Wheat-Free, Nut-Free, Single Pack bars and crackers for lunch snacks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My dd's school has a no-nuts policy for snacks. Basically, snack foods must either be fresh (fruits or veggies) or packaged in factory packaging with labels. That is because the teacher must be able to check the label. The product has to be nut-free and not manufactured in a facility that processes nuts. What this means for packaged foods is that they must be in the single-serve packages. For example, I cannot buy a big box of Cheerios and just give her a bit each day because there would be no label for the teacher to see.

My dd is also allergic to wheat.

So far I have been giving her fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks. Which is all awesome. But I'd like to find some crackers or bars I could also give her for snacks.

In my local WF I checked out Clif Kids Z-Bar, Cascadian Farm bars and Nature's Path bars. The varieties that are wheat free are all processed in facilities that process nuts. So those are out. I have also not been able to find any wheat-free crackers that would be packaged in single-serve packages.

Any ideas for me? Thanks!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#2 of 2 Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

These are really good http://crunchmaster.elsstore.com/view/product/?id=56381&cid=91

The package doesn't state anything about the factory where they were made.

I only see them listed in the 4.5 ounce size, which is what I buy in the grocery store and way too much for a single serving.

However, the way I discovered them was at a gluten free food fair. They handed out individual sized bags of crackers. So, they package them that way. If you contact the company and find out you can buy the individual packets, can you please share the info.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page