Dairy/yeast/corn/pork-free Christmas brunch recipes needed! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we are hosting Christmas brunch for my parents and my very mainstream brother and his family.  I want some things we can all eat but my mom has lots of allergies and I'm having trouble finding brunch recipes that suit everyone.  I'm used to cooking for her when she is here and normally we do waffles or pancakes using her flour and almond milk if we're cooking breakfast but I'm looking for some make ahead options that don't have to be prepared at the last minute.  I love to cook and do wonderful things in the kitchen but I have a 5yo, a 2.5 yo and am expecting #3 in January so something easy with limited prep time is a bonus thumb.gif

Here is the list of things we're avoiding: dairy, corn, barley, pork and yeast and all fermented foods or fungi (including mushrooms, vinegar, nutritional yeast...).  So many dairy free recipes use nutritional yeast as a cheese sub and that doesn't work for us. 

Any ideas?  Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 12-15-2011, 08:08 AM

I'd probably start with a crustless quiche/fritatta.  Use a milk sub and skip the cheese.  Put whatever veggies into it you like.  Depending on the set-up (sit down vs buffet), you could even do egg muffins (just bake a quiche in a muffin tin - instant finger food). 

Roast potatoes/hasbrowns or whatever form of potato you prefer. 

I'd probably do a meat separately - whether that's chicken/turkey sausage or turkey bacon, or what have you (personally I'd probably do both turkey and pork, but that's me). 

I'd probably make a quick bread or biscuit or scone or muffin - something that doesn't need yeast, milk is easy enough to sub or find a milk-free recipe.  You can get corn-free leaveners.  Have a dairy-free butter option for her. 

For some reason I want to say roast asparagus, but it is seriously the wrong season for asparagus. 

I'd probably round it out with a fruit salad or just some cut fruit. 

And really, most of that is easy enough to make ahead. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#3 of 3 Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 AM

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page