Whoo hooo! Buying a Vitamix! Which model? Reviews? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Whooo hoooo!

My husband has just approved the purchase of a Vitamix!  My son is about to start "baby food" AND has a feeding tube, so my husband said for the price, we might as well buy a Vitamix instead of a "baby food maker".  

AND, since we see my son getting rid of his tube in the year or two, my husband said we can have a Vitamix since we'll use it FOREVER!

Now...which one do we buy?

Thank you!

Mrs B

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, I am excited for you! I remember the day ours came in the mail I was giddy like a little school girl! We've had our Vitamix for 3 years and it has been the best investment we've made in a long time. We use it multiple times everyday and it is just perfect for making fresh baby food plus all of the other things we make with it... fresh salad dressings, dips/hummus, nut butters, smoothies... so versatile.

Anyway, I remember when we were looking for one it took me a bit to sort out the models too. The one you want is the 5200. Most of the other models like the CIA are just rebranded versions of the 5200 (that cost more to boot). They also make a 2-speed version called the turboblend that comes in various model numbers which is a little bit cheaper but I think it is essential to have the variable speed dial so that you can better control the consistency of your blends. As for jars I like the big 64 oz jar so that I can blend a large batch of soup or make smoothies for the whole family at once. The downside to the big jar is it won't fit under the kitchen cabinet unless you have it sitting next to the base (no big deal for us). They also make a smaller 48 oz jar that fits under the cabinet if that is a requirement for you.

They really do last pretty much forever. I just met someone recently who said she's had hers since 1981 and it's still running perfectly! Amazing, really. Oh and order directly from Vitamix as they have little bonuses that they include with your order. Make sure you use a promo code to get free shipping though. Here's one you can use: 06-006777. Have fun with your new kitchen "toy"! Cheers!

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page