Homemade Baby Food books - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-24-2011, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi mamas, I'm looking for a couple of good outlets to start our own baby food. I've picked up http://homemadebabyfood.net/index.html by Tina Ruggerio and was looking for others. I'd also love to hear your favorite mom blogs for foods and or your own personal tips. Thank you!!

#2 of 2 Old 10-25-2011, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was given a book called "Mommy Made" (don't remember the author) that had some pretty good recipes. In particular I use the recipe for tomato-free marinara sauce because we have tomato allergies (among many) at our house. It's made with roasted red peppers. When they're abundant in the summer I roast my own, otherwise I use the kind in jars-just make sure they don't have vinegar as that would ruin the taste. We like it on whole grain spaghetti or spaghetti squash.

My  aunt gave me a "Happy Baby Food Grinder" when I was pregnant with my first. It was very handy to use when our kids were just starting out with solid foods. It leaves some texture to the food but strains out any tough stuff unlike food processor types that can leave hard bits of stuff in a puree. We started with single foods to make sure of no allergic reactions and soon the kids were eating everything we eat. I never bought any kind of packaged baby foods.

Are you looking for outlets to sell homemade baby foods or for recipes to use for your own family? I'm not clear from your question.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page