delete - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-20-2011, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

d

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-20-2011, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

we just came back from 8 days away and only ate two meals out (one breakfast and a seafood meal)

we are dealing with a 3 year old and we were at the beach and use a solar cooker,

besides that-    "non-cooked" items were -- homemade nut/fruit bars, nut butters on homemade bread and crackers, hummus, organic "lunch meats" and cheese, tuna and salmon canned, meat pie (beginning part of the week- homemade and wrapped in baked dough), avdacos, dried fruits, fresh fruits, fresh veggies, organic yogurts (small containers) and container with pineapple (natural juice)-these we bought

we avoid no foods- we don't have allergies but 90% of the time we "pack" our own food and only eat at places that we have researched prior- we DO avoid the things you mentioned and don't use a microwave 

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#3 of 4 Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks!  One thing that you usually see at restaurants are things like mozzerella sticks, chicken strips, etc, and I could never give that to DD!  I will for sure have her breakfast, snacks and lunch covered, but still dont know about dinner.  I dont have a ton of room to pack things.  I love organic lunch meat but it is so expensive here!  I have to order it from a town 250 miles away in bulk.  I dont even go there so a friend gets it for me.  Otherwise it is unaffordable for me:(

Anyway thanks for the tips!  Any other tips are welcome!

#4 of 4 Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

since you are only doing a weekend you might want to look into pickled eggs- they travel well and can be made into "egg salad" for sandwiches

scotch eggs also travel well

another good thing is to get an OLD "picnic cook book" - they have lots of ideas - one good thing to learn is how to pack a cooler- simply laying foil on the top and backing it in the center of your trunk with clothing around it (this insulated it) are really helpful things to know-IMO

if you have a heat source- soup can also travel well (freeze first and pack it frozen)

meats- can you make your own and slice? (chicken/turkey breast- roastbeef are all great cold-some people even like meatloaf-not us!)

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page