delete - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

d

#2 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 09:10 AM

if you're really worried about the aluminum you can line with wax paper :)  and either bake/heat that way or pop the dish out and into glass or other bakeware. 

or you could line the bakeware with the wax paper and freeze it some and pop it out and wrap more to freeze.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#3 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Quote:

if you're really worried about the aluminum you can line with wax paper :)  and either bake/heat that way or pop the dish out and into glass or other bakeware. 

or you could line the bakeware with the wax paper and freeze it some and pop it out and wrap more to freeze.

I use to use wax but now I use parchment - it's stronger, easy to lift out of certain pans--some places still sell "freezer paper" that is also strong is you used that and wax together and wrap in foil or  plastic onto 

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#4 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

O thats an excellent idea!!  I never would have thought of using wax or parchment paper!!  Thanks so much!!

#5 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

O

#6 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

I think the disposable baking pans are fine... that's what I used for most of my freezer meals. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#7 of 11 Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love4ever View Post

Ok, new problem.  Normally wax paper is coated with petroleum wax, but I found some that is coated with soy wax.  Only prob is that soy is a genetically modified food and it is not made from organic soy, just soy so it is GMO.  The parchment paper that I would buy is coated in silicone.  Is silicone safe?  Does it leach chemicals?  Sorry, I am very picky lol.

Here are the two products I am looking at  http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-32714-if-you-care-all-natural-waxed-paper-100-unbleached-75-ft?redirect=1 

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-113686-if-you-care-parchment-baking-sheets-unbleached-totally-chlorine-free-tcf-24-sheets 

Thanks!

EW!  i did NOT know that.  silly me for assuming that wax was just... wax!  why does everything have to be so awful!!?

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#8 of 11 Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

d

#9 of 11 Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Is there anyway to prepare and freeze something in a Pyrex baking dish, freeze, pop it out, wrap, then put back in the pan to bake?  I realize, even if this worked, that you would still have to wrap it in something, but at least you wouldn't be baking on it.  Is this possible?  Has anyone attempted it?  Like a giant ice cube of food?  biglaugh.gifOK, it's getting late and I seem to be easily amused.

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#10 of 11 Old 09-25-2011, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I've frozen stock in pyrex bowls then once it's frozen slid it out into a bag to store it. I found my round bottomed bowl much easier as I could slide the "cube" out better. A pyrex jug turned out to be much more difficult.

I take the stock out of the freezer and leave it on the side for a few minutes before trying to get it out, I think the edges do melt a bit to let it out but not enough for me to worry about refrezing.

#11 of 11 Old 09-25-2011, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

you might want to look into - http://www.naturalvalue.com/PDFs/parchmentpaper.pdf

also there is a big difference in leaching between a HOT item and a frozen item as well as the safety factor in general as to how to freeze items

most commercial zipper type back are BPA free

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page