Please help motivate me- food related - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 13 weeks pregnant.  Before pregnancy I had a very healthy diet.  I rarely ate suger, ate plenty of beans, quinoa, veggies, just clean whole foods. Food adversions hit me hard and early and I basically started eating whatever I could keep down- white bread instead of whole wheat, plenty of sugar, esp. over the holidays, sugary cereals, kraft mac and cheese, commercial fruit juices instead of using my juicer, ice cream in my smoothies instead of plain yogurt and kefir, etc.  Now that I am starting to feel a bit better, I need help reminding my why it is important to eat healthy during pregnancy because now I crave all those bad things that I was eating (and also because they take less time/energy for food prep).  Please help!  Thanks!

#2 of 2 Old 01-12-2012, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

hug2.gif  I understand what you are going through. I had persistent morning sickness throughout two pregnancies. For awhile, the only thing I could really manage to eat was wonton soup. The chicken broth was mild enough to stay down most days, and if I could eat something solid, at least I had the wonton dumplings.  It wasn't ideal but since fruit and vegetables wouldn't stay down, I figured there wasn't much point in trying to eat them in the first place. 

I would focus on taking small, easy steps back to healthier eating. It doesn't take more time or energy to cook quinoa instead of boxed mac and cheese. The same with using yogurt in your smoothies instead of ice cream. 

If your energy is starting to return, it may be a good idea to try out some batch cooking once a week or so, and freeze some meals so they are ready for those days when you have low energy or not enough time to cook. If you have a slow cooker, it can be a great help. You can have oatmeal ready in the morning for breakfast. You can toss in a few ingredients and have a healthy soup for dinner. Best wishes with finding what works. 

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page