What is the best way to drink something green if green smoothies with fresh greens is not an option? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Also needs to be frugal Using fresh greens is pretty much out since I don't have a high power blender, tried once with kale in my current blender and it was awful- had to chew it down. Was thinking of getting a powder but that seems like a waste since the greens are all dead, or is it still nutritionally sound? Is it cost effective? I noticed some brands include green tea and I have to stay away from caffeine, any brand recommendations? Next I thought about going with shots of wheat grass, would have to invest in a wheat grass juicer , my juicer says it can juice wheat grass but I read that the fibers are not safe to consume, something about them being sharp and can damage your stomach/gut. Also would have to buy seeds/trays/growing supplies since growing it myself seems to be the most cost effective. Anyone do this, any tips or recs? Please help my drink my greens on a budget!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

not juicing but I made this greens soup for lunch and drank it out of a mug with no spoon.  absolutely delicious.  

http://www.publicradio.org/columns/splendid-table/recipes/basic_green_soup.html

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating
User Tag List