#6 of 28 Old 09-05-2011, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygir1 View Post

I don't know if this is okay for your lo, but I give my dairy-sensitive ds goat or sheep milk cheese and yogurt.

We did try this.  She LOVED the cheese.  The cheese didnt love her back.   She asks for it several times a week.   I really wish it worked for her.greensad.gif

#7 of 28 Old 09-05-2011, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Definitely quinoa, use it like you use rice.

Lara bars are nuts and dates and my kids love them.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#8 of 28 Old 09-06-2011, 01:24 PM

My goodness, she reads like my family! My mom is Celiac, has Asbergers, is corn and cow's milk intolerant, I'm Celiac and soy intolerant, and my infant breastfed son has a pretty severe cow's milk protien allergy. We like amaranth, quinoa, want to try kaniwah, use rice protien, love hemp products (especially Tempt hempmilk and "ice cream"), are constantly eating eggs and fish (esp. salmon when we can get ahold of it), and are always finding new and interesting uses for nuts and nut butters, including adding almond butter and peanut butter to smoothies for thickeners. We also use a lot of flax and sorghum, coconut, and brown rice flour. And yes, you can get her eating avacados!

Raw Choco-nana pudding (it originally calls for cocoa, but my mom can't have chocolate either- and I found it in an issue of Mothering)

1 avacado

1/2 ripe banana

1/8 cup carob (originally 1/4 cup cocoa powder)

1/4 cup honey

1 tablespoon coconut oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

Blend, add water if needed. Serve chilled.

I also have a muffin recipe for when we need a quick morning breakfast that's well rounded.

1/2 cup brown rice flour

1/2 cup flour of your preferance (I like either sorgum or 1/2 sorgum 1/2 coconut or chestnut flour)

1/2 cup Craisins (can be substituted with nuts, chocolate chips, carob chips, or blueberries)

1 egg (or 1 small banana, or 1 small travel cup applesauce)

2 tbsp grapeseed or olive oil

1/2 cup almond or hazelnut milk (I use goat milk or applejuice if I'm doing vegan)

1/4 cup flax meal

2 tsp gluten free/corn free baking powder

1 tsp salt (I sometimes omit this)

3-4 tbsp honey, depending on preferance of sweetness

Preheat oven to 425. Mash banana if using, mix with dry ingredients. Add nuts/Craisins/chips and mix to coat. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Pour into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until brown. Add maybe five minutes extra if working with banana or applesauce.

#9 of 28 Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Stevensmommy---maybe we could all get together for dinner sometime.   It would be fun to eat with a meal with a group of people where we are all eating the same crazy stuff!     You live anywhere near Texas?smile.gif

Thank you for the chocolate avocado recipe.    She LOVES chocolate.   This one might possibly be a winner.  I'll try it tomorrow and tell you how it goes.  Muffins look good too.  I'll give them a try in the next few days.

She does like quinoa and will eat about 2 bites of it if served.      We have tried hemp seed in various ways and hemp milk and no go there.      She enjoys fish and on a good day will eat a large adult portion, but usually has to be pushed into just a few bites.

I really hate micro managing her food.   If she doesn't eat right, she is a mess and makes everyone around her miserable.  Her little brother either eats what I make or doesn't.   He lets me know when he is hungry and balances veggies, fruits and grains pretty well.     Its like my daughter is incapable of understanding her own body and what it needs.   It saddens me and makes me worry about her.

#10 of 28 Old 09-07-2011, 10:44 AM

How about mixing nut butter with ground nuts and seeds and dried fruit to make "energy bars"?

I don't use an exact recipe I just mix what dried fruit nuts or seeds I have,form the bars and put them in the fridge.Sometimes I added cocoa power.

Have you heard of the GAPS diet:http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/ ? it is not vegan but is very good for those on the autism spectrum.

they advocate bone broth as a good way to heal the gut. If you are open to it, a good homemade chicken soup would be a good way to give her protein as well as minerals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4them View Post

My 4 year old has possible Aspergers and is on a pretty restrictive diet.  No gluten, dairy, corn, or soy. She really looses control of her behavior when she hasn't eaten an adequate amount of protein.   She is SUPER picky with her foods, but is a pretty good raw fruit and veggie eater.   She cant handle the stickiness of nut butters.  Any good ideas for protein? 

#11 of 28 Old 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4them View Post

Wow..lots of great ideas.   I happen to be vegan,mostly raw, but I cook just about anything for the kiddos if its healthy.  She does claim to be vegan quite a bit, but I think its just a way to avoid eating something with protein!!  No preservatives, or processed foods, with the exception of a few gluten free crackers.

Jello, a good source of protein??!!  It never occurred to me.  She has never even tried it. 

Mushrooms are eaten quite a bit.  I didn't realize they had much protein.

Hummus is a big hit about once a month.  More than that and she wont touch it.   Same with lentils, black and kidney beans.  They are super good to her maybe once a month, but that's it. 

Sunny girl...i have tried a few no bake cookies with her and they all seem to have the sticky and chunky textures she doesn't like.  Would you mind sharing your recipes?

I have tried smoothies (frozen banana, blueberry, and almond milk) with nut butters or protein powders mixed in, but she can always taste the added protein and wont drink it. 

She wont eat whole nuts.  Avocados are "yucka". 

Mylie I would LOVE any dinner ideas you have.   We have been dealing with the soy, milk, and corn since day one, but the 100% gluten free is pretty new to us.     The hamburger hash sounds yummy, but she wont eat things that are mixed together except for simple pasta with a no chunk or visible herb marinara.eyesroll.gif

Thanks for the great ideas everyone.  

Sorry, I have eaten them, really delicious ones, but I don't have never made them and don't have any recipes.  Wish I did!

#12 of 28 Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 AM

Sorry, A4T, I'm a Coloradan.Sorry to hear about the fires in Texas right now, I hope they aren't affecting your area.

4 year olds are at this age still trying to figure out their bodies in general and what they can do, I can imagine it would be rough for her to cope with this as well, and a new diet to boot! I know from mom that going corn free is REALLY rough. She does the Paleo diet, and is really getting along with that.

Something I found that really comes in handy with the nuts is one of those little chopping cups (I can't for the life of me remember what they are really called). My husband and brother HATE nuts in their food unless it's banana nut something or other, so mom and I take about a quarter of a cup of any kind of nut and stick it under the chopper- voila! Nut flour that they can never tell the difference with. Even though I prefer whole nuts in my granola I'll make it with rolled quinoa and superfine chopped nuts and my husband wipes it out every time. He's one of the few in the house that always vows to never go gluten free, and he just ate four of my vegetarian banana nut muffins. And my mom's apricot peach cobbler dissapeared within five minutes on Labor Day, and we each only got one or two pieces!eyesroll.gif

Dinner dinner dinner... I got pepper steak, Red beans and Quinoa with wilted spinach, Turkey Chili, what are you in the mood for?

#13 of 28 Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 AM

Meat & eggs.  

Jenna, Mama to my little sprocket, born at home 5/29/2010
#14 of 28 Old 09-13-2011, 08:41 AM

None of these have eggs and can be easily converted to vegan/vegetarian. I found eggplant makes a pretty good substitute for steak with the right seasonings.

#15 of 28 Old 09-13-2011, 10:40 AM

StevensMommy, I am also a Coloradoan and am gluten, cow's milk, soy and artificial sweetener-free. I don't yet have kids, but DH and I are working on it (IVF scheduled for October) :-). I hope my little one does not have nearly as many issues as I do, but given the negative effects of soy even for non-allergic people, I don't plan on serving it in any way, shape or form. Gluten is not a whole lot better, but I probably won't restrict it quite as much if it won't hurt my little one's belly.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#16 of 28 Old 09-13-2011, 12:20 PM

I know you said you're vegan, but wasn't sure if you're feeding your kiddos that way as well - so if this is irrelevant, sorry smile.gif  But, my hubby just made dried salmon (salmon jerky), and dd (3-1/2 yo) cannot get enough of it. We have a dehydrator, but I know you can make it in the oven at low temp as well (don't know exactly how, though). He marinades it in the fridge overnight before dehydrating - we use vinegar (or sometimes soy sauce, but we really LOVE balsamic vinegar) and a sweetener (honey, Rapadura, brown sugar, etc - whatever you're comfortable with) along with salt, pepper, and seasonings. The best thing about dehydrated fish is that it's not really COOKED, so it retains a lot of that raw food goodness. Store it in a sealed container in the fridge if you'd like it to keep longer.

#17 of 28 Old 09-13-2011, 01:06 PM

We make egg, peanut butter, pumpkin puree pancakes almost every day with a little honey and cinnamon added. It is one egg, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1 tbs puree mixed and cooked in a skillet in coconut oil.  It is so easy and has a great consistency and flavor.

I STRONGLY recommend that you look into the GAPS diet.

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#18 of 28 Old 09-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Chia seeds are high in protein. 

#19 of 28 Old 09-13-2011, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

I have to say I love the responses to this.  Its all been helpful and we have had several new success with your ideas.  With several people suggesting the shake with nut butter, I decided to try it again with a new little twist.  I ordered a new almond butter that claimed to be as smooth as butter(it really is) and I ordered some chocolate extract.   THE protein drink for my kid was born.  She loves it.  She thinks that the little dark specks( almond butter) are chocolate.

one frozen banana

about 1 1/2 cups almond milk

sprinkle of raw vanilla powder

2 tbsp raw almond butter

4 drops chocolate extract

----blend till super smooth

stevens mommy--- the muffins disappeared in 2 days!!  I had to hide them from my daughter.  Thanks for a good easy breakfast that she will actually eat.   I haven't tried the chocolate pudding yet.  Avocados are $2.60 a piece right now!!!  Here is hoping they drop in price soon.  Oh and I would love the red beans and quiona.  I think everyone here would go for it.  We will be in Littleton, CO for Thanksgiving.  I have to say I am extremely jealous of all who get to enjoy CO on a daily basis. Oh the beautiful hiking...one can dream.

JosieAK..interesting recipe.  I cant even envision how the final product will turn out, but I'm up for the challenge.   We will be trying this next time we roast a pumpkin. Which we do a couple times a month now that they are showing up around town.  My son is obsessed with pumpkins for some reason and begs me to buy one anytime we see one. I think he enjoys digging the gooey seeds out. I can always use new pumpkin recipes that are gluten/dairy free.  AND thanks for the link.  I have been looking for a site like this and I hadn't found one that was too helpful yet.  Do you have a child who is on the gaps diet?

Coburnwoman--i eat mostly raw and we have an Excalibur.  I would LOVE to know exactly how to make the salmon.  It sounds wonderful.  How thick was the fillet? Have you ever made is savory? And did it stink up your house??  How did he keep it from falling apart?  I love the idea of such a travel friendly healthy protein that she could chew on.  She loves all the fruits that I dehydrate because she loves to chew.  What an awsome idea.

beckaboo95---I have chia seed in a jar , but have yet to find a use for it.   Can you recommend any kid friendly recipes?

#20 of 28 Old 09-14-2011, 11:57 AM

Just soak a T of seeds in 1/4 C water and add to your shake. We just started so we haven't done much else. But they are considered a superfood :)

#21 of 28 Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 PM

This isn't raw but I make patties/pancakes/flat breads out of veggies, spices and chick-pea flour (also called besan in indian food stores) fried in EVOO but you could easily use coconut oil or whatever else you fry in.

Finely chop about 1-2 cups of whatever veggies you want

1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped (we love cilantro but you can use any spices you want)

2 cups of chick pea flour

add water and stir until you have a medium batter that will spread a little when dropped in the pan.

Heat 2-3 TBS of oil, drop batter and fry until brown.   

If you omit all the veggies, you can use them as crepes/tortillas and fill with whatever you want.  Just thin the batter a little more to make flatter.

I like them with shredded zucchini, peppers, onions and cilantro but I have also done them with grated carrots and ginger and that was yummy too.

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#22 of 28 Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 PM

You can play around with the pumpkin and peanut butter pancakes until you find a consistency that works well for you. it isn't super strict.  I usually mix mine in a Pyrex measuring pitcher with a spout and pour it onto the hot, oiled griddle.

Yes. I am on the GAPS diet for my 3 month old (and myself) and my 2.5 year old is along for the ride.  We are currently trying to heal allergies and thyroid issues and build our health again.  My younger brothers are healing ADD and ADHD.  A friend is healing IBS and gluten intolerance.  And I've read many stories of families who have reverse Autism.  There are many wonderfully encouraging blogs out there for families on GAPS, but  Health, Home, Happy is my favorite right now.  She has a wealth of information and is a mama of little ones.  Also, explore around the site I linked to above.  There is a wonderful series of article and FAQ from the doctor that discovered the gut-brain link.  She herself is a mother of an Autistic child and now runs a clinic in the UK that serves people from all over the world.  She also has a book out.  It is just so remarkable, I have to share it!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#23 of 28 Old 09-16-2011, 06:33 PM

We're gluten, dairy, corn, and soy free here too. I'm subscribing for now...only on for 2 minutes while dinner finishes cooking. I'll be back later and see if I can add any ideas!

Married to my wonderful DH; Mama to DS born 6-07 and 4 in heaven brokenheart.gif1-06 (7 weeks) brokenheart.gif1-10 (6 weeks) and our twins 5-11, brokenheart.gifone sweet boy (17 weeks) and brokenheart.gifone precious baby girl (18 1/2 weeks).

In the middle of our adoption journey and are excitedly waiting to get matched with a birth mom

#24 of 28 Old 09-17-2011, 10:19 AM

All 4 Them: No prob when it comes to the muffins, I have to hide them from my brother in order for me and my mom to see any (unless I put nuts or craisins in them, sometimes I do both just so we can see more than a couple.) I hear ya when it comes to avacados, though over here they usually run about $1.50. That's expensive when you're really trying to run a budget, and I can't even find organic ANYWHERE, not even at Vitamin Cottage.Oh, and apparently they came out with quinoa burgers in the stores now, they're (supposed) to be vegan, GF/DF/CF. I can't seem to find them online and I can't remember the name to save my life... but there's a lot of other good quinoa burger recipes that I'm finding. Btw, I'm a Montrose chick and it's been raining like crazy.

The beans and rice are really simple, and you can subst. quinoa for a protien boost (I like wild and brown rice with mine, volcano rice when I can get it.) My secret ingredient is the chili powder they sell in the Mexican food aisle, the baggie with the white label. You can find it with complementary seasonings already added. I also add hamburger or sausage to mine, and I think they've finally started coming out with GF/CF/SF veggie meat crumbles. You can find just about anything made from nuts anymore, thats what I'm finding in most of the recipies I've seen. I also use black beans and kidney beans.

CoburnWoman: I love the look of that jerky, and I know my mom will too. I wonder how that would taste with apple cider vinegar...

Deborahbgkelly: That's the nice thing about restricted food lifestyles, if it's all they know, what are they going to miss? I didn't even think I could have kids (we can thank Celiac disease for that), and now I have a beautiful 3 month old son. I had hoped he would be like his daddy and not have allergies to anything, but luck of the draw was that he has a cow's milk protien allergy, and otherwise a better immune system than anyone else in the household. I've had to start supplementing him with hypoallergenic formula (which I HATE, he does just fine on solids but his doc is scared to death with all of the food allergies in my house that we could trigger something else), but otherwise this kid is going at the very least gluten free until I know his little digestive system is ready to try a pinch of gluten. I'd say no until he moves out of the house, but sadly schools and daycares just really don't seem to care about food allergies as much as they say. My hubby and I are SERIOUSLY considering homeschool.

#25 of 28 Old 09-17-2011, 11:14 AM

muffins made with coconut flour (uses lots of eggs)

pancakes made with coconut flour (again, lots of eggs)

trail mix with nuts/seeds

uncured bacon, hot dog and sausage (no nitrates)

hemp powder is supposed to be high in protein I think...add to pancakes, muffins, or smoothies

use garbanzo flour and chia seeds in your gluten free flour mix for baked goods to up protein content

So many great ideas in this thread!

Married to my wonderful DH; Mama to DS born 6-07 and 4 in heaven brokenheart.gif1-06 (7 weeks) brokenheart.gif1-10 (6 weeks) and our twins 5-11, brokenheart.gifone sweet boy (17 weeks) and brokenheart.gifone precious baby girl (18 1/2 weeks).

In the middle of our adoption journey and are excitedly waiting to get matched with a birth mom

#26 of 28 Old 09-17-2011, 11:54 PM

I'll get the specifics about the salmon jerky from hubby and post them here. He actually just made it for the first time; we normally jerk beef, but just moved to AK so we have salmon coming out our ears right now. I do know that one of the keys is to slice it very thin (at least with beef). I'm about 4 mo pregnant, so I steered clear of the process as much as possible - I love salmon, but can't stomach it with this one, even the smell makes me feel ill :)  So, no, it didn't stink up the house too badly - he dried it in the pantry w/the kitchen window open, and it didn't bother me too much. I should be able to get the details for you by the weekend.

#27 of 28 Old 09-18-2011, 10:10 AM

StevensMommy- I am not worried while they are at home with me about what they might think they are missing. When I sent them to daycare/school (not quite sure when that would be), I am more concerned about it. I also don't want to home-school my kids. I think schools need to be more educated on allergy issues and the only way for that to happen is if more people make it matter. 

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#28 of 28 Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have recipes on my blog (in my signature). We've been dairy, gluten, corn, soy free for over 3 years. Two of my kids and I just got corn back in the last month, and we're still rotating it (once every 4 days) so that we don't overdo it. It's hard at the beginning, but it gets easier!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page