Mothering Forum banner

Food processors: cuisanart 11 cup or kitchenaid 12 cup?

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  gardenmommy 
#1 ·
I'm considering making a food processor purchase. I'd like to experiment with gluten-free pie crust, among other things, and I think that it might be easier with a fp, especially since I'm not that great at making pie crust to begin with, lol. So, if you have an opinion on cuisanart vs. kitchenaid, please share it! I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

#2 ·
I love my KA. I've used Cuisinarts in the past, but I've had trouble with their customer service being totally clueless.

Whatever you get, I highly recommend getting the one with more than one size of work bowl. I use the small work bowl far more than the big one.

#4 ·
Gah!! I've been reading reviews all day, and it seems to be either love or hate for both brands. I'm thinking that maybe I'll size up to the 14 cup. I just can't decide. In your experience, is a more expensive machine equal to a higher quality? I know that more $$ does not always = better quality, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

#9 ·
I had that KA processor linked previously for about 4 years, until I broke it. Honestly for 50 dollars difference there is no comparison to the Cuisinart Elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmommy View Post

Arduinna, is that the one with the sloping sides, nesting bowls, and the gasket to keep it from leaking? I'm really torn now between that one and the KA 13 cup. Lol, I really can't decide, I wish someone would just buy me one.
Yes it is. Here is the link to it

Features listed on their site

• High-capacity, heavy-duty processor with an ultrapowerful motor.
  • Three interchangeable bowls (16-cup, 13-cup and 4 1/2-cup cap.).
  • Easy-to-clean electronic touch-pad controls feature a pulse function.
  • Separate setting dedicated to kneading bread dough.
  • SealTight™ system creates a spillproof seal between the bowl and lid, allowing you to fill to maximum capacity without leakage. * This is a really nice improvement*
  • BladeLock feature locks each blade securely in place while you're pouring ingredients from the bowl. * as is this, no need to stick your finger in the bottom of the bowl*
  • Blades and discs are made of durable, easy-care stainless steel.
  • Redesigned adjustable slicing disc lets you customize size and thickness (up to 6mm) when you're chopping and slicing. * love the adjustable slicing disc, one disc does it all*
  • Reversible shredding disc allows you to quickly grate thick or thin shreds of ingredients.
  • Dough blade makes fast work of kneading. * I really like the new metal dough blade*
  • Chopping blade processes foods or thoroughly mixes ingredients.
  • Extra-large feed tube eliminates need to precut most ingredients.
  • Retractable power cord.
  • Rugged die-cast-metal housing ensures stability and years of use.
  • A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.

#11 ·
I have no problems cleaning it. I read the complaints too. Honestly, some people will complain about anything. I have gotten stuff in the top between the lid and the seal. It's simple to get out though, just run water through the little holes they put in the lid just for this purpose.

#12 ·
Ya know, I was drooling over that list of features in the Elite... right up until I got to the last one. That honestly kills it for me. But I will say that the 3 different bowls would be really nice, as would the blade lock - I hate that particular fact of life with my KA.

I have the one that was linked above, and I've been perfectly happy with it. Got it as a wedding present. I may not use it as much as I used to - but that's just life with a toddler (less complex cooking). I use the small bowl much more often than the big one - sauces and marinades and the like do nicely in there. I will say though that it can't handle making mustard from seeds... I was very disappointed, next time I'll try the blender.

#15 ·
Yes, Williams Sonoma has the exclusive on the 16 cup version only. From Cuisinart's website the bowl sizes on the 14 cup version are 14-cup Large Bowl, 11-cup Medium Bowl, and 4½-cup Small Bowl with Pour Spouts & Measurement Markings. There is also a 12 cup version of the Elite with 12-cup Large Bowl and 4-cup Small Bowl with Pour Spouts & Measurement Markings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.