gentle-on-the-stomach homemade cracker recipe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I just found out I'm pregnant and am already experiencing a little early-pregnancy nausea. It's okay now, but I want to have some simple crackers on hand to nosh on if the nausea starts to require more management.

I'd rather not buy crackers--we are a little compulsive about avoiding packaging waste in our house, plus it'd be cheaper to make my own and I've been wanting to add crackers to my homemade food repertoire. Anyone have a very basic cracker recipe to share? Regular wheat flour is fine for me.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

www.elanaspantry.com has some great cracker recipes made with almond flour. Don't know how that'll be for you.

I found that when I was pregnant I did okay as long as I had something in my stomach, whether it was a snack or juice or milk or anything. The two times I threw up were the two times I didn't eat much dinner.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! And it's nice to know any food worked for you. I guess I just thought of crackers first since they're such a common suggestion. 

Old 03-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oikophile View Post

Thanks! And it's nice to know any food worked for you. I guess I just thought of crackers first since they're such a common suggestion. 

Everyone's different. It didn't matter what I ate, only that I ate. I can't remember what I had for breakfast, but a couple hours later (when I was at work) I had cranberry juice or milk.

I drank cranberry juice every day to prevent a urinary tract infection since they are a big cause of pre-term delivery.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM

For me, an apple was/is a better choice during pregnancy.  For most people nausea is caused by low blood sugar, so you just need something to raise it, and an apple does that well for me.  Once I can get past the nausea (about 10-20 minutes after eating), then I can eat something that maybe I couldn't have stood to smell/look at a half an hour earlier (sausage, eggs, etc.).  Wait too long though and you just start cycling back to the low blood sugar. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Tags
Nutrition Good Eating
User Tag List