Can a 2 y/o eat TOO MUCH? Could that mean anything? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 12-28-2011, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh man sounds like my whole family! No one wants to come to my house to eat b/c "all we have is health food" eyesroll.gif

My sis pretty much exclusively eats Marie Calendars tv dinner (they are HUGE) and conagra own them!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#32 of 45 Old 12-28-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

Oh man sounds like my whole family! No one wants to come to my house to eat b/c "all we have is health food" eyesroll.gif

My sis pretty much exclusively eats Marie Calendars tv dinner (they are HUGE) and conagra own them!

Gag.  We like real food in this house.  What we don't raise, grow, trap, or forage is bought at the store, but almost always from the perimeter of the store.  I just emailed a lady on my freecycle group who wants someone to come pick her crabapple tree.  ***me, me, me!!***

sosurreal09 likes this.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#33 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 12:35 PM

My personal opinion is to love it and keep feeding her. I actually think it sounds like an amazing appetite and sort of adorable too. :)

P.S. you are doing a great job feeding her healthy foods. :)

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#34 of 45 Old 01-03-2012, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontgirl View Post

My personal opinion is to love it and keep feeding her. I actually think it sounds like an amazing appetite and sort of adorable too. :)

P.S. you are doing a great job feeding her healthy foods. :)

Thanks! Totally OT but is VT as crunchy as everyone keeps telling me? I'm in MA and everyone keeps saying I "belong" in VT yet I noticed the BFing rate was still REALLY low.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#35 of 45 Old 01-04-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

Thanks! Totally OT but is VT as crunchy as everyone keeps telling me? I'm in MA and everyone keeps saying I "belong" in VT yet I noticed the BFing rate was still REALLY low.

We do have a ton of crunchies but also people of every flavor. Every area in Vt is different.

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#36 of 45 Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

So we had to do some allergy testing b/c she started having really bad reactions we couldn't figure out...So far she is allergic to eggs (which she ate daily) and tomato. We will see what mon & wed bring.

Of course it's eggs! Blah she loves eggs!

#37 of 45 Old 01-06-2012, 02:59 PM

You do know that some people crave what they are allergic/sensitve to, right?

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#38 of 45 Old 01-07-2012, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Yes I do now LOL She eats like 5 bananas a day though and that was negative...I just thought it was a toddler thing.

#39 of 45 Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM

Negative on an IgE ("true allergy") test? Because even if it is negative on an IgE test, she can still be sensitive/intolerant to it (IgG, for one). That is much more difficult to test for/less agreement among Western medical professionals.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#40 of 45 Old 01-10-2012, 10:52 PM

My son eats about the same. He turned 2 in september and I thought it was alot too. I havent had him to the drs yet...he dont seem overweight to me but is always bloated. He can eat a footlong sub from subway...CRAZY!

High raw Vegans Mommy to 5!!
#41 of 45 Old 01-11-2012, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolenegreen View Post

My son eats about the same. He turned 2 in september and I thought it was alot too. I havent had him to the drs yet...he dont seem overweight to me but is always bloated. He can eat a footlong sub from subway...CRAZY!

WOW that is huge!

On the 31st we see the Dr to see what to do about the allergies. I know she is VERY intolerant of dairy. She's been gassy lately and I'm thinking that;s the wheat but bowel movements are normal.

#42 of 45 Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

The only thing that came to my mind, which I'm sure you know, is that if she's gluten sensitive it could be damaging to her gut and causing malabsorption. She definitely isn't eating a ton of wheat, but maybe enough to make a difference. Thought I'd throw it out there. Phytates aren't good for anyone. Maybe try eliminating wheat (and giving her even more fat) and see how it goes. 

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#43 of 45 Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Oh right update! She is allergic to EGGS, tomato, sesame, strawberry, and grapes! We have cut them out and she has healed so much already (long story she started having a ton of reactions when my supply dropped).

She still eats a fair amount but keeps refusing dinner now...just going with the flow!

ASusan likes this.

#44 of 45 Old 01-28-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

She's back to eating a ton LOL Guess it's just her! She ate an entire pint of blueberries and then asked for a banana and this was after lunch! Oh well we will just go broke on whole foods. Not much I can do...

#45 of 45 Old 02-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Just chiming in to sub and say that my DS is very similar.  He can eat a ton (he's technically weaned, though he drinks raw, organic, grass-fed milk in a bottle at the same times I would nurse him), and he's not at all picky.  We eat mostly whole, from-scratch foods, plus organic crackers, Kashi cereal and oatmeal, and HFCS-free, whole grain bread.  DS's obsession food is apples and tomatoes.  Loves them.  I have a bushel of apples on the back porch (it's not heated), and when we go out there to get dog food, he's always snatching one.  Tomatoes he'll just wander through the garden and inhale when they're in season, so we have to watch or I won't have any left to can!  Cheese, carrots, and yogurt (plain, flavored, whatever) are other favorites.

DS is larger, and always has been.  Not fat, but very solid.  He was 9 lbs 7 oz at birth, and just rocketed up the growth chart.  He was EBF and gaining a pound a week for a while.  By 3 months, he was in 6-9 month clothing.  At 28 months, he's about 37" tall and 37 lbs.  He fits perfectly into 3T clothes, though some are tight in the bum because of his cloth booty.  Looking at the WHO growth charts, he's over 97th percentile in weight-for-age, and just under 97th in height-for-age, so he's pretty proportionate.  I worry a bit, simply because everyone makes comments like, "Oh, he's heavy!" when they pick him up.  They also comment on how much he eats.  I don't restrict his food, but I get nervous sometimes in spite of how active and obviously healthy he is.  

So glad I'm not the only one with a bottomless pit!

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page