Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Nutrition and Good Eating (http://www.mothering.com/forum/267-nutrition-good-eating/)
-   -   I need some good meals for a 10 month old (http://www.mothering.com/forum/267-nutrition-good-eating/1342483-i-need-some-good-meals-10-month-old.html)

Mowgismama21 01-18-2012 04:00 PM

He wont eat puree’s anymore and has 6 teeth, what are some good recipes for a 10 month old

Non- cow milk and soy please ~ we use goats milk

peaceful_mama 01-18-2012 08:18 PM

10 months my kids ate all kinds of cooked vegetables and all sorts of ripe, peeled fruits.  They ate well-cooked, soft meats.  Crockpot soups and stews are great because the meat is falling apart.  Also, mine ate beans at that age.  Really, they ate anything except obvious choking-hazard foods and tough, hard to chew meats.  All of mine liked fish a lot too, you just have to really check for bones.  It's super-easy for them to eat though.

cristeen 01-23-2012 05:38 PM

At 10 months, they really shouldn't be eating "meals" - food is still just practice at that point.  At that age I just gave DS whatever I had on hand - maybe cooked a little longer to get soft.  Broccoli, soft fruits (he loved apricots), avocado (which he hated), baked beans, meatballs.  I made sure I either had something in the fridge or something on the table that would interest him each day, but I never expected him to be eating a certain amount or a certain selection each day.  At 2 I still can't expect that from him. 

KathrynH 01-23-2012 07:08 PM

At 10 months our DS ate little bits of this and that. We were trying to get him to eat more finger foods, because we knew when he began daycare shortly after 11 months he would need to self feed. He liked broccoli florets, sweet potato "fries", corn, soft steamed carrots, tofu, pinto beans, black beans, eggs, strawberries, quartered grapes, mango, rotini pasta, etc. We also cut up pieces of bread, muffin, or pancakes for him. I continued to spoon feed DS plain yogurt mixed with fruit purée, multi-grain oatmeal, and occasionally applesauce. 

It's best for us when DS can eat what we have for dinner. I like to make dishes like chicken noodle soup, quesadillas with sweet potato "fries", chicken and rice/quinoa with veggies, and pesto pasta because we can easily feed DS off our plates.

mommy212 01-23-2012 07:22 PM

Didn't read the other posts, so sorry if these are repeats:

brown rice, quinoa or other small cooked grain with soft cooked veggies

small bites of your meals

blueberries, bananas, apples, etc

coconut yogurt or other yogurt

beans

fish (DS loved soft anchovies out of a can, which surprised me)

KathrynH 01-25-2012 11:25 AM

Have you looked at wholesomebabyfood.com or wholesometoddlerfood.com? Great ideas!