organic apples in bags? - Mothering Forums
Nutrition and Good Eating > organic apples in bags?
kfillmore's Avatar kfillmore 03:46 PM 12-16-2011

Do you buy organic apples in bags? They sell at Safeway and are usually cheeper BUT I worry about the toxins from plastic being absorbed. I have not researched but I think th ebags could be made form PVC (?)

catnip's Avatar catnip 10:30 PM 12-16-2011

I don't usually, because I've found that the quality is iffy on bagged fruit. Sometimes it's fine, but I usually prefer to buy fruit I can select one at a time.

cameragirl's Avatar cameragirl 11:32 PM 12-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip View Post

I don't usually, because I've found that the quality is iffy on bagged fruit. Sometimes it's fine, but I usually prefer to buy fruit I can select one at a time.

I don't buy the apples pre-bagged for the same reason. The apples are usually a little beat up, and not of the best quality.
Neera's Avatar Neera 11:23 AM 12-17-2011

We buy them at Walmart and Sams club and they are usually fine. Never had any problem.

cristeen's Avatar cristeen 04:38 PM 12-17-2011

I'm picky about the fruit I want to eat, so I buy from the farmers market, they tend to be less bruised, and I can tell if they're getting a little old/wrinkled.  But if I'm going to be dehydrating them, I'm less picky, so will get the bags because they're cheaper. 

Tags: Nutrition Good Eating
Up